Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Bridal Entrances  (Read 34152 times)
emtishell

Small Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2016, 01:22:31 PM »

I think Earl Spencer was only barely upright and that Diana supported him much more than he supported her on that long walk up the aisle.

It's so odd to go back and see the video with the kind of hindsight we have now.  She was so young and so unworldly and it was such a terrible mistake. I almost wish someone had jumped up out of a pew and objected to the marriage.

And then there is -- sigh -- the dress. I think one of the commentators nailed it when she said it was exactly the kind of dress a little girl would draw for a fairy princess.  And it was made, after all, in an era of fashion excess.

I remember reading in that new book -- ``Dressing the Queen'' -- that fabrics are tested for wrinkle resistance and those that crumple are not chosen. If there had been one of the Queen's dresses to advise Diana, that dress definitely would not have been made of silk taffeta.

Diana really did have that deer-in-the-headlights look, didn't she?

I don't know, she looks like a giddy school girl to me! Oh what memories! I raced home from school that day to watch, and it really was all my schoolgirl fantastically come true! I remember readin Seventeen magazine not long after, and they had a list of other princes who were still available - I distinctly remember Frederick being one of them, and thinking "ew, I couldn't marry someone called Frederick!!" Lol! He was about 13 at the time!!

I had never noticed the person helping Earl Spencer before, he really was very unwell, but determined to walk his baby girl to her groom
emtishell

Small Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2016, 01:25:24 PM »

I've always been curious about this.. is it a European tradition for the bridesmaids etc to be children? In the U.S those spots are typically reserved for adults, usually friends of the couple, and then the flower girl etc are of course children. I wonder why that didn't carry over.
I once read that Princess Margaret or rather her groom somewhat invented the idea  Wink. The report stated that since she was so tiny, he suggested that the bridesmaids were children, so that she would still stand out and wouldn't be hidden behind a wall of normal size adult women.  Angel Cute idea.
Before that bridesmaids were young (sometimes very young as in teenage) unmarried girls. But not necessarily children.

This could be true, as Elizabeth had adult attendants
rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2016, 01:38:01 PM »

I've always been curious about this.. is it a European tradition for the bridesmaids etc to be children? In the U.S those spots are typically reserved for adults, usually friends of the couple, and then the flower girl etc are of course children. I wonder why that didn't carry over.
I once read that Princess Margaret or rather her groom somewhat invented the idea  Wink. The report stated that since she was so tiny, he suggested that the bridesmaids were children, so that she would still stand out and wouldn't be hidden behind a wall of normal size adult women.  Angel Cute idea.
Before that bridesmaids were young (sometimes very young as in teenage) unmarried girls. But not necessarily children.

This could be true, as Elizabeth had adult attendants

Yes, but Elizabeth as a child was bridesmaid to Marina of Greece when she married the Duke of Kent and also to her uncle Henry the Duke of Gloucester when he married. Apparently she was a bridesmaid dozens of times befor the war but these two stand out.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2016, 05:06:01 PM »

Princess Elizabeth was also the heir presumptive...!!!

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Pearl for June

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2016, 10:55:54 AM »

The 1967 wedding of then-Princess Margrethe of Denmark with Henri de Monpezat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKHANM8XIYs

Entrance from 2:05.

Ellie

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2016, 11:07:25 AM »

Margarethe was so beautiful!

I re-watched some of these. Mary's was the most obnoxious with the smug nose in the air look from day 1. No joy.
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Pearl for June

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2016, 11:25:57 AM »

Joachim of Denmark and Marie Cavallier in 2008. Entrance at 2:05 (apologies for the low quality video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EaMo-6TIDY

Another Prince of Denmark crying while watching his bride, but I daresay it's really from joy this time. And hugging his sons is  Hug
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Pearl for June

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2016, 01:58:41 PM »

HGD Guillaume of Luxembourg and Countess Stephanie de Lannoy in 2012.

https://youtu.be/rCGIcQhDvH8?t=51m22s

The bride's eldest brother Jehan lead her to the aisle before taking her to their 90-year-old father who then gave her away to her groom. A sweet gesture IMHO.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2016, 02:00:51 PM »

HGD Guillaume of Luxembourg and Countess Stephanie de Lannoy in 2012.

https://youtu.be/rCGIcQhDvH8?t=51m22s

The bride's eldest brother Jehan lead her to the aisle before taking her to their 90-year-old father who then gave her away to her groom. A sweet gesture IMHO.

A sweet and nice way to solve a "practical" problem. As her father probably wouldn't have managed to guide his youngest all the way to the aisle.
CyrilSebastian

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2017, 11:43:47 PM »

I like the entrance of Sofia at her June 2015 wedding to Prince Carl Philip of Sweden.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJr1067z590
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: