Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal What Ifs?  (Read 9280 times)
CyrilSebastian

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2019, 02:14:12 AM »

If King Carlos I and his son Luis Filipe, Prince Royal of Portugal had not been assassinated in 1908 and Carlos had remained the sovereign, would Portugal have remained a monarchy during the First World War?
CyrilSebastian

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2019, 02:51:00 AM »

For the succession to the Spanish throne, King Charles II of Spain named Philip, Duke of Anjou, the grandson of King Louis XIV of France, as heir. What if Charles II instead named Archduke Charles of Austria, the son of Emperor Leopold I, as heir?
CyrilSebastian

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2019, 04:03:38 AM »

King Philip IV of Spain reigned as King Philip III of Portugal from 1621 to 1640. He was succeeded by King John IV. What if Philip had been succeeded by his son, Charles II of Spain?
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2019, 10:06:41 PM »

King Philip IV of Spain reigned as King Philip III of Portugal from 1621 to 1640. He was succeeded by King John IV. What if Philip had been succeeded by his son, Charles II of Spain?

Since Carlos II died childless, we would've seen not only a war of the Spanish succession, but of the Portuguese succession as well.
CyrilSebastian

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2019, 03:57:20 AM »

Since Carlos II died childless, we would've seen not only a war of the Spanish succession, but of the Portuguese succession as well.

After such a war, would one person still end up being the monarch of both Portugal and Spain?
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2019, 07:39:50 AM »

After such a war, would one person still end up being the monarch of both Portugal and Spain?

Could be, but I doubt that they would've stayed together for long. The Braganzas certainly would've by then come up with their claim and the other countries would've seen to it that the Vourbons won't have that much power and lands in their hand.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 07:45:46 AM by Kristallinchen » Logged
CyrilSebastian

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2019, 03:39:56 AM »

Who would have been the best claimant for the Spanish throne?
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2019, 03:57:44 PM »

Who would have been the best claimant for the Spanish throne?

The most likely scenario for me is that in the end the Bragancas would've gotten the throne of Portugal anyway.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2019, 11:27:14 AM »

Last week I stumbled on a rather interesting royal view book in Dutch.

Constand Wassink - De Republiek wordt uitgeroepen  (= The Republic is proclaimed)

What would the consequences have been if Queen Wilhelmina had died in 1902? Through the sidelines, there were various throne pretenders in Germany who were entitled to the Dutch throne. Would a king then have come to the throne who meant the best for our country and people? The Grand Duke of Saxony-Weimar-Eisenach comes to the throne as King Willem IV. After a good start, he appears to have forgotten his German background and drags the Netherlands along in the First World War. He is deposed and the Republic of the Seven United Netherlands is proclaimed.

I have read a view parts of the book, some came across as rather 'dry' matter. But it still kept me curious. The writer mixed real persons with fantasy. Among others Willem IV marries Thyra of Denmark, who becomes relatively popular in the Netherlands (through her foundations to help people).

At the time I couldn't borrow the book from the library (already reached my amount of allowed books). But I have put it on my TBR list.
CyrilSebastian

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2019, 03:37:53 AM »

Eleanor of Austria (1498-1558) was the daughter of Joanna of Castile and Philip of Austria. Her relatives tried to marry her to the French Kings Louis XII or Francis I. What if Archduchess Eleanor had married King Louis XII of France?
shoshanah

Humongous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2019, 04:23:23 AM »

What if Henry V, the star of England and victor of Agincourt, hadn't died suddenly at 36? His widow, Catherine de Valois wouldn't have married Owen Tudor.

CyrilSebastian

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2019, 03:41:14 AM »

What if Henry V, the star of England and victor of Agincourt, hadn't died suddenly at 36? His widow, Catherine de Valois wouldn't have married Owen Tudor.

How would Henry V have reigned as both the sovereign of England and the sovereign of France?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: