Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hapsburgs?  (Read 19217 times)
CyrilSebastian

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2019, 04:06:16 AM »

The Imperial Court (Reichskammergericht) was initiated by Holy Roman Emperor Maximilian I. The Imperial Court arose from the negotiations for the Eternal Peace at the Diet of Worms in 1495.
CyrilSebastian

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2019, 11:41:12 PM »

Emperor Maximilian II reigned from 1564 to 1576. He initiated the first systematic ordering of the Habsburg holdings of books, a task he entrusted to the scholar Hugo Blotius. Maximilian II acquired the site on which the palace of Schonbrunn would later be built.
07ladybug

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2019, 12:42:54 AM »

There is a excellent book about the Hapsburgs Dynasty, called Hapsburgs: Embodying Empire. Any and everything that you might want  to know is in this book.  What's interesting about this family is  that have a rule book to live by and they apply it every aspect of their lives.

Thanks for recommending this book.  I have ordered a copy and am looking forward to reading it.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2019, 02:00:09 AM »

I like the book called “Danubia” about the Hapsburg family and all the political and social history that went along with it ( recommend by our Future Crayon few years ago)

It sounds like it would be boring but the author makes it so interesting.
If the topic interests you at all ( and it obviously intersects quite a bit with royality) check it out
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2019, 10:15:59 AM »

I like the book called “Danubia” about the Hapsburg family and all the political and social history that went along with it ( recommend by our Future Crayon few years ago)

If the topic interests you at all ( and it obviously intersects quite a bit with royality) check it out

This weekend I have read in a review that the author of Danubia has written at least two other interesting books: Germania  and Lotharingia

Last year I have found a 2nd hand copy of Danubia in a 2nd hand store, including pencil notes. I was in doubt, to buy or not. But eventually I left it there. Now when reading your comment and based on the review I feel a bit of sorrow.
07ladybug

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2019, 10:13:05 PM »

Thank you.  I will have to look for a copy.
CyrilSebastian

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2019, 11:59:11 PM »

Ernest (1377-1424) was Duke of Styria, Carinthia, and Carniola from 1406. He was the first Habsburg to actually use the title of "Archduke".
genegal43

Big Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2019, 10:47:36 PM »

Archduchess Eleonore of Austria, elder daughter of Archduke Karl and his estranged wife Archduchess Francisca is engaged to marrry Jerome D'Ambrosio. Per Royal Musings.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2019, 10:56:44 PM »

Archduchess Eleonore of Austria, elder daughter of Archduke Karl and his estranged wife Archduchess Francisca is engaged to marrry Jerome D'Ambrosio. Per Royal Musings.

Owieee another Habsburg, one not yet  expected will be next then.  Or Gabriella and Henri get in a hurry
CindyM

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2019, 11:03:05 PM »

I’m actually excited to see this wedding. I wonder which tiara she’ll end up using?
CyrilSebastian

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2019, 11:58:53 PM »

Albrecht II (1298-1358) was Duke of Austria and Styria from 1330 to 1358. In 1355 he issued a house regulation which stipulated that the Habsburg lands were indivisible.
karma chamelion

Large Member

Delphine Boel's grandmother

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2019, 07:01:07 AM »

Francisca is such an interesting character, a younger version of Gloria TNT I think, maybe with a touch of Fergie thrown in.

Wonder if she'll wear the same tiara as her mother did?

https://www.royal-magazin.de/austria/hochzeit.htm

On the Lit Train for GIANTS!
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2019, 07:53:29 AM »

Francisca is such an interesting character, a younger version of Gloria TNT I think, maybe with a touch of Fergie thrown in.

Francesca is indeed an interesting person. She's surely a little over the top and we all know that Otto mainly allowed this marriage due to the wealth of the Thyssen-Bornemisza family. But she did integrate well and I'm sure she would make a great Empress (if it were still to be).

Her children all know that nobody cares for their titles anymore (outside a specific circle) and that they would've to make a living on their own. Though of course they've means from their family.

I saw her once at one of the exhibitions for the Thyssen-Bornemisza art foundation. She seems a totally nice person and down to earth.
karma chamelion

Large Member

Delphine Boel's grandmother

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2019, 08:04:21 AM »

Francesca is indeed an interesting person. She's surely a little over the top and we all know that Otto mainly allowed this marriage due to the wealth of the Thyssen-Bornemisza family. But she did integrate well and I'm sure she would make a great Empress (if it were still to be).

Her children all know that nobody cares for their titles anymore (outside a specific circle) and that they would've to make a living on their own. Though of course they've means from their family.

I saw her once at one of the exhibitions for the Thyssen-Bornemisza art foundation. She seems a totally nice person and down to earth.

She's a very pretty woman, I bet it would be hard to miss her in a crowd! I think she took her 'role' (such as it was) seriously and never let down the family.

On the Lit Train for GIANTS!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2019, 10:00:08 AM »

But still it didn't went well between Karl and Francesca relationship wise...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: