Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marie & Henrik - two peas in a pod  (Read 23232 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: January 31, 2013, 05:06:52 PM »

Our series on exceptional monarchies of Europe: 2. At the court of Denmark
> Henrik & Marie of Denmark  - Their love affair with the kingdom of Margrethe

Prince Henrik, Princess Marie - affinity at Amalienborg Palace
> Although they are Danish and fully devotees to their country, the prince and princess have kept some tenderness to their country of origin: France. In the royal palace in Copenhagen, we were received with candor and generosity, and with a lot of humour.

Being very close to his son, Prince Henrik also maintains a beautiful closeness with his daughter in law

Denmark is my country now - I am very proud

I still have lots of plans - I have realized half of those

Source
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 06:34:54 PM by PeDe » Logged

Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 05:10:20 PM »

Oh, I wish my French was better!  Crap

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 06:21:55 PM »

I wish I spoke French too Cute I don't think there's any doubt that Henrik favours Marie. Maybe Margrethe too.
cowgrrl

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 06:32:56 PM »

I'm sure they favor her as well & IMO it doesn't have as much to do with her being French as a certain SIL might want to think.
Fragrance78

Large Member

Malaysia Malaysia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 06:35:24 PM »

Is this one of the reasons why F&M didn't celebrate Xmas together with the Shacks & Marge & Dame.....like "since they favour the Frenchie so much, let them spend Xmas without us, that'll teach them!"

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 07:46:05 PM »

Is this one of the reasons why F&M didn't celebrate Xmas together with the Shacks & Marge & Dame.....like "since they favour the Frenchie so much, let them spend Xmas without us, that'll teach them!"

Or maybe Mares decided that having Ambs over for Xmas would keep those pesky in-laws away? 

Or maybe Mary decided to invite Amber after Marge and the Dame decided that they'd prefer to spend time with the Schacks? 

I can't decide which happened first: Marge spending Xmas with the Schacks or Mary deciding to invite the friend whom she knows Margrethe can't stand. Thinking
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 07:48:04 PM »

Well, to be fair to Mosh it's not like she's got a lot of other friends she can invite!

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 07:49:48 PM »

Well, to be fair to Mosh it's not like she's got a lot of other friends she can invite!

Laugh bounce Laughing  So true.  Although, her father and stepmother are now in France.  I guess this proves the theory that Henrik doesn't just like Marie because she's French. Tongue
just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 08:16:19 PM »

My French is almost as good as Mary's, but I will try my best to translate some odd bits.

Henrik made a resolution to lose some weight, esp belly fat. Think he mentions cutting out bread, wine, potatoes and rice and says he is almost vegetarian. Marie (rudely?) butts in and says he should cut down on sauces as well. They must be very close for her to say that  Thumb up Can you imagine if Mary said something like that, it would go down like a lead balloon.

Marie says her resolution is to do more sport? She uses the English word 'hobbies', which offends the fat prince, he says they must defend the French language (Odd, I thought they were Danish royals  Thinking ).

Asked about her Denmark/France she says she loves France, at the same time she has become Danish.

They have both renounced their nationality for love, what do they think about the case of Depardieu?

I think Henrik says it is difficult to find a taxation rate which is balanced and fair, and Marie says she renounced her citizenship out of necessity because of her husband's position, and doesn't know what to say about Depardieu.

I'm surprised either of them agreed to comment on such a political case  

The next question might be about that, is it hard not to express opinions on things, and Henrik says something like one learns to live with it, and Marie  Confused ....I cannot understand her answer, it could be that she says keeping opinions to yourself might not be such a bad idea in general?

Then they are asked about how it was before their marriages, and Henrik seems to complain that for Marie it is fine because she is a princess and she is married to a prince, but for him, his marriage was different because his wife is the monarch and it's tougher and he goes on and on about prince Philip and the byzantines etc etc  Snore

What language do you speak with your children?

Marie says Joachim only speaks to them in Danish, and she tries to get them to speak French but they always reply to her in Danish, although they understand everything she says in French they put up some resistance.

Henrik says he and Marge were firmer and insisted they were bilingual, so today they speak alternatively in Danish and French, sometimes mixing the languages at the same time.

Marie calls Henrik 'Henri'.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 08:52:19 PM by just a serf » Logged

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 08:18:36 PM »

My French is almost as good as Mary's, but I will try my best to translate some odd bits.

Henrik made a resolution to lose some weight, esp belly fat. Think he mentions cutting out bread, wine, potatoes and rice and says he is almost vegetarian. Marie (rudely?) butts in and says he should cut down on sauces as well. They must be very close for her to say that  Thumb up Can you imagine if Mary said something like that, it would go down like a lead balloon.

Marie says her resolution is to do more sport? She uses the English word 'hobbies', which offends the fat prince, he says they must defend the French language (Odd, I thought they were Danish royals  Thinking ).

The rest of that page is hurting my eyes...I will try more later  Smiley

What an odd interview. Huh?
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 09:46:45 PM »

here - I help a bit - I'm typing it into google tranlate - so be aware  

The beautiful octagonal square of Amalienborg, the changing of the guard will soon take place. A thin layer of snow accentuates the architectural purity of this gem. At its center XVIII the equestrian statue of King Frederik V. Up the stairs of the palace honours Christian IX., winter residence of the royal couple and one of four identical houses facing each other. We are first greeted by a wirehaired dachshund with a necklace that is decorated with golden crowns. Prince Henrik appeared moments later, accompied by luminous Princess Marie. This game of questions and answers, rites, a charming affinity between father-in-law and daughter-in-law.

Your Highness, did you make any good resolutions in the beginning of year?
H: like many people after the holidays, I decided to lose a few pounds, especially the little belly. I was thin and now it surrounds my life for ten years ... a little less!

What will you give up to achieve this goal??
H: It seems that I must give up the bread, potatos, rice and wine! Which is a lot.
M: And the sauces?

H: Fortunately with age, I became almost a vegetarian so the sausec do not fail me. I just understand this advantage I can live off vegetables and fish. However the wine will be more difficult, especially as I produce my own. What will the fans think, if I do not drink  even my wine? It will at least have to taste it ....
M: Anyway, if you put water in it, it is very reasonable.

Did you baptize your wine?
H: I learned of the court of France in the thirteenth century, the rulers put water in their wine. I am a bit more hesitant.

And you, Madam, what would your good resolutions be?
M: Have more time for me .... Also, do a litt bit more sports. Honestly, for four years, between the children and the new life that we've built, I just made ​​a cross knew my hobbies.
H: Hobby! Hobby! We must defend the French language.
M: I'm sorry! You're right ... since I met my dear father in law, I give a lot more attention to the French language. I'm usually very vigilant because I fully share this commitment. We must be proud of our language. It's silly to pretend everyone speaks the Truffaut English words. Resolution 2013: to speak without Anglicism and defend the wealth of the French language so my father in law is proud of me!
H: But I already am  ...

Prior to your New Year's resolve to give up food, have you had any litte sins?
M: Everything! I am very food-loving ...

And you Your Highness, what makes you give in to temptation?
H: my whole life is temptation! This does not sit well with my resolutions for 2013. But if we forget the food, I admit my weakness is in search of sun and heat. I do not like the cold.
M: You are evil fallen!
H: At this point only

Do you have any projects that you take to heart this year?
H: I am always full of projects. I have realized in my life that I have had half of all those, but it is already not bad. Today, I continue to have many activities, but as my dear daughter in law, I would like to have more time for me to devote myself to my grandchildren. I have henceforth eight.
M: My father in law wants to actually see them sometimes without their parents! To have a genuine and personal relationship with them.
H: and it is not easy for the queen and myself as some grandchildren are very occupied. The median generation, which is the strength of the age, still has more work!
M: We are fortunate to have extraordinary missions and be able to make a difference in our position - what privilege! I keep my humanitarian work deeply to heart. I returned from Cambodia, for example, for a Danish association (note: she turns to Prince Henrik) I am obliged to say the English name, even it does not please me, .. it is DanChurchAid with whom we have been seeing people who are the most disadvantaged. It is not just poverty, it is misery. When you meet these people, everything is put into perspective. It is impossble to not feel for them if you have a heart. One can only wish to continue, wanting to put this foces to help.

Since you both are double cultured Danish-French, could you tell us what you found most seductive in Denmark?
H: The frankness and spontaneity are major qualities of Danish. Another quality conformity, which allows a better understanding of the group, but originals and eccentrics are not very well liked.
M: I think it is a quality, they are happy people, very humble, very pleasant to live with. In this country, things are going well and people very rarely complain.
H: This is very true. On this point, they are the opposite of French who constantly denigrate their country, their system, their products. It shocks me when I'm in France. Denmark is quite opposite: Everything is wonderful Danish. This is fromidable.
M: The only weak point of this enthusiasm is that sometimes questions arise whether to move forward. But this is a great quality of being satisfied. BTW, recent poll showed that, on a declarative, Danes are the happiest people in the world.

What did you learn from the Danish?
M: A more positive way of thinking. But that said, I love my country and its many qualities. Even when I became Danish, France is my country, my roots, my heart. I have a huge admiration for the French.

You both waived your nationality out of love, you understand the polemics surrounding the actor Gerard Depardieu who renounces his nationalty for other reasons?
H: I consider the departure of Gerard Depardieu as a warning to be understood. Whenever the government, regardless of the country, does not support its own citizens, the threshold becomes unacceptable. Who is at fault? The citizen who finds it unfair that the state levies more than 80% of his/her revenues, or that the state does not stop at a just limit? There must be a complex balance.
M: For me, renounce my nationality from birth was difficult, I admit. It was a big step, in the case of my father in law and mine, it came quite natural. Many countries can have two nationalities, but in our position, it was obviously not possbile. Denmark is my main country, I am very proud. As for Gerard Depardieu, I can not say that ....

A difficult duty that you are forced to observe you he ways sometimes?
M: It is a natural tendency to want to be as honest as possible, to say everything you think. But a reserve sometimes is necessary, you learn to live with and control your impulses. We can say what we think about our husband, our children. It is not necessary to share our opinions with everyone.
H: The reserve is a universal wisdom. Limitations are never a bad idea.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 10:37:49 PM by PeDe » Logged

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 10:08:10 PM »

IMO, the very fact that Henrik and Marie gave a joint interview shows that they are very close and comfortable with each other (beyond speaking the same native language).
Can you imagine Henrik giving a joint interview with Yrma? Laugh bounce
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 10:36:20 PM »

That was a cute interview, I like their banter, sounds like that they have such fun with each other.

But is it just me or is Marie looking a little botoxy in these pictures? Confused
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 10:43:17 PM »

I think she's had botox on her forehead Yes Since she loves to tan (and smokes still?), it's probably the start of regular maintenance IMO.

They sure do get along. It's actually very nice to read. For once it seems quite genuine - rare in the DRF..
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 10:46:04 PM »

M: The only weak point of this enthusiasm is that sometimes questions arise whether to move forward. But this is a great quality of being satisfied. BTW, recent poll showed that, on a declarative, Danes are the happiest people in the world. - sooooo much better and more cleverly put than Mary's slow Danes comment too Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: