Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Bridal Entrances  (Read 34897 times)
castille

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: January 06, 2013, 12:55:17 AM »

I didn't see any specific topic(s) about this and didn't know where to post the video. It's a little over 8 minutes but it's all the royal bridal entrances before Waity got married

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17-412d-tPA
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 12:58:36 AM »

Mary wins for looking the most obnoxious.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 06:30:46 AM »

My favorite moment is at Victoria's wedding when Ingrid Alexandra sneaks in a little wave to her bestemor.
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 08:26:53 AM »

Thanks, Castille!
It's a very sweet video and I found all brides to be lovely and the attendants too.

My two favourite entrance clips were ... Mary and Fred.  10/10 (The Choir was divine!)
and ....... Victoria and Daniel.  9.8/10 (The children leading were delightful.)
I loved the music and the flowers   and the general brighter lit Cathedrals.
I prefer to see the father-of-the-bride in the bridal entrance procession.
Both couples showed emotion and that added to the elated mood within the congregation.

Second I loved ... Catherine and William's entrance.  9/10
... Mathilde and Philippe.  9/10
... Letizia and Felipe.  8.5/10
... Camilla and Charles.  7.8/10
... Stephanie and Guillaume.  7.7/10
... Maxima and Willem-Alexander.  7.7/10 (Kids were cute; church was dark.)
Somewhere in the middle ... Charlene and Albert.  7.5/10  (I liked the outdoors)

Then least liked on that video clip was the entrance of ... Mette-Marit and Haakon.  6/10
The atmosphere was sombre - music and flowers and the general dark feel.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 09:07:09 AM by Cloaked » Logged
christina01
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Play Time after a long day of Dishing.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 02:01:28 PM »

yep Mary was the most arrogant looking. Mette managed to look rather pleasant, but hands down IMO was Victoria who despite being a true lady, comes across as the least snotty and obnoxious 
Fragrance78

Large Member

Malaysia Malaysia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 02:19:41 PM »

I don't like what Mary selected for her entrance....that's the coronation anthem so to me that really was silly.
I love what Diana selected for hers....the Prince of Denmark. I can never hear enuff of that piece.

Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 02:21:36 PM »

I agree, Zadoc the Priest is a wonderful piece, and the way it was played in Denamrk was perfection...but it seemed very inappropriate for a normal girl to walk down the aisle to that piece of music which is so linked to the coronations in England
castille

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 05:17:16 PM »

my favorite piece of music was Victoria's I thought it was very lively, it was the first time I had heard the Duke of Gloster's March
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 06:20:47 PM »

Great find castile and thank you for sharing it! I'd seen most of these before, but it was fun to see them again nearly a decade or more later. Love the shots from the tops of the cathedrals though I wouldn't want to be the camera operator up there. 
Stefanie

Large Member

Germany Germany

This was it, Fred - no way out now!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 07:46:21 PM »

I saw a documentary the other day called "Die kleinen Königinnen kommen" ("Here come the little queens").
It had some nice bits and pieces about Vic´s wedding, including right before the entrance when Ingrid-Alexandra was nervously shaking her bouquet and Vicky very lightly tapped her on the shoulders, gave her a warm smile and by that managed to completely calm her down (wouldn´t want to know how Moshey would have acted in such a situation  Nerves ) (approx. at 12:45).

And then there´s a funny scene from the rehearsal of the wedding where Vic practices how to walk with the train of the dress (23:10) and how she talks to the children. Very sweet.

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmedi...leinen-Koeniginnen-kommen

\"Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.\" (Václav Havel)
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 11:59:24 PM »

Wish I could speak German. The film was excellent, even to my non German-speaking ears. Besides Victoria at her wedding rehearsal, my other favorite part was when Max and WA peeked through the school windows to see their daughter and Max blew her lots of kisses.

Kept waiting for the Danish kids until I remembered this film was about the future queens.

I loved the way all the little ones just hung onto Victoria. On her wedding day shemust have been their image of the perfect fairy princess, even to those little princesses.

Thanks for the link.
Emily
Banned
Banned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 12:37:44 AM »

Here's Princess Diana's wedding entrance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUIn9_Q5jsc

She looked like a very young vulnerable fawn. It's kind of sad watching it.

Here's Kate Middleton's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u6-CpU-1EY

Kate's dad is better than all the other dads in the weddings. But Kate herself, so much fake tan and eyeliner! It looks even worse now looking back than it did on the day. Also noticeable how much older William looks compared to Charles in the earlier video at roughly the same age.
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 01:30:16 AM »

Wow, I agree Emily, Diana did look nervous and young, but excited too.
Even younger still looked her brother, Charles, who indeed was only seventeen!  Yikes
I love The Trumpet Voluntary.

I haven't seen that for ever so long.  This time I noticed Diana's father and how unsteady on his feet he was.  It was a real feat for him to make it up the aisle!   Nerves
Charles looked happy but I thought the whole Royal Family looked a little uncertain and tense.

I found it odd that Diana had no one to help her with that enormous dress and veil until she had galloped up the steps and was well into the church.

Catherine, in comparison, was steady, sure and took her time outside - more mature and confident - her father did look solid and in connection with his daughter.
William, and the whole Royal family at his wedding, seemed more relaxed too.  
Aliza

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 08:50:03 PM »

Wow, I agree Emily, Diana did look nervous and young, but excited too.
Even younger still looked her brother, Charles, who indeed was only seventeen!  Yikes
I love The Trumpet Voluntary.

I haven't seen that for ever so long.  This time I noticed Diana's father and how unsteady on his feet he was.  It was a real feat for him to make it up the aisle!   Nerves
Charles looked happy but I thought the whole Royal Family looked a little uncertain and tense.

I found it odd that Diana had no one to help her with that enormous dress and veil until she had galloped up the steps and was well into the church.

Catherine, in comparison, was steady, sure and took her time outside - more mature and confident - her father did look solid and in connection with his daughter.
William, and the whole Royal family at his wedding, seemed more relaxed too. 

The two oldest bridesmaids, Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones and the late Earl Mountbatten's grand-daughter, India Hicks, assisted Diana with the train and veil as she came out of the carriage.  I don't think there's much they could do about the skirt and blusher at the bottom of the steps.  On some films of that Royal Wedding, you get a really good look at just how much David and Elizabeth Emmanuel worked on the dress before the bridal procession started, and Diana seems a bit more relaxed in these moments.  For some reason, they were deleted from both the ABC and BBC produced tapes and DVDs of the wedding; I only saw them on a TLC special which highlighted "rare film footage" of that day.

I still don't understand how the Emmanuels forgot about Earl Spencer being in the carriage with Diana when they did the measurements! (That's the reason they gave at the time for the creases; personally I don't see how paper taffeta could have done anything but crumple badly in a carriage of that size!)  But then again, they were very young and love it or hate it, they created a dress everyone remembers.

I know Diana made disparaging remarks about the gown in later years, but at the time she and Charles loved it so much they had not one but two portraits painted of her wearing it.

Her mother paid for it, using golden guineas.  Is there a custom that this brings good luck or something similiar?  I've always wondered about that...

~ Si vis pacem, para bellum ~
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 09:55:14 PM »

I think Earl Spencer was only barely upright and that Diana supported him much more than he supported her on that long walk up the aisle.

It's so odd to go back and see the video with the kind of hindsight we have now.  She was so young and so unworldly and it was such a terrible mistake. I almost wish someone had jumped up out of a pew and objected to the marriage.

And then there is -- sigh -- the dress. I think one of the commentators nailed it when she said it was exactly the kind of dress a little girl would draw for a fairy princess.  And it was made, after all, in an era of fashion excess.

I remember reading in that new book -- ``Dressing the Queen'' -- that fabrics are tested for wrinkle resistance and those that crumple are not chosen. If there had been one of the Queen's dresses to advise Diana, that dress definitely would not have been made of silk taffeta.

Diana really did have that deer-in-the-headlights look, didn't she?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: