Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Bridal Entrances  (Read 34841 times)
lyndell75

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 11:01:46 PM »

QEII never advised Diana on anything, if only she did maybe relationships would have been 10 times better

Aliza

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 05:06:30 AM »

QEII never advised Diana on anything, if only she did maybe relationships would have been 10 times better

Very true!  Even when Diana literally sobbed and asked the Quleen what she should do about Charles and Camilla, HM would reply along the lines of, "I don't know what you should do about Charles.  Charles is hopeless".

I'm hoping the hands-off attitude isn't the same towards Kate, but so far it seems the Queen is not interfering, again.  And Waity and Wills certainly don't seem to feel that keeping her informed is important, at all.  It is interesting how the Palace lets it be known that HM wasn't informed of the engagement for a few hours before the announcement and not at all about the pregnancy until Waity had to go to hospital.

~ Si vis pacem, para bellum ~
scworldtraveler
Banned
Big Member

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 09:20:50 AM »

I have read more current docs on the diana/royals, and they are saying more and more that they did try to talk to them, but i think at that point diana was so exhausted/ embarrassed she didn't know what to say.

on the bridal entrances, does anyone know what MM was holding? it looks like seaweed to me.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 09:28:15 AM »

Thanks, Castille!
It's a very sweet video and I found all brides to be lovely and the attendants too.

My two favourite entrance clips were ... Mary and Fred.  10/10 (The Choir was divine!)
and ....... Victoria and Daniel.  9.8/10 (The children leading were delightful.)
I loved the music and the flowers   and the general brighter lit Cathedrals.
I prefer to see the father-of-the-bride in the bridal entrance procession.
Both couples showed emotion and that added to the elated mood within the congregation.

Second I loved ... Catherine and William's entrance.  9/10
... Mathilde and Philippe.  9/10
... Letizia and Felipe.  8.5/10
... Camilla and Charles.  7.8/10
... Stephanie and Guillaume.  7.7/10
... Maxima and Willem-Alexander.  7.7/10 (Kids were cute; church was dark.)
Somewhere in the middle ... Charlene and Albert.  7.5/10  (I liked the outdoors)

Then least liked on that video clip was the entrance of ... Mette-Marit and Haakon.  6/10
The atmosphere was sombre - music and flowers and the general dark feel.

At the enterance of Máxima and WA there was some good timing with regard to the camera work. At the moment the camara angle was from above the doors of the organ opened
scworldtraveler
Banned
Big Member

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2013, 10:21:20 AM »

oh i agree that organ moment was fantastic! and her dress, what a presence!!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2013, 12:25:29 PM »

There is a fun/nice clip of the wedding including the comments of the director of the camera work (and his staff). Among others how they captured the famous tear of Máxima during Adios Nonino. It gives an impression how it worked behind the scenes & camera's  Wink

The part of Adios Nonino including the directions of the director and his assistent. It is only available in Dutch, I have found no translation yet.

http://nos.nl/video/9232-...et-regieaanwijzingen.html

The director once said the capturing of the organ doors which opened during the bridal couple intrance was timing and luck  Smiley
Tulip of Nonsense

Medium Member

Monaco Monaco

Je chante donc je suis...

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 05:18:07 PM »

I would imagine that the most beautiful, romantic and breathtaking bridal entrance is yet to be seen...  Halo in the considerable leisure allowed to some...  Connie

"I was given a degree by a college of unbeautiful nonsense... And I have kissed a prince in a land where men grind their wheat in the sky..."
Melville Davisson Post
Royal Me!

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2013, 03:04:06 PM »

Mary wins for looking the most obnoxious.

Thumb up

It's one thing to be confident.  But Mary's attitude radiates such self-importance from day one.  Like the Messiah's return.   

TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2013, 05:20:54 PM »

I have read more current docs on the diana/royals, and they are saying more and more that they did try to talk to them, but i think at that point diana was so exhausted/ embarrassed she didn't know what to say.

on the bridal entrances, does anyone know what MM was holding? it looks like seaweed to me.
I've read the same scworldtraveler. Considering that the senior members of the BRF come from a generation that prized privacy this would have been awkward for all involved. IMHO at that point in time Diana was not very receptive to hearing such news. From what I've read she had troubled relationships with her parents, siblings and friends.
just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2013, 05:31:15 PM »

Lovely shot really captures the essence of Kate Middleton's bridal entrance  Blush

http://imgur.com/C0a2WMT

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Princess Gollumina wants her precioussss

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2013, 05:47:40 PM »

I guess I'm a little slow today. Before I realized what the thread was about I had time to wonder for about five seconds why are you guys talking for two pages about doors to the church. I kept wondering if "bridal entrance" was some specially decorated door and a tradition I'm unfamiliar with. Well, hey...  Crazy  Blush  Laugh bounce

The Rally Prince driving (yes, it's really him)...
Mille

Gigantic Member

Denmark Denmark

Meary at the beach

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2013, 05:50:32 PM »

Lovely shot really captures the essence of Kate Middleton's bridal entrance  Blush

http://imgur.com/C0a2WMT

SERENE is what comes to mind...

"She isn´t wearing ANYTHING", said a young child

The empress shuddered, for she knew that they were right, but she thought, "The procession must go on!" She carried herself even more proudly, and the chamberlains walked along behind carrying the train that wasn't there.

H.C. Andersen
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2013, 05:53:44 PM »

This is a great thread...how did I miss it till now? Some impressions-

Haakon/MM...man have they changed!(physically I mean). Haakon looked like fresh faced 17 year old.  Shocked

Fred/Mary....everyone talks about how he was crying with emotion at the altar, but to me he looked like he had been on a bender the previous night and was simply hungover. Blush

Victoria/Daniel...the most adorable and beautifully dressed attendants! Lolipop

I think Guillaume/Stephanie had one of the most beautiful Royal weddings ever, but I always turn the sound off when Stephanie is coming up the aisle. That Processional anthem reminds me of the background music on those silent films of the 1920's..HORROR music!  Yikes

As much as I find Waity annoying I think her Processional music was the best. And like Victoria, her little attendants looked so beautiful. Whistle
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2013, 06:31:00 PM »

Letizia's entrance (she arrives at the Cathedral at 2:10) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd2CCAVAEEU

Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2013, 07:23:45 PM »

the old man really did not consider that she was actually going to move in his design, the round train looked nice when she was posing for official photos and it was arranged, but everytime she moved it looked sooo cumbersome and the dress dragged like a wet carpet and it looked difficult to walk, sort of the same problem Stephanie had  who also had a roundish train.

I alo still think she was having sort of a bad hairday that day, the hairdos she had for the two galas in Denamrk would both have been much nicer. Actually most Crown Princesses has had various degrees of bad hairdays what they got married, except Charlene who never looked better.

What I dont like about the spniahs entrance is all the people running and bussing about behind her when she is walking (4:18) I also thought spanish TV did a really poor job filming it. I also like better when everyone is posed behind the closed door and everything arranged when the door opens, here they have to do all this in "view"
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 07:30:21 PM by Larzen » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: