Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marie & Henrik - two peas in a pod  (Read 23173 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2013, 05:42:53 PM »

Henrik, is a big dummy, his never ending lament about not having an equal, is getting on people's nerves. He said it once, wrote about it and leave it alone!

....because now the press will eat him alive....and it's starting here:

Now whining Henrik again: Why am I not king?

n a great interview with the Point de Vue debris Prince Henrik again that he is king!

Reverse discrimination. Unfairly. To call the Danish prince consort once the royal mess he is in.

The frustration that he is not king of Denmark aired in the French magazine Point de Vue, which in the current issue brings a big double interview with Prince Henrik and his daughter in law, Marie.

11 years ago, Prince Henrik first aired his huge disappointment at his position in the royal family. In a large and frank interview with B.T. Bodil Cath he told for the first time publicly about feeling degraded and 'a matter pendant'. The once crowded family flux together and had brought order in the ranks. But Prince Consort has regularly aired his frustration. Most recently in 2009, when he expressed that there was clearly not equality in Denmark.

And now, he is out with a rake again.
- There is no reason whatsoever that I should not be on an equal footing with my wife. I have the view - and I will be until the day I lie in the grave - I'm number two.

- And I'm not the only one to feel that way. Prince Philip share my opinion.

- How inequality has never existed before. For 5000 years ago queens exalted their men to kings. The exception to the rule was made in England and it was followed in Denmark and the Netherlands. But why.

- Even in Egypt and in the Byzantine Empire empresses inheriting the throne made their men to emperors, says Prince Henrik in the interview

- This injustice is difficult to handle.

In double interview he calls his daughter in law lucky indeed.

- For you and your husband is right. It was not for me!

The entire interview with Prince Henrik and Princess Marie can be found in English on the website 'danishroyalmediawatch.blogspot.dk'.

WHOA  Laugh bounce CeCe made it in the papers again....so you see, dahhhlings, the yellow press is reading the pleb's blogs  Laugh bounce

Wow, I didn't know he has said this so many times. When I read the Marie-Henrik interview a few days ago here (Thank you, Ladies!!!), I just shrugged, because I thought, oh well, after all these years, maybe finally he can say it. But he's been going on for 11 years?!! Wow.

And that line about Prince Phillip. I doubt Prince Phillip ever whined or bang on about his role in life at all. If only for the fear of the Mighty Royal Handbag.

Oh, I can easily belief that Phillip was whining about his inequality re his title, BUT he was clever enough to keep it behind closed walls and not spit it out over this long time - over and over again - like 'Enriiiii, le roi does  Roll Eyes Tongue

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2013, 05:53:36 PM »

If he wants equality, then I think they should label him as they do in the Spanish press.  Since Margrethe is Queen of Denmark, we can refer to them both as "The Queens of Denmark".  There.  Problem solved. 

Now, shut the hell up, Henrik. Thumb down
tgb

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2013, 06:06:18 PM »

If he really wants equality, they can both lose their titles and live like everyone else.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2013, 06:43:38 PM »

If he really wants equality, they can both lose their titles and live like everyone else.

Agree.  100% Jumping Star
Mille

Gigantic Member

Denmark Denmark

Meary at the beach

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2013, 06:48:50 PM »

If he wants equality, then I think they should label him as they do in the Spanish press.  Since Margrethe is Queen of Denmark, we can refer to them both as "The Queens of Denmark".  There.  Problem solved. 

I like the Queen and Queen idea very much Star

"She isnīt wearing ANYTHING", said a young child

The empress shuddered, for she knew that they were right, but she thought, "The procession must go on!" She carried herself even more proudly, and the chamberlains walked along behind carrying the train that wasn't there.

H.C. Andersen
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2013, 06:56:18 PM »

I can see where's coming from honestly. Why is he Prince Henrik, when Mary will be Queen Mary? It isn't equal at all. The problem is best solved by keeping Mary a princess obviously Champagne
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2013, 08:31:15 PM »

I like the Queen and Queen idea very much Star

Beer Star  Me too.  It suits him perfectly. Yes
cowgrrl

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2013, 06:41:28 AM »

IIRC, Prince Phillip at one point said that he was the only man in Britain who couldn't give his kids his last name.
jessmie

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2013, 10:58:03 PM »

Excuse me, but is it supposed to be a sign of masculinity not to change diapers?  Thinking

Both the Dame and Marie seem to be thinking of it as something a "man" would not normally do and are a little bit arrogant about it. They say it's "old school"!!  Blink Seriously?? This is 2013. And on top of that Marie mentions that Joachim does it, but he does it less than Frederik. Really? What a mean thing to imply that changing diapers is not so good for men!!  Snare
jessmie

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2013, 11:05:14 PM »

Having just one kid at the time is no excuse for not changing diapers!  Thumb down God , I would hate being married to Joachim! Temper tantrums and no helping out with the kids! And ugly as hell! Well, at least he's rich...

Thank you!  Thumb up

I was thinking THE exact same thing!! And what a mean thing to imply about Frederik who is actually aware of living in 2013 compared to Henrik and Joachim! IMHO being "old school" as those two call it, doesn't help children. It builds a gap between the father and the child! Children, and especially boys, need their fathers to teach them how to be a good man, a good husband and a good father. What kind of relationships will they built if they're taught to be "old school" fans in the 21st century?
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2013, 11:14:14 PM »

You're of course entitled to your opinions, but, with all do respect, Joachim's kids seem pretty well balanced and healthy to me. And I'm sure there were boys growing up to be good men too back in the days when fathers didn't change diapers at all. JMO
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 11:26:12 PM by Harley » Logged

freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2013, 11:18:49 PM »

Having just one kid at the time is no excuse for not changing diapers!  Thumb down God , I would hate being married to Joachim! Temper tantrums and no helping out with the kids! And ugly as hell! Well, at least he's rich...

Thank you!  Thumb up

I was thinking THE exact same thing!! And what a mean thing to imply about Frederik who is actually aware of living in 2013 compared to Henrik and Joachim! IMHO being "old school" as those two call it, doesn't help children. It builds a gap between the father and the child! Children, and especially boys, need their fathers to teach them how to be a good man, a good husband and a good father. What kind of relationships will they built if they're taught to be "old school" fans in the 21st century?

Joachim's children are impeccably behaved.  So far, they don't seem to be damaged by their father not changing too many nappies.

As for Frodo, not sure what example he sets looking the way he does.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2013, 11:25:58 PM »

You're of course entitled to your opinions, but, with all do respect, Joachim's kids seem pretty well balanced to me. And I'm sure there were boys growing up to be good men too back in the days when fathers didn't change diapers at all. JMO
ITA--they seem well-behaved, affectionate and happy  Yes
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2013, 11:30:01 PM »

Thank you!  Thumb up

There are many men who are old school: they have manners, help and support their partners, maybe not change a diaper, but help out nevertheless. My father was old school, never changed a diaper in his life. I would even say he was rather old fashioned. We were very close. I had encouragment and all the freedom in the world. My husband is old school, never changed a diaper in his life. My son is extremely close to his dad. My husband tought my son to mind his manners, be responsible, to stand up for injustice, and how to respect women, and many many things more.

Old school, does not mean that fathers have distant relationship with their children, especially sons. Not changing a child's nappy doesn't mean that one doesn't help out otherwise.

What mean thing did Marie imply when talking about Frederik? I think it was rather more positive that she pointed out that Frederik helps out at home.

As to Frederik living in 2013 - what kind of example is Frederik to his children....
> a good man = openly disregarding and ignoring his wife
> a good husband = openly frolocking with a blond before his twins christening, and we know that he runs around in nightclubs by himself.
> a good father = rather going with his father sailing, then staying home and taking care of his kids.

I'm sorry, but I'll take an old school guy, if his only fault is that he doesn't change diapers so often, any time over a spoiled man child!

Both, Fred & Jooke are products of a screwed up family life, but when it comes to raising happy, and well-behaved children, I think Jokke reaches the goal first - - always with the help of the respective mother's influence and support.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 11:49:22 PM by PeDe » Logged

just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2013, 11:49:41 PM »

Thank you!  Thumb up

There are many men who are old school: they have manners, help and support their partners, maybe not change a diaper, but help out nevertheless. My father was old school, never changed a diaper in his life. I would even say he was rather old fashioned. We were very close. I had encouragment and all the freedom in the world. My husband is old school, never changed a diaper in his life. My son is extremely close to his dad. My husband tought my son to mind his manners, be responsible, to stand up for injustice, and how to respect women, and many many things more.

Old school, does not mean that fathers have distant relationship with their children, especially sons. Not changing a child's nappy doesn't mean that one doesn't help out otherwise.

What mean thing did Marie imply when talking about Frederik? I think it was rather more positive that she pointed out that Frederik helps out at home.

As to Frederik living in 2013 - what kind of example is Frederik to his children....
> a good man = openly disregarding and ignoring his wife
> a good husband = openly frolocking with a blond before his twins christening, and we know that he runs around in nightclubs by himself.
> a good father = rather going with his father sailing, then staying home and taking care of his kids.

I'm sorry, but I'll take an old school guy, if his only fault is that he doesn't change diapers so often, any time over a spoiled man child!

Both, Fred & Jooke are products of a screwed up family life, but when it comes to raising happy, and well-behaved children, I think Jokke reaches the goal first - - always with the help of the respective mother's influence and support.

Thumb up Star

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: