Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marie & Henrik - two peas in a pod  (Read 23230 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2013, 05:04:49 AM »

I think they were just trying to polish her image, and it probably emerged that she really couldn't speak French.  She probably had French reporters try to speak with her in French, and of course she failed.  I'm not sure though.  I just know that these things were listed for the first year or two of the marriage on their website, then suddenly, it was changed.  It's very odd.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2013, 05:08:16 AM »

Marie is no different than Mary in trying to hold on to her roots, then. All I get from This interview is all about French this, French that. Poor Danes.

On a separate note, Fred does diapers duties more than Joachim. I guess that's a brownie point...?

Well, the difference is that Marie doesn't try to set up shop in France, no? No looker-me tours or any other shenanigans  Thumb up

Yrma on the other had....look at her latest patronage (twins registry in Australia) and others.

Of course France will always be in Marie's heart...it's her birthplace...the environment that shaped her (you'll never get it out of you). But the fact that she assimilated well - and according to Henrik she spoke Danish already very correct after only two years - is proof in itself that she accepted Denmark as her new home!

And of course Fred does more diapers...he has twins, and J&M have just one girl  Wink
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 05:59:09 AM by PeDe » Logged

Cess

Large Member

Sweden Sweden

The future queen of Spain - so very dignified

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2013, 08:19:24 AM »

Having just one kid at the time is no excuse for not changing diapers!  Thumb down God , I would hate being married to Joachim! Temper tantrums and no helping out with the kids! And ugly as hell! Well, at least he's rich...
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2013, 08:48:00 AM »

Star enjoying the translation of the interview. It's great to see that they get along so good. Henrik is a good grandad , and spending time with the kids without the parents is lovely. If Henrik is touchy about certain issues , well then so he is, there's touchy subjects in all walks of life and his good outweighs the bad so that's fine. Of course they will always be French, I will always be Irish , no matter were I live, my BIL has American citizenship , but he still Irish to the core.That is the way of life. As for nappies duties, who doesn't try and get out of changing one, if there's someone else to do it  Grin
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2013, 03:42:33 PM »

Unlike Fred, Joachim actually works - running a farm is hard work. What does Freddles really do.. Whistle
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2013, 03:49:52 PM »

Having just one kid at the time is no excuse for not changing diapers!  Thumb down God , I would hate being married to Joachim! Temper tantrums and no helping out with the kids! And ugly as hell! Well, at least he's rich...

M: Yes, my husband changes diapers, but less than the crown prince!

Unlike Fred, Joachim actually works - running a farm is hard work. What does Freddles really do.. Whistle

And ITA with Maria, whilst Fred shippers around in Hong Kong enjoying his hobby sailing, Joachim actually works, and visits his patronages.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2013, 04:56:00 PM »

M: Yes, my husband changes diapers, but less than the crown prince!

And ITA with Maria, whilst Fred shippers around in Hong Kong enjoying his hobby sailing, Joachim actually works, and visits his patronages.

When I read that comment, I immediately thought, "Yes.  Fred probably does change a lot of diapers.  Probably a whole lot more than his wife."
Cess

Large Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2013, 08:03:34 PM »

At least he helps with his kids. And he's kind of cute. And seems nice. I would take him over Jocke any day.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2013, 08:21:34 PM »

Changing diapers is not necessarily an indication of a good father. My Dad was apparently very good about changing diapers (in an era when fathers did not traditionally do this), but in many other important respects he has been a really, really lousy father.
I'm just sayin' it's not an accurate measure of a "good father."
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2013, 08:53:38 PM »

At least he helps with his kids. And he's kind of cute. And seems nice. I would take him over Jocke any day.

So does Joachim - you didn't read the quote from her Huh? BB has pics of Joachim picking up Henrik from kindergarden in this week's edition. Clearly Joachim does help with the kids Cool

Freddles is not very cute anymore IMO. He's the type who parties with young blondes the day before the Christning of his children. Nice man there..
Cess

Large Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2013, 09:11:03 PM »

So does Joachim - you didn't read the quote from her Huh? BB has pics of Joachim picking up Henrik from kindergarden in this week's edition. Clearly Joachim does help with the kids Cool

Freddles is not very cute anymore IMO. He's the type who parties with young blondes the day before the Christning of his children. Nice man there..

She compared him negatively to Fred.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2013, 09:16:32 PM »

She compared him negatively to Fred.

You're splitting hairs now.. seriously..
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2013, 02:55:17 AM »

I've had friends who taught English in Spain and Germany.
They did not need to know German nor Spanish - apart from a few introductory comments.
I found that weird but supposedly it is true.  Thinking

There is no need to speak anything other than English when coaching a young person who has been learning English since they were five.
And there is no need to know another language when teaching refugees because often they all have different first languages anyway and they are often just learning the very basics/first steps of English where a lot of pictures are involved.  Yes  
That is what my friends said and they are proof to me that one doesn't need to know, say, French to teach English.

I believe that Mary could have taught English but I also surmise that the appointment was probably in a private home or junior school (with people who wish to keep their privacy), a Tafe or quite a casual teaching role with immigrants/refugees who didn't realise, even later, who she was.  Mary was not qualified to teach in a prestigious position and if she had have I'm sure that Danish press would have illuminated the fact.

I LOVE the explanation and interpretations of the Marie and Henrik interview.
Thank you everyone!   Star Star Star

I give Fred some Brownie points for his parenting .. this is not an interview about him so I don't expect to learn that much. The over all tone of the conversation is super. 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 03:09:53 AM by Cloaked » Logged
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2013, 05:31:01 PM »

Henrik, is a big dummy, his never ending lament about not having an equal, is getting on people's nerves. He said it once, wrote about it and leave it alone!

....because now the press will eat him alive....and it's starting here:

Now whining Henrik again: Why am I not king?

n a great interview with the Point de Vue debris Prince Henrik again that he is king!

Reverse discrimination. Unfairly. To call the Danish prince consort once the royal mess he is in.

The frustration that he is not king of Denmark aired in the French magazine Point de Vue, which in the current issue brings a big double interview with Prince Henrik and his daughter in law, Marie.

11 years ago, Prince Henrik first aired his huge disappointment at his position in the royal family. In a large and frank interview with B.T. Bodil Cath he told for the first time publicly about feeling degraded and 'a matter pendant'. The once crowded family flux together and had brought order in the ranks. But Prince Consort has regularly aired his frustration. Most recently in 2009, when he expressed that there was clearly not equality in Denmark.

And now, he is out with a rake again.
- There is no reason whatsoever that I should not be on an equal footing with my wife. I have the view - and I will be until the day I lie in the grave - I'm number two.

- And I'm not the only one to feel that way. Prince Philip share my opinion.

- How inequality has never existed before. For 5000 years ago queens exalted their men to kings. The exception to the rule was made in England and it was followed in Denmark and the Netherlands. But why.

- Even in Egypt and in the Byzantine Empire empresses inheriting the throne made their men to emperors, says Prince Henrik in the interview

- This injustice is difficult to handle.

In double interview he calls his daughter in law lucky indeed.

- For you and your husband is right. It was not for me!

The entire interview with Prince Henrik and Princess Marie can be found in English on the website 'danishroyalmediawatch.blogspot.dk'.

WHOA  Laugh bounce CeCe made it in the papers again....so you see, dahhhlings, the yellow press is reading the pleb's blogs  Laugh bounce

debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2013, 05:40:13 PM »

Henrik, is a big dummy, his never ending lament about not having an equal, is getting on people's nerves. He said it once, wrote about it and leave it alone!

....because now the press will eat him alive....and it's starting here:

Now whining Henrik again: Why am I not king?

n a great interview with the Point de Vue debris Prince Henrik again that he is king!

Reverse discrimination. Unfairly. To call the Danish prince consort once the royal mess he is in.

The frustration that he is not king of Denmark aired in the French magazine Point de Vue, which in the current issue brings a big double interview with Prince Henrik and his daughter in law, Marie.

11 years ago, Prince Henrik first aired his huge disappointment at his position in the royal family. In a large and frank interview with B.T. Bodil Cath he told for the first time publicly about feeling degraded and 'a matter pendant'. The once crowded family flux together and had brought order in the ranks. But Prince Consort has regularly aired his frustration. Most recently in 2009, when he expressed that there was clearly not equality in Denmark.

And now, he is out with a rake again.
- There is no reason whatsoever that I should not be on an equal footing with my wife. I have the view - and I will be until the day I lie in the grave - I'm number two.

- And I'm not the only one to feel that way. Prince Philip share my opinion.

- How inequality has never existed before. For 5000 years ago queens exalted their men to kings. The exception to the rule was made in England and it was followed in Denmark and the Netherlands. But why.

- Even in Egypt and in the Byzantine Empire empresses inheriting the throne made their men to emperors, says Prince Henrik in the interview

- This injustice is difficult to handle.

In double interview he calls his daughter in law lucky indeed.

- For you and your husband is right. It was not for me!

The entire interview with Prince Henrik and Princess Marie can be found in English on the website 'danishroyalmediawatch.blogspot.dk'.

WHOA  Laugh bounce CeCe made it in the papers again....so you see, dahhhlings, the yellow press is reading the pleb's blogs  Laugh bounce

Wow, I didn't know he has said this so many times. When I read the Marie-Henrik interview a few days ago here (Thank you, Ladies!!!), I just shrugged, because I thought, oh well, after all these years, maybe finally he can say it. But he's been going on for 11 years?!! Wow.

And that line about Prince Phillip. I doubt Prince Phillip ever whined or bang on about his role in life at all. If only for the fear of the Mighty Royal Handbag.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: