Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 45   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chris news & info  (Read 179160 times)
Felicia

Warned
Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: February 09, 2017, 04:42:22 PM »

Ok-but IF this is true I'm sorry but it doesnt paint him in a good light

Not saying it is ,but nevertheless
Ginger

Small Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: February 09, 2017, 05:07:07 PM »

Ok-but IF this is true I'm sorry but it doesnt paint him in a good light

Not saying it is ,but nevertheless

I have no statistics but I have never seen Chris painted in a good light in (quite a large part of) Swedish media.
He's a crook through and through, if you're to believe their headlines over the last years.
I obviously don't know him but it's just not believable.
At the same time Sofia is worshipped as as a saint by those very magazines... Thinking
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: February 09, 2017, 05:17:44 PM »

What I find surprising is that getting a bit drunk on night out with friends (while behaving super gentlemanly when dining out with his wife) used to be nothing to write about in the Sweden I knew 25 years back. Almost everybody went out at the weekend and had at least one more drink than absolutely necessary.
I wonder if this directed at his US roots? In the US getting drunk is equally nothing unusual, yet it is frowned upon. A celebrity who is pictured "wasted" gets terrible press, is bordering alcoholism.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Felicia

Warned
Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: February 09, 2017, 05:39:36 PM »

But there is a difference between getting wasted (acceptable as far as I know in Sweden (have family there)  and certainly in the UK) and what is alleged here-ie being out of control in a violent and obnoxious way

I would just say that if this was reported of any other "married in " I can just imagine the comments-but am equally prepared to believe that
there is an agenda being pursued in the press here
Lady Adelaide

Gigantic Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: April 05, 2017, 07:40:57 PM »

http://stoppapressarna.se...kumma-resa-utan-madeleine

Chris O'Neill's shady luxury trip - without Madeleine

In great secrecy Chris O'Neill traveled from London - without Madeleine.
He traveled like a king through the VIP lounge, and had his own private chauffeur.
Now his extravagant travelling habits are being questioned by people at the royal court.

Chris O'Neill, 42, made a quick visit to Stockholm.

He traveled without princess Madeleine, 34, and landed just before 11 o'clock at the airport on Tuesday.
- He was here in business meetings during the day, that is correct, said Margareta Thorgren, Director of the Information and Press Department at the Royal Court, to Expressen.

During the journey Chris O'Neill traveled more like royalty than an ordinary businessman. When the plane arrived, the princess husband transferred directly to the airport's luxurious VIP lounge, where he was picked up by a chauffeur who drove him to Stockholm.

According to Expressen, the car was from the Royal Stables - that is, one of the king's cars. Chris using the benefits given to royals for his own purposes both surprises and upsets the people at the royal court.

- He renounced a prince title in order to continue with his company. But this would mean that he uses the privileges given to the royal family for himself. If Christopher was on a business trip then his own company should have paid for the journey to Stockholm. This is shady and doesn't look good, says an employee that Stoppa pressarna talked to.

The media has several times written about how the princess husband's company Wilton Payments has financial problems. The debts of the company were last fall 3 million SEK, and only about 10.000 SEK in the bank.

Chris has previously commented on the situation in his company.
- I'm working on it. It takes longer than you think to develop such payment solutions to large enterprises. You can come up with a good idea and yet three years later remain in the same process, he said.

But food "must be put on the table", and according to sources, Chris and Madeleine have had problems with their economy.
- Without the court apanage, Madeleine's family would hardly have made it. Madeleine feels worried and distressed, said an informant.

The court has not been able to explain more in detail what Chris O'Neill actually did in the Swedish capital. Svensk Damtidning reports that Chris was seen at lunchtime strolling outside The Royal Dramatic Theatre together with Count Jacob Cronstedt, a close friend of princess Madeleine.
Ginger

Small Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: April 05, 2017, 08:11:56 PM »

Someone should look into what and who's behind these articles.
(Sofia was even praised when she travelled on her own  (can't remember where) not long ago, by the same tabloid.)
Antevorta

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: April 05, 2017, 10:17:18 PM »

He traveled like a king through the VIP lounge, and had his own private chauffeur.
Now his extravagant travelling habits are being questioned by people at the royal court.

He traveled without princess Madeleine, 34, and landed just before 11 o'clock at the airport on Tuesday.
- He was here in business meetings during the day, that is correct, said Margareta Thorgren, Director of the Information and Press Department at the Royal Court, to Expressen.

During the journey Chris O'Neill traveled more like royalty than an ordinary businessman. When the plane arrived, the princess husband transferred directly to the airport's luxurious VIP lounge, where he was picked up by a chauffeur who drove him to Stockholm.

According to Expressen, the car was from the Royal Stables - that is, one of the king's cars. Chris using the benefits given to royals for his own purposes both surprises and upsets the people at the royal court.

- He renounced a prince title in order to continue with his company. But this would mean that he uses the privileges given to the royal family for himself. If Christopher was on a business trip then his own company should have paid for the journey to Stockholm. This is shady and doesn't look good, says an employee that Stoppa pressarna talked to.

The media has several times written about how the princess husband's company Wilton Payments has financial problems. The debts of the company were last fall 3 million SEK, and only about 10.000 SEK in the bank.

- I'm working on it. It takes longer than you think to develop such payment solutions to large enterprises. You can come up with a good idea and yet three years later remain in the same process, he said.

But food "must be put on the table", and according to sources, Chris and Madeleine have had problems with their economy.
- Without the court apanage, Madeleine's family would hardly have made it. Madeleine feels worried and distressed, said an informant.

The court has not been able to explain more in detail what Chris O'Neill actually did in the Swedish capital. Svensk Damtidning reports that Chris was seen at lunchtime strolling outside The Royal Dramatic Theatre together with Count Jacob Cronstedt, a close friend of princess Madeleine.

So, the big to do is that he was picked up by one of the cars belonging to CG?  Christopher is family after all and perhaps the decision actually came from CG. Shocker.

From what I can gather it takes 30 minutes or so to travel from the airport to Stockholm.  Who is to say that Chris didn't reimburse for the cost of the gas and/or the use of the car?  It's not like there was a demand for the car in question - needing to take someone in the family to an engagement.  What cars do CG/Silvia, Vic/Dan, CP/Sofia use when they are not working?  Do they ever use a car belonging to the apanage?  Besides, the apanage didn't pay for Chris's airline ticket, his hotel or his food/drink consumption.

Finally, Madeleine doesn't receive regular money from the apanage - that has been stated over and over by Madeleine herself and been reported on by the Court.  I highly doubt the payment Madeleine receives of one random engagement every now and again, is enough to support her family on.

This type of "journalism" really pisses me off.  One day I hope Christoper sues these publishing houses for libel.
Olya

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: April 05, 2017, 10:42:17 PM »

So, the big to do is that he was picked up by one of the cars belonging to CG?  Christopher is family after all and perhaps the decision actually came from CG. Shocker.

From what I can gather it takes 30 minutes or so to travel from the airport to Stockholm.  Who is to say that Chris didn't reimburse for the cost of the gas and/or the use of the car?  It's not like there was a demand for the car in question - needing to take someone in the family to an engagement.  What cars do CG/Silvia, Vic/Dan, CP/Sofia use when they are not working?  Do they ever use a car belonging to the apanage?  Besides, the apanage didn't pay for Chris's airline ticket, his hotel or his food/drink consumption.

Finally, Madeleine doesn't receive regular money from the apanage - that has been stated over and over by Madeleine herself and been reported on by the Court.  I highly doubt the payment Madeleine receives of one random engagement every now and again, is enough to support her family on.

This type of "journalism" really pisses me off.  One day I hope Christoper sues these publishing houses for libel.

This is really such a crap article. Him taking the car is hardly anything major. I'd say others use & misuse taxpayer's money much much worse than taking a car fro a short ride, and besides, no one even knows whether the taxpayer paid for a bit of petrol & a chauffer who was at work that day anyway. This article pissed me off too, and I'm surprised at myself how much this shitty little write up is agitating me.
His supposed VIP treatment and better treatment than a "king's" is hardly noteworthy, as it seems to me like the usual business/ VIP/ anybody actually treatment. Hardly "VIP" really or "better than a king's". Such bs. Sof being praised for nothing (poor boo boo travelling via economy but being upgraded to business because she's a princess was some praise worthy story), and Chris being taken apart for nothing. Really stupid and does make it look like someone specific is behind this. The olden times were hardly much better, but really, at times you wish things like the tower were back and you could just send relatives & others who are like this up in the tower or exile them, to finally have some peace &quiet and a good life; than being pooped all over all the time because someone thinks they are better or whatever.
Whether the company is in any trouble I don't know, but even if it is, it does not mean that the owner (aka Chris & therefore Madeleine) is in financial trouble. To make that assumption is quite a stretch.

ETA: With the headline they make it sound as if Chris went on a jolly somewhere, instead of a business day trip to Stockholm. wtf!
Passing Stars

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: April 06, 2017, 04:48:36 AM »

This garbage could easily affect Chris's business.  I hope he sues them.  If the media insists on declaring war on Chris, his family and his means of supporting his family, then they should be sued.  The legal bill should then be handed to the RF for payment.  Enough is enough!

The SRF needs to either gag the media or sue them on behalf of Madde and Chris  Nono.

This weak-willed, morally corrupt family does not deserve the privilege of representing Sweden  . Maybe it's just time for all of them to find a new day job?
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: April 06, 2017, 07:01:50 AM »

Wait, I'm assuming his company is private.  So how could any media find out how much is the company's debts or how much cash it has? For a private company,  this information is confidential. Was it leaked by an insider? Or did the media make it up?

Given the amount of travel he does, I'm sure he gets to use the VIP lounge of many airlines by mileage. I travel quite a bit, I get some lounge coupons as well. What's a big deal?

Chauffeur-driven car? What's a big deal? I called for sedan car service to or from the airport too. I don't need royal connection for that. If you have experienced the pain of transport around airports here, you would be willing to pay a few more bucks for it. It's definitely not treatment for the king. Has the writer ever....traveled?

Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: April 06, 2017, 08:00:50 AM »

Wait, I'm assuming his company is private.  So how could any media find out how much is the company's debts or how much cash it has? For a private company,  this information is confidential. Was it leaked by an insider? Or did the media make it up?

If the company is duly registered in Sweden, it's figures are publicly available. By law, as all companies, no matter if stock noted or privately owned, have publication rules to follow. AFAIK, even salaries are publicly available.

Then again, you are right, no big deal with his travel arrangements. Buy a business class ticket and you have VIP lounge access. No idea what the author thinks an "ordinary businessman" would do - travel in coach and then take the subway to city center?
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: April 06, 2017, 08:21:45 AM »

If the company is duly registered in Sweden, it's figures are publicly available. By law, as all companies, no matter if stock noted or privately owned, have publication rules to follow. AFAIK, even salaries are publicly available.

Then again, you are right, no big deal with his travel arrangements. Buy a business class ticket and you have VIP lounge access. No idea what the author thinks an "ordinary businessman" would do - travel in coach and then take the subway to city center?

Why would he register in Sweden when his business is clearly based in London?
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: April 06, 2017, 08:30:14 AM »

Media is just make stuff up as usual.
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: April 06, 2017, 08:38:21 AM »

I will never understand why the press is going after Chris, Madeleine, even Dan and Vic while they praise Snakey as a saint. How much influence can such an average person without charisma gain? Crazy
Olya

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: April 06, 2017, 10:23:25 AM »

Given the amount of travel he does, I'm sure he gets to use the VIP lounge of many airlines by mileage. I travel quite a bit, I get some lounge coupons as well. What's a big deal?

Chauffeur-driven car? What's a big deal? I called for sedan car service to or from the airport too. I don't need royal connection for that. If you have experienced the pain of transport around airports here, you would be willing to pay a few more bucks for it. It's definitely not treatment for the king. Has the writer ever....traveled?

I strongly suspect the answer is "no".
I also doubt very much that his company is registered in Sweden, but interesting to know how public it all is in Sweden! Wow!
Media is defiinitely making this one up imo.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 45   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: