Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wedding of AD Christoph and Adelaide Drapé-Friche  (Read 116590 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: December 28, 2012, 06:21:46 PM »

Didn't we want to start a new thread for this wedding? I'll copy the photo posts in here.

CIVIL WEDDING - December 28, 2012

The princely union starts on Friday afternoon at 17:00 in Nancy with the civil marriage of Austrian Archduke von Habsburg-Lothringen Christophe and Adelaide Drape-Frisch.

Before the ceremony at the town hall, the bride of His Imperial and Royal Highness Archduke Christoph of Austria, Miss Adelaide Drape-Frisch, laid a bouquet of roses in the cemetery of the dead Lorraine family in the Ducal Chapel of the Cordeliers.

A private ceremony of prayer for the dead time of the family of Lorraine was held in the Chapelle des Cordeliers even in the presence of his Imperial and Royal Highness Archduchess Marie-Astrid of Austria, His Imperial and Royal Highness Archduke Christian Austria.

Tribute to the Dukes of Lorraine
It is a tradition. When a descendant of the Dukes of Lorraine in Nancy marries, that the bride lays a bouquet in the crypt of the chapel of the Cordeliers, where their bodies lie. On Friday morning, Adelaide Drape-Frisch, understated elegant in all black, respected and supported the use of her fiance and two families, she prayed and laid a bouquet of white roses on a coffin while her future stepfather, Christian, nephew of Otto von Habsburg, made the same gesture. She has followed the path taken by Regina of Saxe-Meiningen, when she married Otto in 1951. "It was a great emotion and joy descend into the crypt where so many of my ancestors rest," says Archduke Christian in perfect French.

The religious ceremony, including a rehearsal took place early Friday afternoon. On Saturday at 11:00 at St-Epvre the religious wedding will take place. The locals as are invited. Doors open at 10am. Mass should last form 1h30 for 2h.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 07:02:01 PM by PeDe » Logged

StephanieDesiree

Big Member

United States United States

I look good, but I am such a bitch.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 06:29:20 PM »

Duplicate of comment from other post.

Is the bride French?

(and I like that she is happy with herself and didn't get a nose job, groom still needs to trim the unibrow)

Pippa catches the scent of a wealthy bachelor.

Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 06:34:48 PM »

StephanieDesiree: yes, Adélaide is French.

Royalfan 72

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 06:35:14 PM »

Thanks PeDe!  Star Good idea.

Can't help myself but Crazy Katy and Adelaide remain me of the Stepford's wifes... Nerves
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 06:35:23 PM »

Duplicate of comment from other post.

Is the bride French?

(and I like that she is happy with herself and didn't get a nose job, groom still needs to trim the unibrow)

She is the daughter of a French diplomat.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 06:36:25 PM »

Can't help myself but Crazy Katy and Adelaide remain me of the Stepford's wifes... Nerves

Thank you RF  Star they seem to get more press than KrazyKate, so it made sense to start a new thread.

StephanieDesiree

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 06:37:08 PM »

I understand the terror behind the first. But why this one?

StephanieDesiree

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 06:39:51 PM »

StephanieDesiree: yes, Adélaide is French.

Thank you! And you to PeDe!

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 06:44:24 PM »

Thanks Peeds.  I didn't see the other thread Blush

Ugh...how did I not notice Christophe's unibrow before?  Get some tweezers, dude.  Unibrows are not attractive on anyone Thumb down  Oh well...it could be worse.  He could look like the Nazi boyfriend from the Sound of Music a la Imre. 

I wonder if Carl Christian will give a snarky speech about commoners and royals at this wedding?  He did so well at Krazy Katie's wedding with that speech Roll Eyes 

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 06:47:57 PM »

Thanks Peeds.  I didn't see the other thread Blush

Ugh...how did I not notice Christophe's unibrow before?  Get some tweezers, dude.  Unibrows are not attractive on anyone Thumb down  Oh well...it could be worse.  He could look like the Nazi boyfriend from the Sound of Music a la Imre.  

I wonder if Carl Christian will give a snarky speech about commoners and royals at this wedding? He did so well at Krazy Katie's wedding with that speech Roll Eyes  

I doubt it. Adélaïde may be a commoner like Katie but she's much closer to being "one of them" than her. She must be much more palatable to them.

People waiting outside the City Hall:

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 06:52:02 PM »

Thanks Peeds.  I didn't see the other thread Blush

Ugh...how did I not notice Christophe's unibrow before?  Get some tweezers, dude.  Unibrows are not attractive on anyone Thumb down  Oh well...it could be worse.  He could look like the Nazi boyfriend from the Sound of Music a la Imre.  

I wonder if Carl Christian will give a snarky speech about commoners and royals at this wedding? He did so well at Krazy Katie's wedding with that speech Roll Eyes  

I doubt it. Adélaïde may be a commoner like Katie but she's much closer to being "one of them" than she is. She must be much more palatable to them.

People waiting outside the City Hall:

That's so true.  Her family is very different from Krazy's family.  I have a feeling that CC and MA were not pleased with Imre's engagement.  I'm sure they were also not too pleased with a wedding in the States.  I don't get that feeling about Christophe's choice of bride.  Adelaide seems to fit in with that family more easily than Katie.  She also chose a place that has personal meaning for her fiance's family.  I'm sure that pleased CC. 

The city hall is beautiful!   
Royalfan 72

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 06:54:36 PM »

I don't know exactly why. It's just a feeling I got from the pictures. Too polished... I know it's wrong to judge just from what you see.  Thinking
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 06:56:26 PM »

Thanks PeDe!  Star Good idea.

I don't know exactly why. It's just a feeling I got from the pictures. Too polished... I know it's wrong to judge just from what you see.  Thinking

That is what every single royal-watcher does.  Without judging appearances, there would be no royal discussion boards.  No need to apologize Hug  Star 

I felt sorry for her last year.  I read somewhere (can't remember where) that she and Christophe had been engaged for quite a while before they made the announcement with Imre and Katie.  Then Imre and Katie got married first.  It made me wonder if they were told they had to wait for the older brother to get married Thinking 

Anyway, I don't know anything about her other than she's the daughter of a French diplomat and that she and Christophe met at some religious program.  If she's anything like Imre and Katie, then    I'm totally neutral on her right now, but if it turns out that she's a religious fundamentalist zealot, or a fame-whore then my opinion will change very quickly. 

I'm sure she'll wear some fugly-ass nun costume tomorrow Thumb down  I'm just glad that she's wearing a tiara simply because Krazy Katie did not (totally childish of me to think this way, but I don't really care Tongue ). 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 07:02:02 PM by pixiecat » Logged
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 07:13:51 PM »

over at TRF somebody mentioned that "the bride will wear a gown of heavy duchesse satin with a long train, and will wear the Habsburg veil as well as a Grand Ducal tiara.".

So if she'll wear the Grand Ducal tiara for her religious wedding, why didn't KrazyKate wear it as well?

sleepyvalentina

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 07:18:16 PM »

So if she'll wear the Grand Ducal tiara for her religious wedding, why didn't KrazyKate wear it as well?

My guess is it wasn't offered to her.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: