Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Royal couple is the happiest?  (Read 30559 times)
Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2016, 11:02:32 AM »

The happiest looking? that should be honored to the Bhutan royal couple, IMO

ralf103

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2016, 11:10:31 AM »

Happiest Couples:
-Elizabeth & Philip (she fell in love with him at 13 and IMO has never looked back)
-MT & Henri (despite the rumours, just look at them together, no one can act that well)
-Vic & Dan (she would probably have made many people happy if she chucked him but she didn't)
-WA and Max (I think they utterly respect one another enough to treat each other as equals)
-Sonja & Harald
-Edward & Sophie Wessex
-Zara & Mike
-Jigme & Jetsun of Bhutan
-Louis & Tessy of Luxembourg

'In love enough' couples:
-CG & Silvia
-Philippe & Mathilde (I just don't get the idea of them being head over heels, more a case of each other being a good choice for marriage, a bit of a 'if your not married and I'm not married shall we just marry each other' situation)
Maddie & Christopher (think they have a lot of issues in their marriage, not convinced they love each other enough to hold this together in the long term)
-Felipe & Letizia (would accept an argument that they are madly in love but I just don't feel it)
-Haakon & MM (rapidly on the decent into the following category if not already there)
-Albert & Charlene
-Anne & Tim
-Felix & Claire of Luxembourg

Not in love:
-Gui & Stephanie (not buying it, think he was in love with her and she felt obliged to accept)
-William & Kate (think it was lust at first sight for William then they were together to long to break up, he uses her family to have an ordinary family life which he missed in his life but IMO not true love for each other)
-Juan Carlos & Sofia (together for appearances, he never really loved her, she fell out of love when he humiliated her)
-Mary & Fredrik (lust on his part, power grabbing on hers)

debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2016, 11:16:07 AM »

I take this to mean Happiest together without regards of circumstance (I mean, marriages can be happy but the circumstances around them might make them sad).
I think Beatrix & Claus, Fabiola & Baudouin?
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2016, 05:42:28 PM »

I take this to mean Happiest together without regards of circumstance (I mean, marriages can be happy but the circumstances around them might make them sad).

I had two think of those two couples also when seeing the topic title  Smiley
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2016, 05:45:45 PM »

Ralf, I agree with your list on the most part but I might move some around and make some additions:

I don't think Liz and Phil are happy - I think they are "in love enough".  He cheated, a LOT, not that that would have been different from other people of their class/background.  Everybody did it, although I don't think Liz's parents cheated on each other. I think they were both of the mind that staying together was always the best option and if you endure long enough, it proves so.

I think Felipe and Letizia are one of the happiest of the younger generation.
I think Felix and Claire seem pretty happy.
You missed Joachim and Marie - did you not see their happy-happy-family-spread in Hello!  They're happy!!!! (I'm teasing you and making fun of their PR, because although I do think they are very happy, the marketing is a bit over the top).
Marge and Henrik - she's put up with him and his diva antics for this long and they seem very in love still.

I've heard many rumors that Anne and Tim lead separate lives so I would move them into "should divorce".

I would add Camilla and Charles to the happiest pile - after all they've gone through, they seem very happy together.
I think Frederick and Sophie too, seem very happy.  I imagine they'll have at least five kids.

I think I would move CG and Silvia to "not in love".  I think they barely tolerate each other - her smile is permanently frozen on by Botox and his scowl is permanent because he's a womanizing jerk. 

I might add Pierre/Beatrice and Andrea/Tatiana to the "in love enough" category.

I'm still on the fence about Charlene/Albert: I think she might be in love with him, but a little disillusioned by what she thought she was getting.  I don't see him in love with her at all but now she's the mother of his legit heirs so there is a little resurgence of affection.  In 15 years, separate palaces.

Happiest Couples:
-Elizabeth & Philip (she fell in love with him at 13 and IMO has never looked back)
-MT & Henri (despite the rumours, just look at them together, no one can act that well)
-Vic & Dan (she would probably have made many people happy if she chucked him but she didn't)
-WA and Max (I think they utterly respect one another enough to treat each other as equals)
-Sonja & Harald
-Edward & Sophie Wessex
-Zara & Mike
-Jigme & Jetsun of Bhutan
-Louis & Tessy of Luxembourg

'In love enough' couples:
-CG & Silvia
-Philippe & Mathilde (I just don't get the idea of them being head over heels, more a case of each other being a good choice for marriage, a bit of a 'if your not married and I'm not married shall we just marry each other' situation)
Maddie & Christopher (think they have a lot of issues in their marriage, not convinced they love each other enough to hold this together in the long term)
-Felipe & Letizia (would accept an argument that they are madly in love but I just don't feel it)
-Haakon & MM (rapidly on the decent into the following category if not already there)
-Albert & Charlene
-Anne & Tim
-Felix & Claire of Luxembourg

Not in love:
-Gui & Stephanie (not buying it, think he was in love with her and she felt obliged to accept)
-William & Kate (think it was lust at first sight for William then they were together to long to break up, he uses her family to have an ordinary family life which he missed in his life but IMO not true love for each other)
-Juan Carlos & Sofia (together for appearances, he never really loved her, she fell out of love when he humiliated her)
-Mary & Fredrik (lust on his part, power grabbing on hers)
marie louise
Banned
Warned
Micro Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2016, 08:25:14 PM »

Very good post, Fairy, my dear compatriot!
Then again: What is happiness?
I think Letizia and Felipe are in very solid and loving relationship, their respect and tenderness shows all the time.
Max and Wax: He looks smitten, like he still can't believe the head cheerleading and most popular girl at school at winked at him in the cafeteria. Max herself IMO is a lot more smitten with the position than the husband, but since she doesn't let it show too much, it is ok. And I doubt he cares or notices.
Marie and Jocke: I think the two are a lot less in love than they would like us to believe. I think he can be a nasty person with very hurtful snide remarks and she strikes me as the temperamental tantrum queen.
Philippe and Mathilde: terribly lukewarm, but comfortable, reliable and not a storm in sight. Yawn
The older generation? Well Margarete is right after all: a marriage is as varied as the weather. And you can't possible be married for 50 Years and not have a single fight under your belt. (And I am also convinced that there are very few women out there that have never entertained the idea of running a Katy Bates over her much beloved  Spiteful Spiteful)
So I think, QEII and DoE have had their share of tearful nights and fights, but in the end, they are spending their life together.

BTW: I think Mary and Fred are not that unhappy: I think, Fred is incapable of a relationship like for ex Felipe. IMO he is very unstable, depressive, perhaps manic-depr. with a lot of mood swings, with the need for (sex.) outlets. To live with such a person is harder than anyone can imagine. Mary IMO never really loved Fred, she loved the chimera, and the chimera of bling, cameras and international stardom is still there, so who cares that the man long vanished? All in all, I think they are pretty high up on their personal level of happiness.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2016, 08:42:57 AM »

I agree with Fairy, how do we know what happiness means to all these royal couples? Does their smile in public mean happiness?  Does the fact that neither partner is depressed mean happiness? How could we tell? I would  separate them into three groups:

I. Partnership (Two parties form a partnership because they share the reign or something deeper. These couples are either the power couples or soulmates. They're probably the most fulfilled.)
    - Abdullah & Rania (I suspect she rules the roost but I don't know whether that's allowed in their culture)
    - Felipe & Letizia (This is probably the most equal partnership among all royal couples. They share the reign behind the scenes and something deeper)
    - WA & Max (She definitely dominates but their partnership works for them)

II. Companionship (Both parties are content because both get something out of the marriage.)
     Most royal couples belong to this group so I don't name everyone. I'll just list several examples.
    - Queen Elizabeth II and Philips  (He cheated before but Elizabeth forgave him. Now they have a nice companionship at the old age.)
    - Bhutan couples/Phillip & Mathilde  (I don't see them as true partnerships because of their age gaps.  I see both partis are playing traditional roles.)

III. In name only (no explanation is needed)
    - JC & Sofia
    - CG & Silvia
    - Fred & Mary (I think this is an open relationship by now.)
    - Gui & Stephanie  (This couple gives out such a weird vibe that I will only believe they consume their marriage if she gets pregnant.)
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2016, 02:40:54 PM »

I totally agree. Bea was crazy about Claus and Baudouin & Fabiola couldn't have been any closer.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2016, 03:00:07 PM »

I totally agree. Bea was crazy about Claus and Baudouin & Fabiola couldn't have been any closer.

And who can forget the  cute speech of Claus in 1999 in which he thanks his wife (with her warm and almost shy smile in reaction).

On the following site a clip of the moment:
http://nos.nl/video/21571...t-zijn-vrouw-beatrix.html

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2016, 09:49:30 PM »

The QueenBee adored Claus and he once said something like she was the most intelligent, interesting and exciting person he had ever met. So there is that. Were they happy? With each other yes, I simply believe that Claus felt extremely useless in his life ( a bit like La Dame, though of course he was too fine a gentleman to throw a tantrum, it might however attributed to his illness).
Fabiola and Baudouin (I never get the spelling right, sorry) also were deeply in love with each other, but I think that their childlessness cast a very dark spell over their lives. I believe that they were able to rise above this, but it must have darkened their happiness.
I think that basically all of the relationships of the regent Queens with their consorts were somewhat troubled. At their time, men simply ruled the roost and those very handsome and distinguished gentlemen (Claus, Philip and Henry) had every reason to believe that they would be very successful and the catch of the crop. They actually made the most envied marriages and ended up passing the proverbial trousers to their wives, which must have been very difficult for men of that generation.
Claus made some snide remarks about his job of cutting ribbons (a far cry from the influential diplomat he had trained to become), Henry's tantrums are legend, and Philipp looked for adulation in the pursuit of beautiful socialites.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2016, 10:41:14 PM »

Claus suffered from chronic depression. He did mention one time that he knew life would be different being married to the Queen, but it still came as a big challenge for him. I should point out that there is a prevalence of depression prior to the onset of Parkinson's Disease, which Claus had. I think it was his chemistry but no longer being Bea's primary adviser after Juliana's abdication was a kick in the gut as well.

Baudouin announced at a gathering of about 900 children hosted at the palace that he and Fabiola struggled to find meaning in their childlessness, and that they decided it left them room in their hearts to love all the children of Belgium. I always got the impression that this statement came as a surprise to Fabiola, who - we all know - was not able to discuss their situation for many more years. I think Baudouin was better able to reconcile himself to their childlessness than Fabiola was. Edit to add: I don't know quite how to put this delicately but Baudouin found it stressful to constantly be trying to get Fabiola pregnant. Some people with reproductive challenges report that type of feeling.

Wink
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 10:46:45 PM by lellobeetle » Logged

cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2016, 10:55:55 PM »

She could get pregnant but had an incompetent cervix and so delivered too premature to survive, correct?
Such a sad situation. 

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2016, 01:21:31 AM »

She could get pregnant but had an incompetent cervix and so delivered too premature to survive, correct?
Such a sad situation. 

Without knowing all her personal medical information, yes. Although, there was speculation that one pregnancy was ectopic.

Here's the picture of Baudouin talking about their hearts being open to all children...

cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2016, 02:59:05 AM »

Bless them!
I've had friends with this but now a cerclage can help. Really respect them.

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2016, 03:17:09 AM »

Bless them!
I've had friends with this but now a cerclage can help. Really respect them.

I have been of the opinion that more modern obgyn medicine probably could have given Fabiola a fighting chance at having a baby.

Of the current young generation, I think Victoria and Daniel seem pretty head over heels in love.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: