Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daisy and Henrik - Love match  (Read 23906 times)
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2013, 07:56:11 AM »

Henrik wasn't bad looking at all when he was younger :D

At the Oriental Ball 1969

interesting costumes all around:
http://rosamondpress.word...ed-ball-on-rose-mountain/
http://scalaregia.blogspo...all-in-1969-has-been.html
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2013, 10:08:16 AM »

IMO there are 3 types of parents:

1) Couples who become parents when they have children. (No time together without the children, all what matters are the kids-quite usual among young parents)
2) There are couples who become parents and still stay a couple. (the ideal type)
3) And there are couples who have children together but still stay a couple. (the children disturb the togetherness of the couple. Both have fun without the kids and donīt miss them. Itīs more important to them to be together as a couple.- quite usual among some rich people who can afford someone who take care of the kids.)

Daisy and Henrik are the third type.  Sad
zinzen

Gigantic Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2013, 11:46:28 AM »

IMO there are 3 types of parents:

1) Couples who become parents when they have children. (No time together without the children, all what matters are the kids-quite usual among young parents)
2) There are couples who become parents and still stay a couple. (the ideal type)
3) And there are couples who have children together but still stay a couple. (the children disturb the togetherness of the couple. Both have fun without the kids and donīt miss them. Itīs more important to them to be together as a couple.- quite usual among some rich people who can afford someone who take care of the kids.)

Daisy and Henrik are the third type.  Sad

ITA with your classification Lovis - they are definitely "the 3rd kind" Good post  Star

In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, it prolongs the torments of man. F.Nietzche
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2013, 04:16:14 PM »

Of course it didn't but I sometimes can't help but thinking if they really were purely evil or if there's not two sides to the story. All these things mainly come from Whiny Fred, after all.

I'm sure there were things that should have been different and yes, they should have spent more time witht he kids but for all their faults I doubt they're evil demon parents and they probably did their best at the time.

You only hear Fred complaining non stop about his childhood.               Joachim never complains, very articulate and is an excellent father, very into Denmark's culture & traditions, and is certainly not work shy.............has a good relationship with his parents...............
Personally I think its Fred who is the problem.......in his view its all someone elses fault
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2013, 05:05:48 PM »

Of course it didn't but I sometimes can't help but thinking if they really were purely evil or if there's not two sides to the story. All these things mainly come from Whiny Fred, after all.

I'm sure there were things that should have been different and yes, they should have spent more time witht he kids but for all their faults I doubt they're evil demon parents and they probably did their best at the time.

You only hear Fred complaining non stop about his childhood.               Joachim never complains, very articulate and is an excellent father, very into Denmark's culture & traditions, and is certainly not work shy.............has a good relationship with his parents...............
Personally I think its Fred who is the problem.......in his view its all someone elses fault

I donīt agree:
Once I saw a Video: Fred, 4 or 5 years old and his father and some other people. They were riding, if I remember right Fred felt down or something or he was afraid of the horse. He was crying, not in the spoilt brat way, no, he really was afraid and desperate. Nobody was there to comfort him. And Henrik was so cold, he told him to be a man or something and forced him to sit on the pony again.
It was horrible to even look. I donīt like Henrik, sorry. And it is stupid, but since I saw this I like Fred.
(Sorry, I canīt find the video at the moment)

Its no secret that Daisy and Henrik didnīt spent much time with their children when they were little. Somewhere I read Daisy said that she didnīt like small kids. Roll Eyes
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2013, 05:13:09 PM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2013, 05:19:22 PM »

I donīt agree:
Once I saw a Video: Fred, 4 or 5 years old and his father and some other people. They were riding, if I remember right Fred felt down or something or he was afraid of the horse. He was crying, not in the spoilt brat way, no, he really was afraid and desperate. Nobody was there to comfort him. And Henrik was so cold, he told him to be a man or something and forced him to sit on the pony again.
It was horrible to even look. I donīt like Henrik, sorry. And it is stupid, but since I saw this I like Fred.
(Sorry, I canīt find the video at the moment)

Its no secret that Daisy and Henrik didnīt spent much time with their children when they were little. Somewhere I read Daisy said that she didnīt like small kids. Roll Eyes

A familiar video, I have also seen it.

With regard to spending time with their children, would the fact that Margrethe became Queen in 1972 be of influence? Frederik and Joachim were born respectively in 1968 and 1969. So they were little when their mother became queen.

In comparison Willem-Alexander, Friso and Constantijn were older (ca. 13, 12 and 11 years) when their mother, Beatrix, became queen (in 1980). If I am correct it was suggested Claus spend more time with the children than Beatrix after she became queen.
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2013, 05:35:59 PM »

In comparison Willem-Alexander, Friso and Constantijn were older (ca. 13, 12 and 11 years) when their mother, Beatrix, became queen (in 1980). If I am correct it was suggested Claus spend more time with the children than Beatrix after she became queen.

Claus was a wonderful father and a decent husband. Henrik ran away to France when Frederik outrank him when he turned 18. Roll Eyes Besides, I think it is weird that the DRF, when they were all together, spoke french with each other- not danish and french, no, only french. That is very telling IMO and shows who was/ is the "boss" in the family.
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2013, 05:37:36 PM »

A familiar video, I have also seen it.

With regard to spending time with their children, would the fact that Margrethe became Queen in 1972 be of influence? Frederik and Joachim were born respectively in 1968 and 1969. So they were little when their mother became queen.

I think two factors were at play here:
1. Margrethe(Henrik) is a product of her time- where kids were to be seen and not heard. With Royals , I think they took it to an even greater extreme with rigid rules etc. Their parenting style was influenced by that as well as by their positions as the regent.

2. Margrethe doesn't strike me as the motherly type or one who likes children. You can see this from her interactions with her grand-kids.She got her two sons and fulfilled her duty to provide heirs to the throne and then moved on to live her life of royal duty, self indulgence + her love affair with Henri.

IMO, these two factors contributed to her being a distant mother.

Mandela's kids also say their father was the same a distant father- more interested in politics than the family.QE2 is the same.Other royals like Beatrix appear to be better parents because they genuinely enjoy being around kids despite having duties as monarchs.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2013, 05:52:28 PM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2013, 05:57:19 PM »

Claus was a wonderful father and a decent husband. Henrik ran away to France when Frederik outrank him when he turned 18. Roll Eyes Besides, I think it is weird that the DRF, when they were all together, spoke french with each other- not danish and french, no, only french. That is very telling IMO and shows who was/ is the "boss" in the family.

When I was younger I didn't think much of Claus, he was predominantly the husband and father of.... But later on, when I saw more of him, I had to respect him for his behaviour (and love for Beatrix and his family). When the end of his life was near he became one of the most popular members of the Dutch Royal Family.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2013, 06:34:22 PM »

When I was younger I didn't think much of Claus, he was predominantly the husband and father of.... But later on, when I saw more of him, I had to respect him for his behaviour (and love for Beatrix and his family). When the end of his life was near he became one of the most popular members of the Dutch Royal Family.
I've read the same. IMHO Beatrix and Claus were very good parents. I appreciate how they raised Friso and Tijn to live a life outside the royal house. I'm hoping that other royal parents will do the same for their "spares."
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2013, 07:09:50 PM »

Thank you for the gorgeous pictures! Star They were both so goodlooking as young people. While they certainly have their flaws I always think it's nice that they still seem to see these beautiful faces when they look at each other.

esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2013, 07:32:12 PM »

Looking at those pics you never would've guessed Marge would end up this scary...  Yikes

At least Henrik still looks like a living person instead of undead..  Crazy
Henrik with an open fly somehow does make him seem a normal man. Laughing
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2013, 02:05:14 PM »

In addition both boys spent a lot of time with Queen Ingrid.so they had lots of affection
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: