Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wedding of AD Christoph and Adelaide Drapé-Friche  (Read 116560 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2012, 07:18:25 PM »

over at TRF somebody mentioned that "the bride will wear a gown of heavy duchesse satin with a long train, and will wear the Habsburg veil as well as a Grand Ducal tiara.".

So if she'll wear the Grand Ducal tiara for her religious wedding, why didn't KrazyKate wear it as well?

MA chose not to lend her one, I guess.  Tiaras not permanently attached to the jewelry vault.  She could have easily brought one with her on the plane to DC.  I highly doubt that Krazy turned down the offer of a tiara.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2012, 07:19:03 PM »

The religious wedding seems to be attended by the following:
- Grand Duke Jean
- Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa
- Prince Guillaume & Princess Stephanie
- Prince Louis & Princess Tessy
- Prince Felix & Claire Lademacher
- Princess Alexandra
- Prince Sebastien

As well as:
- Prince Philipp and Princess Isabelle of Liechtenstein
- Nassau's family
- Habsburg's family
- Family members of the Ligne, Merode, Croy and Arenburg lines

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 07:21:09 PM »

- Grand Duke Jean
- Princess Alexandra
- Prince Sebastien

As well as:
- Nassau's family
- Habsburg's family

I'm sure some of the Belgian royals will attend, especially Count Chocula and Astrid.  I wonder if Fabiola will attend?
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2012, 07:22:35 PM »

over at TRF somebody mentioned that "the bride will wear a gown of heavy duchesse satin with a long train, and will wear the Habsburg veil as well as a Grand Ducal tiara.".

So if she'll wear the Grand Ducal tiara for her religious wedding, why didn't KrazyKate wear it as well?

MA chose not to lend her one, I guess.  Tiaras not permanently attached to the jewelry vault.  She could have easily brought one with her on the plane to DC.  I highly doubt that Krazy turned down the offer of a tiara.

Interesting though, isn't it. ITA with you, that Krazy would have jumped on the possibility to wear one, hence her pearl hair band.

This wedding seems much "bigger" than Kate's, probably because of the location. And Americans mags really don't care too much about royalty unless it's the BRF.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2012, 07:26:01 PM »

Interesting though, isn't it. ITA with you, that Krazy would have jumped on the possibility to wear one, hence her pearl hair band.

This wedding seems much "bigger" than Kate's, probably because of the location. And Americans mags really don't care too much about royalty unless it's the BRF.

So true.  The only coverage Katie got was from royal watchers, pro-life blogs and a tiny mention in the Washington Post (which they got from a royal watcher-they didn't send a reporter to cover it).  This wedding seems far more interesting and "royal", IMO.  The couple themselves aren't interesting, but the location is gorgeous and the guest list is much more impressive than the Washington guest list.
StephanieDesiree

Big Member

United States United States

I look good, but I am such a bitch.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2012, 07:26:17 PM »

- Grand Duke Jean
- Princess Alexandra
- Prince Sebastien

As well as:
- Nassau's family
- Habsburg's family

I'm sure some of the Belgian royals will attend, especially Count Chocula and Astrid.  I wonder if Fabiola will attend?

Will Sophie and George be there...with Sophie's adorable, big-nosed baby bump?      

They are one of my all time favorite couples!!!  

Pippa catches the scent of a wealthy bachelor.

StephanieDesiree

Big Member

I look good, but I am such a bitch.

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2012, 07:30:41 PM »

MA chose not to lend her one, I guess.  Tiaras not permanently attached to the jewelry vault.  She could have easily brought one with her on the plane to DC.  I highly doubt that Krazy turned down the offer of a tiara.

IMHO, just the concepts of...historical Grand Ducal tiara -and- Cincinnati, Ohio...don't even REMOTELY belong together.

Good call, MA.

Pippa catches the scent of a wealthy bachelor.

sleepyvalentina

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 07:36:11 PM »

IMHO, just the concepts of...historical Grand Ducal tiara -and- Cincinnati, Ohio...don't even REMOTELY belong together.

Good call, MA.

I can hear it now:

"Is that like the one they give to the queen of the tractor pull? Because I don't thing Katie was Homecoming Queen."

ETA: I used to live in Wayne County, and I do love the state. There are some very intelligent, classy women from Cincinnati—I'm friends with a few. Something tells me Crazy Katie ran with a different crowd.

Makreel

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 08:06:24 PM »

CPKas

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2012, 08:34:27 PM »

Makreel

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2012, 08:37:25 PM »

Is Tessy pregnant?
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2012, 08:40:18 PM »

MA chose not to lend her one, I guess.  Tiaras not permanently attached to the jewelry vault.  She could have easily brought one with her on the plane to DC.  I highly doubt that Krazy turned down the offer of a tiara.

Good call, MA.

They didn't get married in Cincinnati.  The wedding was in DC. 

Cincinnati isn't that bad.  There is a lovely downtown area with a very nice Saks, and the Underground Railroad Museum is very interesting.  It's nowhere near as beautiful as Nancy though.

Makreel-thanks for the pics!  Tessy looks different-there's something about her face.  I also wonder if she's pregnant Thinking 

I think that Louis was one of the witnesses for the ceremony (or he'll be a witness tomorrow). 
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2012, 08:47:37 PM »

Is Tessy pregnant?

Based on that photo, I'd say Absolutely!  I thought there was a photo or 2 during G&S wedding where she looked like she might be...
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2012, 08:59:06 PM »

More pics from Royalement's facebook page:

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2012, 08:59:24 PM »

I'm a little surprised that MA would want to show such overt favoritism to one DIL over another... Even if she doesn't care what KrazyKatie thinks of her, I would think she wouldn't want to upset Imbred. But who knows. This diss from MA, combined with CC's open snarking about KK's commoner background in the wedding speech, sure makes it seem like they don't KK at all. More power to them (unless it's solely because she's a commoner, not an ignorant religious fanatic).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: