Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marie & Henrik - two peas in a pod  (Read 23175 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2013, 12:12:49 AM »

Thank you!  Thumb up

I was thinking THE exact same thing!! And what a mean thing to imply about Frederik who is actually aware of living in 2013 compared to Henrik and Joachim! IMHO being "old school" as those two call it, doesn't help children. It builds a gap between the father and the child! Children, and especially boys, need their fathers to teach them how to be a good man, a good husband and a good father. What kind of relationships will they built if they're taught to be "old school" fans in the 21st century?

There are many men who are old school: they have manners, help and support their partners, maybe not change a diaper, but help out nevertheless. My father was old school, never changed a diaper in his life. I would even say he was rather old fashioned. We were very close. I had encouragment and all the freedom in the world. My husband is old school, never changed a diaper in his life. My son is extremely close to his dad. My husband tought my son to mind his manners, be responsible, to stand up for injustice, and how to respect women, and many many things more.

Old school, does not mean that fathers have distant relationship with their children, especially sons. Not changing a child's nappy doesn't mean that one doesn't help out otherwise.

What mean thing did Marie imply when talking about Frederik? I think it was rather more positive that she pointed out that Frederik helps out at home.

As to Frederik living in 2013 - what kind of example is Frederik to his children....
> a good man = openly disregarding and ignoring his wife
> a good husband = openly frolocking with a blond before his twins christening, and we know that he runs around in nightclubs by himself.
> a good father = rather going with his father sailing, then staying home and taking care of his kids.

I'm sorry, but I'll take an old school guy, if his only fault is that he doesn't change diapers so often, any time over a spoiled man child!

Both, Fred & Jooke are products of a screwed up family life, but when it comes to raising happy, and well-behaved children, I think Jokke reaches the goal first - - always with the help of the respective mother's influence and support.

Absolutely Star

I took Marie's comment to mean that Fred changes more diapers because he has twins. 

If Jokke was truly a misogynist who saw baby care as "women's work", he wouldn't change any diapers at all.  Ever. 

Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2013, 12:34:14 AM »

I learnt from the interview that Henrik's sons, unlike him, do change nappies.
That is a plus for both of the younger men and it's also great that Henrik can express himself honestly about the issue..

It was not unusual for men of Henrik's era to not change nappies and it would be unusual for men of this day and age to not change them.
If one parent is at home with the children more than another it is reasonable that they do change more nappies - I don't find the fact that Joachim doesn't change many as a bad point.
There are still young men who don't change nappies and often it is actually on the instigation of their wives who like to take charge of the baby rearing aspects of their family life.  All couples delegate different chores differently.  It makes sense that a woman who is breast feeding will also change nappies more often as she spends so much time feeding the baby.  (And how many times does a baby dirty it's nappy just after, or during, a feed!!)

Fred and Joachim, I see, as sincere fathers.  They do their best and hopefully their children will grow up to feel that their fathers loved them and that they like their fathers' company when they are adults as well. 
choux

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2013, 12:35:27 AM »

Is the outfit from the article the same one she wore to the Malene Birger fashion show?  Different jacket but the trousers, top and earrings look the same.

Marie

Muted
Gigantic Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2013, 02:12:21 AM »

Marie (rudely?) butts in and says he should cut down on sauces as well. They must be very close for her to say that  Thumb up Can you imagine if Mary said something like that, it would go down like a lead balloon.

Nope ! I'm sorry but you're wrong. Of course, you can't know it, because you're not French, but "Arręter de manger les plats en sauce" (stop eating "saucy" dishes) means "to start a diet". You will hear very often "You want to loose wieght ? Arręte les plats en sauce etc..." (cut dishes covered up with sauces !). It's not rude, it's typically French for "diet". And it's true as sauces (butter, cream + falvour) have tons of "hidden" calories.

Je suis Charlie
Marie

Muted
Gigantic Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2013, 02:25:04 AM »

They sure do get along. It's actually very nice to read. For once it seems quite genuine - rare in the DRF..

Yes ! Genuine and relax, I don't feel any stiffness or tension in this joined interview !

Je suis Charlie
Marie

Muted
Gigantic Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2013, 02:31:00 AM »

Freddles is not very cute anymore IMO. He's the type who parties with young blondes the day before the Christning of his children. Nice man there.

Lol ! a jerk ! and he looks like shit, grey face, white hair, yellow teeth and sad and despressed. A crypt keeper n° 2 !

Je suis Charlie
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: