Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gloves  (Read 8291 times)
VanillaMoomin

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2024, 06:28:07 AM »

Are gloves becoming as anachronistic as stockings and what we call pantyhose? I can't think of the last time I saw anyone wearing gloves except for warmth in the wintertime or those opera-length white kid gloves for debutante balls.

I can remember the glorious glove counter at the MAashall Field department store in my youth, with the skilled glove fitters. And we never ever went to a dance or were in a wedding without immaculate white kid gloves.  But I can't remember the last time I wore any of my dress leather glovers. In fact, I'd probably have to search for them.

They make sense for health reasons for the royals who have to shake so many hands.  But otherwise? I'm not sure about their utilility any longer.

Iíve seen UV blocking gloves that are v popular in Asia, to keep hands fair in sunny weather. But thatís really another form of utility so itís in the same category as gloves for warmth I suppose. Maybe Gen Z will decide to bring gloves back into fashion!
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2024, 07:16:23 AM »

Gloves are Maryís friend! 😹
lyndell75

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore