Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thai Royal: News and Activities  (Read 87138 times)
karma chamelion

Large Member

Delphine Boel's grandmother

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: October 29, 2019, 08:43:20 PM »

I totally agree with Ralf, in fact I'd probably leave my laptop at home and just use my phone. Big Brother is definitely watching in Thailand

Currently on the Lit Train for GIANTS!
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: October 29, 2019, 10:40:31 PM »

I totally agree with Ralf, in fact I'd probably leave my laptop at home and just use my phone. Big Brother is definitely watching in Thailand

It definitely is.

And love your new avatar, btw. What a tragic story that was!
karma chamelion

Large Member

Delphine Boel's grandmother

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: October 29, 2019, 11:12:24 PM »

It definitely is.

And love your new avatar, btw. What a tragic story that was!

Thank you AB! #JusticeForDelphine Wink

Currently on the Lit Train for GIANTS!
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: October 29, 2019, 11:15:19 PM »

This week-end I'll be seeing my friend who lives in Bangkok.  I can't wait to show her some of the things on this thread!  I'm sure it is all going to be news to her.  I'll only use my own laptop to show her, so she won't have to worry about cache files on her phone when she goes back...

Well then good luck, but be prepared that it won't go the way you intend.
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: October 29, 2019, 11:16:12 PM »

'Koi' in 2012 before she met the mad King and underwent all the cosmetic surgery he required her to undergo to fit his image of what a woman should look like

Poor woman. I hope someone is coming for her help.
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: October 29, 2019, 11:23:19 PM »

More alarming than his domestic issues are the fact that he has taken control of the military. This is always a chronic sign of an unhinged dictator. I feel bad for Thailand.
It's all part of the same issue.

Sadly or not Thailand isn't Saudi Arabia or North Korea. Hardly any tourist will travel to those countries, because they will be districted and it's widely known how the regimes there work.

So no one wants to support them. Not so in Thailand. First I don't think many people have even heard of the king and his doings and if so, they probably don't bother, because of the beautiful beaches and the great food.

Of course that's not to say boycott Thailand as it wouldn't help the people anyway.
Malenkaya

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: October 30, 2019, 03:38:54 AM »

https://twitter.com/zenjo...tatus/1187699891193167873

A royal announcement is expected soon announcing the marriage of Princess Bajrakitiyabha and Colonel Paritat Bunnag.

It is also likely that Bajrakitiyabha will be officially named the first female heir to the throne of Thailand.

Princess Bajrakitiyabha is the first-born child of the King and the only one by his first wife Princess Soamsawali.

It looks like the mad king has changed his mind on the marriage and naming Bajrakitiyabha as heir.

Considering that her mother is the only ex-wife King Crop Top is on friendly terms with I'm not surprised. I'm more surprised that she's still unmarried at 40. Vajiralongkorn has disowned 4 out of 7 of his children. Sirivannavari is 32 and not married yet. Dipangkorn is 14 and I'd almost be afraid he would be next with his mother and maternal grandparents imprisoned for lèse-majesté.

Sirikit and Bhumibol seemed halfway normal. How did they produce such a vile son?
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: October 30, 2019, 08:55:20 AM »

A useful summary of the Mad King's love life so far:

When you rule a country in which it is illegal to criticise the royal family, you can pretty much do what you like, which seems to go some way to explaining the behaviour of Thailand's King Vajiralongkorn.

The royal has had several relationships including four wives and seven children.

Now, royal consort Sineenat Wongvajirapakdi, 34, has been stripped of her official titles, seemingly the latest victim in what is a very complicated love life.

Here's how it all unfolded.

Ascension to the throne

King Vajiralongkorn ascended the throne in 2016 following the death of his father, King Bhumibol Adulyadej.

He is the only son of King Adulyadej and Queen Sirikit and as is the law in Thailand, only males become the head of state and head of the ruling Royal House.

The Thai government retroactively declared his reign to have begun on October 13, 2016, the time of his father's death.

King Vajiralongkorn is the tenth monarch of the Chakri dynasty. At the age of 64, he is the oldest Thai monarch to ascend the throne.

First marriage: First cousin Soamsawali Kityakara

When he was still Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn the Thai married for the first time on January 3, 1977. He wed Princess Soamsawali Kitiyakara, his first cousin on his mother's side. The couple had one daughter - Princess Bajrakitiyabha.

Soon after his daughter's birth, Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn began living with actress Yuvadhida Polpraserth. They had five children, and were unable to wed when Princess Soamsawali refused to agree to a divorce.

Vajiralongkorn was able to sue for divorce in the Family Court in January 1993. During the proceedings he accused his then-wife of being at fault for the failed relationship and she was unable to refute the charges due to Thailand law which forbids criticism of the royal family.

Princess Soamsawali and her daughter continue to participate in royal ceremonies.

Second marriage: Former actress Yuvadhida Polpraserth

Vajiralongkorn and Polpraserth were married at a palace ceremony in February, 1994, where they were blessed by the Princess Mother but not by the Queen.

After the marriage the former actress changed her name to Mom Sujarinee Mahidol na Ayudhaya, signifying she was a commoner married to royalty.

At first things seemed okay, however in 1996 after only two years of marriage she moved to Britain with all of her children. Vajiralongkorn allegedly put up posters around his palace, accusing her of committing adultery with an air marshal.

The Crown Prince later reportedly abducted his daughter and brought her back to Thaliand to live with him, elevating her to the rank of princess, and stripped Sujarinee and her sons of their diplomatic passports and royal titles.

Sujarinee moved to the US in 2007.

Third marriage: Former servant Srirasmi Suwadee

On February 10, 2001, Vajiralongkorn married for a third time, this time to Srirasmi Suwadee who had been in his service since 1992. The marriage was not revealed to the public until early 2005.

The couple had a son - Prince Dipangkorn Rasmijoti, on April 29, 2005. It was then that Suwadee was elevated to the rank of princess.

All seemed well until November 2014 when Vajiralongkorn sent a letter to the interior ministry asking for Princess Srirasmi's family to be stripped of their royal titles, accusing seven of her relatives of corruption.

Sirasmi reliquished her royal titles and the royal name and the couple official divorced after 13 years of marriage.

Fourth marriage: Former acting commander Suthida Tidjai

King Vajiralongkorn married Suthida Tidjai, former acting comander of Royal Thai Aide-de-Camp Department, on May 1, 2019. Two months later, the king bestowed the title of "chao Khun Phra" or Royal Noble consort to Major General Sineenat Wongvajirapakdi, making the first official naming of a secondary consort for nearly a century.

Legal restrictions when it comes to discussing royals in Thailand

In Thailand, criticism of members of the royal household, even their pets, is strictly prohibited. There are large fines and prison sentences of up to 35 years that can be imposed.

However King Vajiralongkorn's complicated private life has been on the receiving end of some carefully negative discussions among the country's residence, although not publicly.

In January 2002, the Far Eastern Economic Review questioned the king's business ties with then-Prime Minister Taksin Shinawatra, and the publication was immediately banned by the government citing a threat to national security.

Also in 2002, The Economist wrote that King Vajiralongkorn is held in much less esteem than his father whom he succeeded.

This issue of The Economist was then banned in Thailand.

In 2010, another issue of the publication stated that King Vajiralongkorn is "widely loathed and feared" due to his behaviour which they claimed is "unpredictable to the point of eccentricity".

Online journal Asia Sentinel stated that he is "erratic and virtually incapable of ruling".

Thailand's population can no longer access Asia Sentinel online.

In November 2009, a home video released to WikiLeaks showed the Vajaralongkorn dressed casually and then-Princess Suwadee wearing only a g-string being attended to by formally dressed servants for the birthday of one of their poodles.

Part of this video was broadcast by Australia's Foreign Correspondent on the ABC as part of a half hour documentary criticising the royal family of Thailand.

In January 2009, Harry Nicolaides, an Australian national, was sentenced to three years in prison for self-publishing a fictional book that was deemed to violate Thailand's royal family, in particular a passage that described a prince who, when he falls in love with his minor wives and she betrays him, will disappear along with her family and any trace of her existence.

Nicolaides was later pardoned after making it clear it was a work of fiction.

https://honey.nine.com.au...59-4ad5-a551-d05515939a91

Currently visualizing my highest self
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: October 30, 2019, 08:59:26 AM »

This week-end I'll be seeing my friend who lives in Bangkok.  I can't wait to show her some of the things on this thread!  I'm sure it is all going to be news to her.  I'll only use my own laptop to show her, so she won't have to worry about cache files on her phone when she goes back...

I'd strongly advise against doing this, both for the safety of your friend and yourself.

Though the law has been around for a long while, the number of prosecutions has risen and penalties have grown more severe since the military took power.

The UN's High Commissioner for Human Rights says the number of people investigated for lese-majeste has risen to more than double the number investigated in the previous 12 years. Only 4% of those charged in 2016 were acquitted.

There has been a wide range of offenders, from a grandfather who sent text messages deemed insulting to the queen, to a Swiss national who drunkenly spray-painted posters of the late king.

People have also been arrested for lese-majeste over online activity, such as posting images on Facebook of the late King Bhumibol's favourite dog, and clicking the "like" button on Facebook on posts deemed offensive.

The social network in fact faced a ban in Thailand in May 2017 for failing to block illegal content including alleged lese-majeste posts, although authorities later backed off.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-40298570

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-29628191

Currently visualizing my highest self
kingcanut

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: October 30, 2019, 09:01:20 AM »

https://www.straitstimes....eer-group-just-before-her

Thai royal consort Sineenat Wongvajirapakdi led volunteer group just before her dismissal

"Think and let think".
Astrid

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: October 30, 2019, 11:41:44 AM »

What would that be good for, given that in Thailand, someone who insults or defames the king, queen, heir apparent or regent can be jailed for up to 15 years on each count?
Celia

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: October 30, 2019, 12:44:56 PM »

Um, people, calm down.  We're in the USA.  Geez.
perdie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: October 30, 2019, 12:53:32 PM »

https://www.theguardian.c...ultery-as-purges-continue

Thailand’s king has sacked four royal guards, two of them for “adultery”, in a fresh wave of palace purges a week after his royal consort was stripped of all titles for “disloyalty”.

Thai King Maha Vajiralongkorn, 67, ordered the dismissal of two male guards from the “bedroom section”, the Royal Gazette announced late on Tuesday.

“They have committed inappropriate acts and adultery,” the statement said.

The other two officers failed to meet the standards of the royal guard and were dismissed without compensation, according to the gazette.
Malenkaya

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: October 30, 2019, 02:05:23 PM »

https://www.theguardian.c...ultery-as-purges-continue

Thailand’s king has sacked four royal guards, two of them for “adultery”, in a fresh wave of palace purges a week after his royal consort was stripped of all titles for “disloyalty”.

Thai King Maha Vajiralongkorn, 67, ordered the dismissal of two male guards from the “bedroom section”, the Royal Gazette announced late on Tuesday.

“They have committed inappropriate acts and adultery,” the statement said.

The other two officers failed to meet the standards of the royal guard and were dismissed without compensation, according to the gazette.

They were dismissed for committing adultery?

Can we dismiss his sorry fashion victim self as king for his repeated acts of committing adultery?

Talk about lack of self awareness and power tripping.
kingcanut

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: November 09, 2019, 01:04:10 PM »

The Royal Coronation Ceremony of Thai new King: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rECDWZj9pIQ
Queen Suthida almost got misstep, see laps 33:57

Thai queen Mother, Sirikit. The picture was taken around her son's enthronement as Thai new King. Why doesn't she look happy?
Source

"Think and let think".
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: