Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexandra & Martin - NEWS  (Read 105665 times)
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2013, 11:26:05 AM »

I think the theme for the party must have been "dress as members of the Los Angeles chapter of the Failed Media Entrepreneurs who Migrated from the Balkans Circa 1973 Society"

Laughing

LOL, Hester you rock   Thumb up
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2013, 11:43:25 AM »

Thanks Leatherface .... some inspiration hey! I'm surprised at Alex!
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2013, 12:47:43 PM »

I always had the impression that Alex just hooked up with Jokke because he was a prince. When Mary came on the scene she realized that her days as "star princess" were counted and she left, because she could not bear not being center of attention.

Alex and Joachim's marriage was over long before F&M came along. The rumours were circling before Felix was born. The DRF signed the papers for Alex's house the day before (or on the day) of F&M's wedding.

Mary should count her blessings Alex is no longer around because she would have highlighted every one of her inadequacies.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2013, 02:01:04 PM »

I think Martin signed up for a comfortable life of privileges provided by alex's status. The only condition is to keep his pants zipped. If he is smart, he will do so. If he isn't, just like Ducruet, he'll lose everything.  Thinking
zinzen

Gigantic Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2013, 02:10:14 PM »

This is why it's not a good idea to marry someone so much younger, especially for a woman to marry a much younger man. I feel sorry for Alex. I think she fell for Martin because he's the only one who offered a shoulder for her to cry on when her 1st marriage was disolving. She should have treated it as a rebound relationship rather than married him. She's the reason why I got interested in royals. It's sad to see her try to hold onto a younger man these past few years.

I thought Nikolai and Felix lived with Alex, not Joachim. Don't they? I doubt Joachim sees them daily. They live in KPH and he lives in the South.

I think that they had an "affair" while Alex was still married to Jokke.  I might be wrong  Thinking Thinking

In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, it prolongs the torments of man. F.Nietzche
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2013, 05:38:55 PM »

I always had the impression that Alex just hooked up with Jokke because he was a prince. When Mary came on the scene she realized that her days as "star princess" were counted and she left, because she could not bear not being center of attention.

Alex and Joachim's marriage was over long before F&M came along. The rumours were circling before Felix was born. The DRF signed the papers for Alex's house the day before (or on the day) of F&M's wedding.

Mary should count her blessings Alex is no longer around because she would have highlighted every one of her inadequacies.

It was. Back in those days my mom's collague was at some event thing/party (sorry, I dont remember) where J&A were present. I didn't really care back then as I was to young for royalwatching but I remember my mo telling that her collague had said: "it's a shame things are not good between Joachim and Alex". My guess is that this was before Felix was even born or something like that but, like I said, I don't remember when it was. However, I always had the impression that they got Felix to try and save their marriage.

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2013, 07:29:32 PM »

It was. Back in those days my mom's collague was at some event thing/party (sorry, I dont remember) where J&A were present. I didn't really care back then as I was to young for royalwatching but I remember my mo telling that her collague had said: "it's a shame things are not good between Joachim and Alex". My guess is that this was before Felix was even born or something like that but, like I said, I don't remember when it was. However, I always had the impression that they got Felix to try and save their marriage.

I was really shocked when I heard about the divorce but after speaking to others they said that there had been rnours about them for a long time. One of them even said Felix was supposed to "fix" their marriage and a last ditch attempt to stay together.

I thought that was very sad.  No

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
norwegianne

Mini Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2013, 07:53:23 PM »

I was really shocked when I heard about the divorce but after speaking to others they said that there had been rnours about them for a long time. One of them even said Felix was supposed to "fix" their marriage and a last ditch attempt to stay together.

I thought that was very sad.  No
I think you could also see it partially in the pictures, if you compare the family pictures from Nikolai's first years, and the ones from Felix' first years... in the latter they do not have the same joy on their faces when together  as they did in the first ones.

What I've wondered is if that also had something to do with Alex being so independent in Denmark by that point, that Joachim might have felt superfluous, and they'd grown apart. I don't think it is a coincidence that he went for Marie who also needed Danish training and being looked after, and so on for the second wife.  Thinking But that's just me.

Paddy1311

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2013, 09:31:27 PM »

IMO, I think Alex could've trumped Mary again and again - being more worldly and sophisticated and having lots more style IMO - but she probably couldn't be bothered and self respect (not competition with Mosh) was the reason she got out. Perhaps also she didn't want to stand by and let one of Daisy's "productions" mess up the life of yet another young woman who didn't realise what she was in for.

Either way - she hasn't dealt well with her life now for my two cents worth.

I have never believed that Alex is cultured or sophisticated or that intelligent. If she was, she would have never married Martin.
dbc
Banned
Banned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2013, 09:49:20 PM »

IMO, I think Alex could've trumped Mary again and again - being more worldly and sophisticated and having lots more style IMO - but she probably couldn't be bothered and self respect (not competition with Mosh) was the reason she got out. Perhaps also she didn't want to stand by and let one of Daisy's "productions" mess up the life of yet another young woman who didn't realise what she was in for.

Either way - she hasn't dealt well with her life now for my two cents worth.

I have never believed that Alex is cultured or sophisticated or that intelligent. If she was, she would have never married Martin.

ITA - it seems to me she had an agenda and married more to the RF then the man, now with no.2 -  a smart  woman with self respect wouldn't have married a person who is a MIMBO - a male bimbo.
This is a person she wants living with her sons and being a role model to them?
what a stupid woman.
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2013, 10:08:32 PM »

I betcha Martin would have some stories to sell if a agreement wasn't it place to silence him! All in all I feel Alex is a dominant woman , her way or the high way and she'll if this ends in divorce will wipe her self down, paint on  a smile and best foot forward and do her crying in private. The down side is we'll have the life begins at 50 , finding my self at 50 and I feel better than ever at 50 interviews to look forward to and pick at 
Paddy1311

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2013, 12:46:36 AM »

I betcha Martin would have some stories to sell if a agreement wasn't it place to silence him! All in all I feel Alex is a dominant woman , her way or the high way and she'll if this ends in divorce will wipe her self down, paint on  a smile and best foot forward and do her crying in private. The down side is we'll have the life begins at 50 , finding my self at 50 and I feel better than ever at 50 interviews to look forward to and pick at 

I think it would be humiliating for Alex, if she was to divorced Martin. Some of the sympathy that she would still have from the divorce from Joachim would completely go. She would also get flak, for putting her sons through two divorces. Regardless, of what people think of Martin, he is still A big part of her sons family unit.
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2013, 01:00:17 AM »

I'm sure a few people will say I told you so for marrying a much younger man. But I feel that Alex would rather feel humiliated for a time than been made a fool off. As for the boys that's the bitter part of being a step parent and having no children of your own while married, the boys have a father and I don't think post divorce would Martin play any part in their life's .
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Daiz

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2013, 09:41:31 AM »

At least she has not had another child with Martin. I do feel for her boys if they are dragged through the wreckage of another marriage. I wonder if Martin would get to keep his special diplomatic passport?
Lexie

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2013, 01:34:38 AM »

At least she has not had another child with Martin. I do feel for her boys if they are dragged through the wreckage of another marriage. I wonder if Martin would get to keep his special diplomatic passport?

She was 43 when she remarried - too old for another kid but certainly that didn't stop Helle Barry  Yikes. I doubt he would get to keep his special diplomatic passport if they divorced as they would not be traveling together.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: