Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royals in the same outfit.  (Read 201113 times)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2013, 12:00:40 AM »

Mary wore it a month after her pregnancy with Isabella was announced.  Has Waity been doing some research on how royals dress in pregnancy?

I know royals aren't allowed to accept free gifts of clothes but are they allowed to borrow clothes from designers? Is it possible that this was on loan to both of them and is in fact EXACTLY the same item?

OR could Mary have kept in contact with Kate since the UNICEF event and now actually be giving her advice and possibly clothes?  Crazy

I don't think there's any hard and fast rules and it seems to vary from family to family. For example, Queen Rania has been quite open in the past about the fact she borrows a lot of her clothes and much of the rest of her wardrobe is heavily discounted by designers, which makes good financial sense in her situation.

Mary and Kate may have kept in touch but I genuinely find it hard to believe Mary would have given her a coat. Especially as Clarence House like to emphasise the fact that she ( sorry Charles) pays for her clothing.

Birger seems to be a designer that Kate likes and the fact that Mary has also worn clothes by the label is a coincidence IMO. Kate first wore a Malene Birger dress in the summer of 2011 and the UNICEF event was in November 2011.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2013, 08:29:22 PM »

I've admired Charles for paying for the goods - even if there's too much expensive goodies.
I remember reading that Diana insisted on (Charles) paying for her gowns and paying the near (if not true) retail cost.

I hate this borrowing and wearing of designer clothes so treasured by the likes of Mary (and perhaps other royals).
It's not lay-away.  It's not consignment.  It's just free.
Wouldn't we all like free stuff to borrow, wear, and return?
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2013, 08:32:56 PM »

I've admired Charles for paying for the goods - even if there's too much expensive goodies.
I remember reading that Diana insisted on (Charles) paying for her gowns and paying the near (if not true) retail cost.

I hate this borrowing and wearing of designer clothes so treasured by the likes of Mary (and perhaps other royals).
It's not lay-away.  It's not consignment.  It's just free.
Wouldn't we all like free stuff to borrow, wear, and return?

Mary borrows clothes?  Thinking

bitterblueheart1

Small Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2013, 08:34:37 PM »

Mary wore it a month after her pregnancy with Isabella was announced.  Has Waity been doing some research on how royals dress in pregnancy?

I know royals aren't allowed to accept free gifts of clothes but are they allowed to borrow clothes from designers? Is it possible that this was on loan to both of them and is in fact EXACTLY the same item?

OR could Mary have kept in contact with Kate since the UNICEF event and now actually be giving her advice and possibly clothes?  Crazy

I don't think there's any hard and fast rules and it seems to vary from family to family. For example, Queen Rania has been quite open in the past about the fact she borrows a lot of her clothes and much of the rest of her wardrobe is heavily discounted by designers, which makes good financial sense in her situation.

Mary and Kate may have kept in touch but I genuinely find it hard to believe Mary would have given her a coat. Especially as Clarence House like to emphasise the fact that she ( sorry Charles) pays for her clothing.

Birger seems to be a designer that Kate likes and the fact that Mary has also worn clothes by the label is a coincidence IMO. Kate first wore a Malene Birger dress in the summer of 2011 and the UNICEF event was in November 2011.

I love Q. Rania but wouldn't she said that (borrowing + having discounts) so that people don't judge her on her overspending?
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2013, 05:43:04 PM »

Sisters Alexandra and Nathalie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg in the same glamorous maternity gala dress:

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2013, 05:50:33 PM »

Princess Brigitta of Hohenzollern (ne of Sweden) and her daughter in law Nicole:

Source: http://orderofsplendor.bl...l/2010_07_01_archive.html
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2013, 06:13:02 PM »

Hugo Boss dresses

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2013, 09:19:12 PM »

I love Q. Rania but wouldn't she said that (borrowing + having discounts) so that people don't judge her on her overspending?
I think the same i actually dont believe in royals borrowing clothes.

bitterblueheart1

Small Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2013, 09:32:32 PM »

Hugo Boss dresses

That last dress, with A-line skirt looks juvenile on Letizia and sexy with a pencil skirt on mary.
Stefanie

Large Member

Germany Germany

This was it, Fred - no way out now!

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2013, 09:50:34 PM »

I so love that light blue dress on Leti... 

But - and Im actually hiding behind the sofa as I type this - in the case of that black Boss-dress its the first time I like a dress better on Mary than on the model. Cant quite put a finger on it (maybe its the shoes?! model too slim?!), and I know that the dress is a bit too tight on Mosh, but I find a curvier body (did I just call Moshs body "curvy"?!  Crap) makes it look less tacky.

\"Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.\" (Vclav Havel)
bitterblueheart1

Small Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2013, 09:57:37 PM »

I so love that light blue dress on Leti... 

But - and Im actually hiding behind the sofa as I type this - in the case of that black Boss-dress its the first time I like a dress better on Mary than on the model. Cant quite put a finger on it (maybe its the shoes?! model too slim?!), and I know that the dress is a bit too tight on Mosh, but I find a curvier body (did I just call Moshs body "curvy"?!  Crap) makes it look less tacky.

I understand what you mean. It's not because Mary is curvier, but because Letizia is really petite and mary has this a body that is more sporty/toned.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2013, 11:00:25 PM »

I think the same i actually dont believe in royals borrowing clothes.

IMRIC either Armani or Valli said something similar once in an interview. Off the top of my head I can think of at least 4 or 5 big name designers who have spoken about Rania in interviews (Armani, Valli, Ferretti, Saab and Naeem Khan) and some of them have worked with her or attended events in Jordan so she clearly enjoys a warm relationship with them.

Until all the Kate hysteria she was probably one of the most well-known reigning royals in the fashion stakes (I'm not including the Monaco lot).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 11:10:05 PM by Little_star » Logged

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2013, 01:43:42 PM »

Unknown if the following outfits have been posted here:

Mxima:

Mathilde:

Ms K

Medium Member

Sweden Sweden

Our monarchy is doing just fine.

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2013, 02:24:37 PM »

This one should be posted here too, so it won't be forgotten. ...or maybe it should be forgotten?...  Nerves

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2013, 02:43:27 PM »

This one should be posted here too, so it won't be forgotten. ...or maybe it should be forgotten?...  Nerves

Oh my that's an ugly dress. And the accessories of MM doesn't do any good.......
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: