Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Athena - Articles, news, etc.  (Read 38402 times)
Phina

Mini Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: August 11, 2017, 11:53:53 PM »

I've only just now seen the more 'hesitant' photos.  It must be so overwhelming and awkward at that age (at any age!) to be faced with all the attention and cameras, particularly on your first day of school when you're already full of anticipation and adrenalin.  Athena coped well.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: August 12, 2017, 12:29:55 AM »

some more

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: August 12, 2017, 12:31:28 AM »

also HUGE GALLERY here

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: August 12, 2017, 12:36:50 AM »

Awww....sweet little Athena.  I'm glad she had a very normal reaction (for a five year old) to the overwhelming presence of the cameras. It shows that she's having a rather normal childhood.   Thumb up
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: August 12, 2017, 01:51:56 AM »

you have to love her.....she already smacked the press:

The shy girl had to die for a couple of minutes in front of the press before she could breathe relieve in the security of her car. There were only a few questions about why Joachim and Marie prefer the privates Joseph Sisterren's School in Ordrup for their younger children.

And then Athena was asked what she had in her new nice little school bag:.

- "Not a thing", she answered and proved that even though she is good at learning to read and calculate, she already masters the generous art of saying something without saying anything.

LOOOOOOOL, you go girl, tell them 

genegal43

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2017, 03:26:44 AM »

Ohh Athena, school isn't that bad!  I know you don't want to go but you'll get used to it.   Hug

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: August 12, 2017, 03:59:12 AM »

From what I read she is very exited to go to school, she just didn't want to deal with the reporters in front of her door.

Phina

Mini Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: August 12, 2017, 10:42:17 AM »

I like these two images.  Joachim and Marie kept their focus on Athena - as it should be - by saying 'time out/back soon' to the press.  I like that Athena felt able to express that she wasn't comfortable and was able to take a moment to gather herself.  But maybe these 'first day at school' press calls aren't organised the best way.  I know they do them so the press doesn't descend on the school. But perhaps photographs taken only by the parents (like the one by Marie) or a press call at the end of the first day would be slightly less daunting for the child on what is already a big day.
periwinkle

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: August 12, 2017, 06:09:49 PM »

This says more about how great Marie and Joachim are as parents and public people than anything Fred and Mary Dumbass could ever do. It must be hard to know you have a shy child but to balance it with being with the press outside your own door. It must be awful for the little girl but it is good media training since that will be a part of her life forever but hopefully just a minor inconvenience here and there and something she'll deal with for major life events. Better start now. The press will be there when she graduates from high school and gets married and has children but it will be much more low grade than for her cousins. If she learns to control the interest she can have a good life balancing her ancestry and her privacy.
Lizardcandy

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2017, 06:20:57 PM »

I am sure this won't be a popular opinion but it seems like a really cruel sort of thing to put a little child through before a major life change like school. If this same scene had been from any other little royal, I feel like the reception here would be different.

I hope she had a happy first day anyway, despite this scene that made my heart hurt for her!
periwinkle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: August 12, 2017, 06:26:31 PM »

It is one of the hardest things to do as a parent to know when the right time to expose your child to certain unpleasant things in life. One of my girls is much more introverted and reserved than her sister. She would sit in a corner all day reading a book if she could thank goodness. We decided to be very tough when it comes to screen time and she responds well. Any way, raising children is about giving them roots and wings and we tell our introvert that there are times when you have to extend yourself and pull out of your shell because she cannot spend her whole life reading in the corner she is not looking at inherited wealth lol. I feel this is what Marie and Joachim are doing giving Athena lessons in achieving balance knowing the press is just going to be there like it or not. I think it is well played but I am an outsider looking in.
Royal Me!

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: August 12, 2017, 09:38:35 PM »

Either by the time Athena got to school or at the end of school, there was peace.

EstellesBows

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: August 13, 2017, 07:48:18 AM »

This says more about how great Marie and Joachim are as parents and public people than anything Fred and Mary Dumbass could ever do. It must be hard to know you have a shy child but to balance it with being with the press outside your own door. It must be awful for the little girl but it is good media training since that will be a part of her life forever but hopefully just a minor inconvenience here and there and something she'll deal with for major life events. Better start now. The press will be there when she graduates from high school and gets married and has children but it will be much more low grade than for her cousins. If she learns to control the interest she can have a good life balancing her ancestry and her privacy.

I agree with this.

I still think that the best thing to do is to release a photo taken by the family, but understand the reason for the photo call - to avoid the press descending on the school and causing problems for every other family/child who is just trying to go to school. It is not fair on the classmates and their families. And Athena is the youngest of 8 grandchildren, but this point, the 'precedent' for it being 'done this way' has been well and truly set.

I think Jokke and Marie showed themselves to be parenting well. At the end of the day, the press will always be a part of her life (and thankfully for Athena's sake, she won't have to deal with it as much as her cousins will) and that is something she needs to adapt to. It is not going to go away any time soon. Sheltering her from it completely will do her a disservice when she gets to an age where they can't protect her from it anymore (and "hiding" her from the media will just make them more curious about her anyway) so she is well served to get used to the press now.

But they were also aware of the fact that princess or not, Athena is a 5 year old child and was in an overwhelming situation. She had the normal nerves that come with being a shy child going to school for the first time AND she was the centre of press attention on this day (during her previous exposure to press attention, it was shared attention, not all about her) and had difficulty coping. Thankfully, they didn't view this is an 'embarrassment' the way certain royal parents would (I won't name names, but you all know who I mean.....), and correctly chalked it up as overwhelmed five year old being an overwhelmed five year old, and allowed her to go back inside to calm down and regroup. I'm glad to see she was smiling with her Dad once the media circus was behind her and she got to school.

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #148 on: August 13, 2017, 02:33:02 PM »

I am sure this won't be a popular opinion but it seems like a really cruel sort of thing to put a little child through before a major life change like school. If this same scene had been from any other little royal, I feel like the reception here would be different.

I hope she had a happy first day anyway, despite this scene that made my heart hurt for her!

You are, of course, free to feel what you feel about Athenas first day of school, however you are not so free that you can make (negative) assumptions on the opinions of other posters. We dish on royals here, not other posters after all.

Chandrasekhi

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: August 13, 2017, 05:00:27 PM »

In RSA, its is illegal (through rarely enforced) for children to not travel in a car seat/booster seat below a certain age and height. Athena appears not to be in either ... no comparable law in Denmark or also poorly enforced?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: