Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Bridal Entrances  (Read 33906 times)
vulgardisplaysofwealth

Baby Member

Angola Angola

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2014, 11:00:23 PM »

I found Kate's entranace kind of muddied. First you see her sister strutting to ward the limo. Then Kate's entrance was kind of outside her car? You saw the full dress and reveal it was McQueen who designed it. Then you saw Pippas backside as they went up the abbey stairs, by the time the music played in the church, all the drama and excitement was kind of over and then you were just waiting for someone to make a mistake!
I liked the idea of Kate's dress - the revival of a british fashion house that was in trouble, the grace Kelly lace and sleeves. It looked like the idea of a princess dress. But it wasn't my favorite.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2014, 05:11:34 PM »

I thought Mary's dress was marginal at best. It simply did not look regal.  It was pretty, but made of very plain materials. Also, Zadok was ludicrous for her. I'm certain if Daisy picked it, it was meant for Fred, but still....it was silly, imho.

On to my fav duo as you guys know...

Wedding Procession of King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola

My favorite is at 1:18 King Baudouin uses his sword to nudge the child attendant in front of him to move a bit faster. It's easy to miss, but it's quite funny.  Icecream

Here's a very short CLIP showing some snippets in color.

How sweet, I also like the look on Baudouin's face while doing it Smiley
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2014, 05:15:50 PM »

Recently I have seen the entrance of Max and WA in the church again (2002).
Besides the famous tear of Máxima, the camara crew also managed to get another beautiful shot.
According to the director they hoped for it, but it was a lot of planning.

While Max and WA enter the church the doors of the big organ open above their heads (ca. 1:23 - 1:40)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwiekn83PbY
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2014, 01:44:24 AM »

King Bedouin and Queen Fabiola had beautiful processional music; haunting even! Does anyone know what its called?
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Emerald for May

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2014, 09:07:32 AM »

temi : apparently, the entrance music for Baudoin and Fabiola was Jubilate Deo by WA Mozart.

There is a source here (in French and quite hard to spot! on page 23) http://www.google.fr/url?...amp;bvm=bv.65397613,d.d2k

temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2014, 02:01:30 PM »

temi : apparently, the entrance music for Baudoin and Fabiola was Jubilate Deo by WA Mozart.

There is a source here (in French and quite hard to spot! on page 23) http://www.google.fr/url?...amp;bvm=bv.65397613,d.d2k

Thank you Elissa! I am listening to it now  Smiley

Star
nationalanthem

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2014, 02:50:11 AM »

I've always been curious about this.. is it a European tradition for the bridesmaids etc to be children? In the U.S those spots are typically reserved for adults, usually friends of the couple, and then the flower girl etc are of course children. I wonder why that didn't carry over.
ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2014, 05:36:19 PM »

I've always been curious about this.. is it a European tradition for the bridesmaids etc to be children? In the U.S those spots are typically reserved for adults, usually friends of the couple, and then the flower girl etc are of course children. I wonder why that didn't carry over.
Yes it is, or it is so in Italy.  Children as bridesmaids and friends/sibilings (usually one for the bride and one for the groom) as best men .
I think it has to do with the fact that here the wedding is less about bridesmaids and co. and more about the bride who wants to be the one and only to shine in her big day!
Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2014, 05:42:07 PM »

IMRIC, children were used as symbols of fertility when marriage was more about procreating and less about formalizing an existing relationship.  That connection has held in some countries more than others.
nationalanthem

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2014, 02:25:03 PM »

ahhh, i see. thanks so much for explaining that!
Martina91

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Princess Gabriella rules the world!

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2014, 09:59:51 PM »

Mary was the worst royal bride in terms of wedding dress Thumb down Yikes

Princess Gabriella doesn't have time for Monaco's outdated succession law!
nationalanthem

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2014, 10:08:39 PM »

it looked quite a bit like a napkin that would be on a table at a fancy restaurant..folded and perched on top of a plate.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2014, 10:23:24 PM »

I once read that Princess Margaret or rather her groom somewhat invented the idea  Wink. The report stated that since she was so tiny, he suggested that the bridesmaids were children, so that she would still stand out and wouldn't be hidden behind a wall of normal size adult women.  Angel Cute idea.
Before that bridesmaids were young (sometimes very young as in teenage) unmarried girls. But not necessarily children.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Mimolette

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2015, 05:21:17 PM »

I found Kate's entranace kind of muddied. First you see her sister strutting to ward the limo. Then Kate's entrance was kind of outside her car? You saw the full dress and reveal it was McQueen who designed it. Then you saw Pippas backside as they went up the abbey stairs, by the time the music played in the church, all the drama and excitement was kind of over and then you were just waiting for someone to make a mistake!
I liked the idea of Kate's dress - the revival of a british fashion house that was in trouble, the grace Kelly lace and sleeves. It looked like the idea of a princess dress. But it wasn't my favorite.

His entrance was a bit meh. I really wanted to love the dress but it was so predictable and boring. It looked like it came from Debenhams. (this is a middle of the road department store in the UK)
LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2015, 08:41:29 PM »

Loved watching the entrances video.  Mary practically pranced down that aisle.  She was killing me with the timed rotating of the head from one side of the aisle to the other with her little acknowledgement/look at me now suckers smirk on her face.  Poor Fred looked like he wanted to run.  I also didn't care for that pleat/fold at the front of her dress.  It was way too stiff, no give or flow while she was walking, just kept getting kicked out there.

I didn't watch Kate's entrance again.  Between the blah dress, the overly done make-up, spray and the cone bra that looked like it was her something borrowed from Madonna, watching it once was enough.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: