Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Name That Royal Fetus  (Read 164326 times)
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1275 on: April 23, 2018, 03:46:42 PM »

Going from the off-hand comment W made in the last few weeks, is it too much to hope for a Prince John, and so eradicate the bad luck horse poop about the name? :D

Jonathan

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« Reply #1276 on: April 23, 2018, 05:21:29 PM »

Dywane
   Herald
   Satan 

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1277 on: April 23, 2018, 05:58:13 PM »

Dywane
   Herald
   Satan 

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL  Star

Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #1278 on: April 24, 2018, 10:48:48 AM »

Dywane
   Herald
   Satan  

That third name reminds me... I've always thought it's such a shame Lucifer is seen as a name you simply cannot use. It actually has a very beautiful meaning behind it, 'morning star' or 'light-bringer'. Never mind the other associations which ban its use. Oh well!

I expect we'll know the name of the kid tomorrow...?

Royalfan 72

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1279 on: April 24, 2018, 01:41:10 PM »

Does anybody have a clue when the name will be announced?
Olya

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1280 on: April 24, 2018, 02:11:03 PM »

Dywane
   Herald
   Satan  

That third name reminds me... I've always thought it's such a shame Lucifer is seen as a name you simply cannot use. It actually has a very beautiful meaning behind it, 'morning star' or 'light-bringer'. Never mind the other associations which ban its use. Oh well!

Same, Lucifer really has beautiful meaning but the connotation is clear.. The female form "Lucy" is very popular though, fancy that!

Names likely to be announced tomorrow, the Cambs are nothing of not predictable. Each kid appeared exactly the same way, she slways goes in at 6 o'clock, had the kid a few hours later and in the afternoon they make their appearance and by 18 o'clock they leave. I don't quite understand it, esp how they can time it so that each time she goes in at 6 and 12 hours later they leave... Then the names are released usually 48 hours later, so expect them tomorrow.

PS Dywane Herald Satan!! Laughing Laughing
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1281 on: April 24, 2018, 02:16:25 PM »

Does anybody have a clue when the name will be announced?

My guess is tomorrow as George's name was announced early evening on July 24th and Charlotte's mid afternoon on May 4th.   The press claims that there is a rule that baby has to meet the Queen first to get the name approved but with Charlotte she did not visit until the 5th and no one can tell William what to do because mummy.  They might announced late today as I figure they knew the gender (ode to Diana with the outfits for leave they hospital with their sons, pink ribbon on snacks for royal watchers with Charlotte) and have probably had a name picked out (heck you can pick out one of each and wait to see what you get).   Charlotte was born on a Saturday and I do consider it bad taste to issue unnecessary press releases on Sundays (ie. not death or birth announcements; it's just a name it can wait).
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #1282 on: April 24, 2018, 03:00:50 PM »

Dywane
   Herald
   Satan 

Same, Lucifer really has beautiful meaning but the connotation is clear.. The female form "Lucy" is very popular though, fancy that!

Names likely to be announced tomorrow, the Cambs are nothing of not predictable. Each kid appeared exactly the same way, she slways goes in at 6 o'clock, had the kid a few hours later and in the afternoon they make their appearance and by 18 o'clock they leave. I don't quite understand it, esp how they can time it so that each time she goes in at 6 and 12 hours later they leave... Then the names are released usually 48 hours later, so expect them tomorrow.

PS Dywane Herald Satan!! Laughing Laughing

Well if you know when the baby will be terme  i.e. 'ready' (37 weeks counting from last period IIRC, it's been a while), you can easily schedule an appointment on any given day after that and have the baby induced. Basically you get a drip with the synthetic equivalent of oxytocin, which should cause the womb to dilate, start contractions and hence delivery.
This process should not take that many hours, in fact, you might even be able to predict the ETA of Baby 2 and 3 from the first delivery.
Inducing a birth is sometimes done when a child is 'overdue' (here after 41 or 42 weeks) or when there are medical reasons to streamline the process, or to speed up the process.

'Early stages of labor' could be the occasional contraction, or every 6 minutes, I don't know the value of that expression in the English OB/GYN practice (I do in my native Dutch), but it suggests nothing much goin' on yet.
Often, with induced labor, pain relief s also administered (separate drip), which often is reduced once the mother has to do the last push.

All fairly common practice, at least in The Netherlands (though home births are still the norm, with a highly qualified midwife or a GP
Same really with a scheduled C-section, you know pretty much how long after being wheeled into the operating room your child will be born (not counting any complicaitons of course), how much later you will be wheeled back to your hospital room, etc.,  though you won't be out in 12 hours (it was less than 48 hours with Lil'Pomme and 5 days with the Pomster because of complications, and with Lil'P both Mr P and Pomster stayed the night with us in one big hospital room with 3 beds and a cot).

I doubt the kids all took exactly the same amount of time to be delivered, so I expect them to have taken their time in hospital after the birth until it was 'time' to face the press. You need time to check, weigh and wash the babe, he should have a chance to drink some of his mom's superfood, mom needs a shower, maybe some medical attention. And in Chutters' case, a hairdresser and a stylist. They could be faffing about for a few hours, too, simply because it's fun to be with a tiny newborn, until they decide it's time to go home.
Over here, you are allowed to go home after 4 or 5 hours, provided that you are wheeled out of the hospital and have a carseat for the baby. But you can walk home afterwards if you feel like it. You will have post natal care at home (typically 8 hours for 5 days) by a nurse whose task is to monitor the health of baby and mother, consult with the midwife (she will visit 2 or 3 times in that period, too, even if you gave birth in hospital), and teach mom and other parent how to feed, bathe, cuddle, change baby. When mom and babe are asleep, she will also do some housework.

Anyway, labor can take anything between 10 minutes and 3 days, so she's proably just a lucky average woman.

PS: I vote for Peregrine. Or Eustace. Or Bamber.
Because.

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: