Athena with Joachim while Marie was in Ethiopia
GREAT find, Elissa
Here is the google translation of the article:Prince Joachim was a single father this week - Athena missed her Mum.
The reunion joy was absolutely fantastic, tells the Prince of emotions when Marie returned home from Africa.
Prince Joachim had the job of a single father the week, while Princess Marie was at work in Ethiopia with DCA.
- "They have survived this week"
, smiles Prince Joachim as he recounts his time as a single father at home in the castle, taking care of the kids and the dog Apple without the help of the princess.
- "The children are well-behaved ... and if you keep them on a sufficiently short leash, then they are easy to handle"
, continues Prince Joachim with an even bigger smile.
- "No, it's true that it can become a challenge when their mother is suddenly gone, day the night, and for several days. Athena is just at that age where she is big enough to understand that her mother is gone, and too small to understand when she coming back"
, says the prince about his little daughter, who celebrated her second birthday on January 24, two days before the princess had to travel to Africa and leave her at home with Prince Joachim and Prince Henrik, who will turn 5 years on May 4th.
- "But I think it's gone really well. While Henrik is well aware that his mother will come back, Athena is still too small to understand when, although she takes life positively. So, there since have been a few mornings after a few days when she was a little upset and wanted her mother, but then it's all about quickly finding something to distract her"
, adds Prince Joachim.
- "The reunion joy was great. It was quite amazing to watch. The reunion was us all being together"
, said the prince about the news that Princess Marie came home with memories from a fantastic trip with great experiences.