Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Schacks  (Read 158135 times)
chocolate_angel

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: January 29, 2018, 06:57:45 PM »

oh f*ck...just tried the link, doesn't work  Crap   any other links? I copied the title into youtube but there is only the trailer for the documentary.... Huh?
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: January 29, 2018, 07:09:32 PM »

tusind tak Phina!  Hug

You're welcome, dear!  Hug
NoWay
Banned
Banned
Baby Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

What do you mean, American divorcée ?

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: January 31, 2018, 03:53:16 AM »

JK comes across as an arrogant and entitled prick. Both wives, IMO, realize this.
Freddy comes across as down to earth and human. (not a fan of the wife though)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: January 31, 2018, 05:37:58 AM »

JK comes across as an arrogant and entitled prick. Both wives, IMO, realize this.

don't understand what that bolded means.

Countess of Cows

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: January 31, 2018, 02:51:25 PM »

I agree.  I've never much liked Jokke, he seems totally arrogant.  Alexandra got tired of it, and left.  Marie has a less forceful personality and probably just deals with his arrogance in her own ways, but I'm sure she gets tired of it too, who wouldn't!   Jokke reminds me of Henri, aloof, entitled and not just a little off putting.

Fred is a lost soul married to a she devil, I hope he keeps in touch with his brother.  At one time he seemed quiet close to his boys (maybe it was just PR photos), it's sad to think she's destroyed the relationships he has with this family.  He used to be close to his cousins Victoria and   Haakon, they'd do trips and stuff all the time.  They were always having a happy time.....now nothing.

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: January 31, 2018, 02:59:24 PM »

There was a moment in the Joachim documentary that warmed me to him.  He entered the church for Felix' confirmation and went over to greet F&M's family.  Joachim opened his arms wide in acknowledgment of them all and blew them a kiss.  I thought that was nice.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: January 31, 2018, 03:42:19 PM »

I agree.  I've never much liked Jokke, he seems totally arrogant.  Alexandra got tired of it, and left.  Marie has a less forceful personality and probably just deals with his arrogance in her own ways, but I'm sure she gets tired of it too, who wouldn't!   Jokke reminds me of Henri, aloof, entitled and not just a little off putting.

Fred is a lost soul married to a she devil, I hope he keeps in touch with his brother.  At one time he seemed quiet close to his boys (maybe it was just PR photos), it's sad to think she's destroyed the relationships he has with this family.  He used to be close to his cousins Victoria and   Haakon, they'd do trips and stuff all the time.  They were always having a happy time.....now nothing.

I don't see him as arrogant at all. To me is is conservative, in his role representing Denmark, and in his private life.

Alex and Joachim weren't a good match from the get go. And as we see with her second husband not a good selector of life partners.

In his second marriage, Marie wears the pants - just a gut feeling. She is the perfect fit for him. Outwardly, Joachim is the husband, the care taker, the protector, very masculin. Marie is his exact counter part...very feminine very soft, but also strong and settled in herself. She is giving Joachim a run for his money...and Athena takes after Marie. She is ruling the roost.

Purple

Large Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: January 31, 2018, 03:49:18 PM »

Definitely agree with you PeDe  Star

I was just going to watch the documentary but they've taken it off Youtube.  Bummer!
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: January 31, 2018, 03:57:39 PM »

I don't see him as arrogant at all. To me is is conservative, in his role representing Denmark, and in his private life.

Alex and Joachim weren't a good match from the get go. And as we see with her second husband not a good selector of life partners.

In his second marriage, Marie wears the pants - just a gut feeling. She is the perfect fit for him. Outwardly, Joachim is the husband, the care taker, the protector, very masculin. Marie is his exact counter part...very feminine very soft, but also strong and settled in herself. She is giving Joachim a run for his money...and Athena takes after Marie. She is ruling the roost.

well said
NoWay
Banned
Banned
Baby Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

What do you mean, American divorcée ?

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: January 31, 2018, 07:40:20 PM »

It means, that IMO, both of his wives are aware of this - Alexandra left and Marie tends to look the other way.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: February 01, 2018, 12:17:20 AM »

It means, that IMO, both of his wives are aware of this - Alexandra left and Marie tends to look the other way.

nope, not at all - in both cases. Your assumption is not correct!

jigmesjigga

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: February 01, 2018, 06:12:02 PM »

When he was married to Alex, wasn't he trying to manage a farm/estate? I know he went to school for land management (I think) but I don't think he was particularly suited for it. And obviously he and Alex get along well enough now. Sometimes you love somebody but can't be married to them. It doesn't mean both of you or even one of you are jerks. Alex picked two guys who weren't right for her but did get two beautiful sons out of the deal.

I loved the documentary. If you can find it, watch it. At the very, very least, he's a good dad and he knows his kids. W
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: February 01, 2018, 10:08:55 PM »

When he was married to Alex, wasn't he trying to manage a farm/estate? I know he went to school for land management (I think) but I don't think he was particularly suited for it.

It was very mismatched ... I think Alex was in love with the idea to become a princess. She did a great job back then. But she is not a country girl so I can't imagine that she was very happy on the farm.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: