Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haakon & MM attending World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland  (Read 6732 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: January 24, 2013, 02:01:38 AM »

Everybody is there with there husbands, the future monarchs

- Haakon & MM
- Philippe & Mathilde
- King Abdulla & Rania

except Denmark.....they send a Bogan  

Kuei Fei
Banned
Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 03:06:35 AM »

What will Mette be discussing, the intricacies of figuring out the prices of products on sale at designer boutiques?

Such a pity that bedroom gymnastics isn't an Olympic event; Kate would have been a gold medalist of several years standing.
PrincessMLA
Banned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 03:42:57 AM »

I believe MM is just there as a companion to her husband. Both Haakon and Mathilde are member of the young global leaders group (she has been since 2007 not sure on Haakon). Rainia is a regular attendee since 2011.

Surprised something Max is not involved in. She is very involved in economics, development and gender with the UN and other groups.  Thinking

MM supposedly has taken some courses in London on Asian and African development, and now goes to lectures in OSLO. Worked at NORAD for 3 months

Bigger question, why is the Bogan there? MM is at least accompanying her husband, a member. Freckes is not there. None of her patronages have anything to do with finance or business, except fashion, that I can see.
Swashbuckler

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 01:28:55 PM »

Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 05:21:55 PM »

WTF is she wearing Yikes
lyndell75

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 05:27:55 PM »

Terrible outfit 

Swashbuckler

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 10:05:09 PM »

today

Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Dark sense of humour is a punishable offence

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 10:32:30 PM »

WTF is she wearing Yikes

Yeah, exactly!  Shocked I used to know someone, a girlfriend of a friend, who dressed like that... Every now and then she'd end up "resting" for a couple of months when things started to go a little too fast for her...  Roll Eyes  Crazy Actually, the clothing was one of the keys telling everyone someone was not taking her meds.

But hey, MM has such an interesting and quirky style!  Tongue  

Hasn't made Douglas Adams-esque jokes about the Large Hadron Collider since warned in September 2015    
Cara

Humongous Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 10:54:00 PM »

I believe MM is just there as a companion to her husband. Both Haakon and Mathilde are member of the young global leaders group (she has been since 2007 not sure on Haakon). Rainia is a regular attendee since 2011.

Surprised something Max is not involved in. She is very involved in economics, development and gender with the UN and other groups.  Thinking

MM supposedly has taken some courses in London on Asian and African development, and now goes to lectures in OSLO. Worked at NORAD for 3 months

Bigger question, why is the Bogan there? MM is at least accompanying her husband, a member. Freckes is not there. None of her patronages have anything to do with finance or business, except fashion, that I can see.

we haven't heard much about maxima's involvement with microcredits (same with other royals). i wonder if this is because microcredits have fallen a bit out of favor.

MM is a young global leader as well. she seems to be quite a good networker.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 11:11:51 PM »

^^^^^Indeed. MM and Mary are both Young Global Leaders ( Whistle)
And Haakon isn't one any more. They can only be Young Global Leaders for a period of five years, Haakon has already done his.

dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 12:48:18 AM »

Yikes Yikes

PrincessMLA
Banned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 06:02:22 AM »

Surprised something Max is not involved in. She is very involved in economics, development and gender with the UN and other groups.  Thinking

I am surprised,one of the few things I knew about her and her work was in micro credits and economic development.

Last year she was in Indonesia and Malaysia ahead of the G20 to discus it.

http://www.rnw.nl/english...rincess-president-and-g20

In 2009 she was a special advisor to the UN in finances

http://www.dutchnews.nl/n...ecial_advisor_to_un_h.php

More recent in 2011 she served as a honoray patron for the G20 global partnership for financial inclusion

http://www.rnw.nl/english...2%80%99t-fit-all%E2%80%9D

we haven't heard much about maxima's involvement with microcredits (same with other royals). i wonder if this is because microcredits have fallen a bit out of favor.

MM is a young global leader as well. she seems to be quite a good networker.
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 11:34:24 AM »

I'm at a lost regarding M-M's skin. In some pictures she has the shiny frozen look caused by too much Botox but in the first few she seems to be about to join Mosh in a one way ticket to old dried up hag town. Given how she looks in some shots I am actually surprised that she can still have so much movement in the forehead region.
ann

Mini Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 11:46:16 AM »

Mette-Marits outfit may look a little strange - but I still think, they are the best looking royal couple in Scandinavia these days. They look like a couple, I would like to have dinner with while enjoying the company and conversation. Mary and Frederik? Not so much  No
Kuei Fei
Banned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 04:25:15 PM »

^^^^^Indeed. MM and Mary are both Young Global Leaders ( Whistle)
And Haakon isn't one any more. They can only be Young Global Leaders for a period of five years, Haakon has already done his.

Aren't they a little old for "Young Global Leaders."

Such a pity that bedroom gymnastics isn't an Olympic event; Kate would have been a gold medalist of several years standing.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: