Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hapsburgs?  (Read 60192 times)
kinan

Baby Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2022, 05:37:53 PM »

Photo of Zita and some of her children and their spouses in 1954.

https://www.gettyimages.c...sohn-news-photo/541472475

Can anyone identify them all? I can see Regina (wife of Otto), Otto, Margherita (wife of Robert), Robert, and Zita on the center of the photo.

I guess the couple in the far right were Xenia and Rudolph. Xenia died in 1968 in a car accident. Not many pictures of her, sadly.

Where's Carl Ludwig the father of Carl Christian?

Let see, if I can pinpoint who is who in this picture of Zita with her children and children in law.

From left to right:

1. Archduchess Charlotte of Austria (1 March 1921 – 23 July 1989) 2nd daughter and 7th child of Charles I and IV, the last emperor of Austria and king of Hungary, and his wife, Zita of Bourbon-Parma.
But I guess this could also be Archduchess Elisabeth of Austria (31 May 1922 – 6 January 1993), 3rd daughter and youngest (8th) child of Charles I and IV, the last emperor of Austria and king of Hungary, and his wife, Zita of Bourbon-Parma. Based on the pictures I have found of both ladies they seem to resemble each other a lot.
2. At first I thought this would be Princess Anna Eugenie von Arenberg (1925–1997) , the wife of Archduke Felix, but the resemblance is a bitt off.    
3. Perhaps    Archduke Felix of Austria (31 May 1916 – 6 September 2011); 4th child and 3rd son of  Charles I and IV, the last emperor of Austria and king of Hungary, and his wife, Zita of Bourbon-Parma   
4. Princess Regina of Saxe-Meiningen (6 January 1925 – 3 February 2010); wife of Crown prince Otto
5. Archduke Otto of Austria (20 November 1912- 4 July 2011); the last crown prince of Austria-Hungary. The eldest child and son of Charles I and IV, the last emperor of Austria and king of Hungary, and his wife, Zita of Bourbon-Parma
6. Princess Margherita of Savoy-Aosta (7 April 1930 – 10 January 2022); wife of Robert, Archduke of Austria-Este
7. Robert, Archduke of Austria-Este (8 February 1915 – 7 February 1996); third child and second son of Charles I and IV, the last emperor of Austria and king of Hungary, and his wife, Zita of Bourbon-Parma
8. Princess Zita of Bourbon-Parma (9 May 1892 – 14 March 1989) [standing in front of Robert]; the wife of Charles, the last monarch of Austria-Hungary. As such, she was the last Empress of Austria and Queen of Hungary, in addition to other titles.
9. Perhaps Archduke Carl Ludwig of Austria (10 March 1918 – 11 December 2007); the 5th child and 4th son of Charles I and IV, the last emperor of Austria and king of Hungary, and his wife, Zita of Bourbon-Parma
10. Perhaps Princesse Yolande de Ligne (6 May 1923); wife of  Archduke Carl Ludwig of Austria (10 March 1918 – 11 December 2007)
11. Perhaps  Countess Xenia Czernichev-Besobrasov (11 June 1929, Paris – 20 September 1968), the 1st wife of Archduke Rudolf of Austria (5 September 1919 – 15 May 2010). She died in a car crash in Belgium.
12. Perhaps Archduke Rudolf of Austria (5 September 1919 – 15 May 2010); the 6th child and 5th son of Charles I and IV, the last emperor of Austria and king of Hungary, and his wife, Zita of Bourbon-Parma

From Wikipedia:

Empress Zita of Austria with her eight children. Standing in the back from left to right Archdukes Carl Ludwig, Rudolf and Robert, in the middle Archduchesses Adelheid, Elisabeth and Charlotte with Archduke Felix, in the forefront Empress Zita and Archduke Otto, 1962

Thanks. But I think Anne Eugenie of Arenberg was not in the picture. I think the lady number 2 was either Charlotte or Elisabeth or Adelheid. She looked like the Habsburg siblings.
kinan

Baby Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: April 07, 2022, 05:51:44 PM »

I recognized Peter, a Wrede-born princess now Habsburg, Rudolf and his wife (parents of eight *very* homely children, most of whom are now some kind of religious) and a couple of others.

Yes, some of the members of Habsburg family are priests.

Here's a photo of them.
https://mobile.twitter.co...tatus/1510199231730040833

1. László Erffa. He is a great grandson of Emperor Karl I.
Karl I -> Felix -> Kinga Barbara -> László.

2. Paul Habsburg. Patrilieally, he is from another branch of this family (Palatinate of Hungary). He is also descended from Emperor Franz Joseph I and Empress Sissi, via their daughter, Gisela.
Franz Joseph I -> Gisela -> Auguste Maria -> Josef Franz -> Michael -> Paul.

3. Johannes Habsburg. He is also a great grandson of Emperor Karl I.
Karl I -> Carl Ludwig -> Rudolf -> Johannes.
From Wikipedia, it says that his three other siblings (Thomas, Marie-des-Neiges, and Joseph) are also in religious order.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 06:00:15 PM by kinan » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: April 07, 2022, 10:26:35 PM »

Photo of Zita and some of her children and their spouses in 1954.

https://www.gettyimages.c...sohn-news-photo/541472475

Can anyone identify them all? I can see Regina (wife of Otto), Otto, Margherita (wife of Robert), Robert, and Zita on the center of the photo.

I guess the couple in the far right were Xenia and Rudolph. Xenia died in 1968 in a car accident. Not many pictures of her, sadly.

Where's Carl Ludwig the father of Carl Christian?

Let see, if I can pinpoint who is who in this picture of Zita with her children and children in law.

From left to right:

1. Archduchess Charlotte of Austria (1 March 1921 – 23 July 1989) 2nd daughter and 7th child of Charles I and IV, the last emperor of Austria and king of Hungary, and his wife, Zita of Bourbon-Parma.
But I guess this could also be Archduchess Elisabeth of Austria (31 May 1922 – 6 January 1993), 3rd daughter and youngest (8th) child of Charles I and IV, the last emperor of Austria and king of Hungary, and his wife, Zita of Bourbon-Parma. Based on the pictures I have found of both ladies they seem to resemble each other a lot.
2. At first I thought this would be Princess Anna Eugenie von Arenberg (1925–1997) , the wife of Archduke Felix, but the resemblance is a bitt off.    
3. Perhaps    Archduke Felix of Austria (31 May 1916 – 6 September 2011); 4th child and 3rd son of  Charles I and IV, the last emperor of Austria and king of Hungary, and his wife, Zita of Bourbon-Parma   
4. Princess Regina of Saxe-Meiningen (6 January 1925 – 3 February 2010); wife of Crown prince Otto
5. Archduke Otto of Austria (20 November 1912- 4 July 2011); the last crown prince of Austria-Hungary. The eldest child and son of Charles I and IV, the last emperor of Austria and king of Hungary, and his wife, Zita of Bourbon-Parma
6. Princess Margherita of Savoy-Aosta (7 April 1930 – 10 January 2022); wife of Robert, Archduke of Austria-Este
7. Robert, Archduke of Austria-Este (8 February 1915 – 7 February 1996); third child and second son of Charles I and IV, the last emperor of Austria and king of Hungary, and his wife, Zita of Bourbon-Parma
8. Princess Zita of Bourbon-Parma (9 May 1892 – 14 March 1989) [standing in front of Robert]; the wife of Charles, the last monarch of Austria-Hungary. As such, she was the last Empress of Austria and Queen of Hungary, in addition to other titles.
9. Perhaps Archduke Carl Ludwig of Austria (10 March 1918 – 11 December 2007); the 5th child and 4th son of Charles I and IV, the last emperor of Austria and king of Hungary, and his wife, Zita of Bourbon-Parma
10. Perhaps Princesse Yolande de Ligne (6 May 1923); wife of  Archduke Carl Ludwig of Austria (10 March 1918 – 11 December 2007)
11. Perhaps  Countess Xenia Czernichev-Besobrasov (11 June 1929, Paris – 20 September 1968), the 1st wife of Archduke Rudolf of Austria (5 September 1919 – 15 May 2010). She died in a car crash in Belgium.
12. Perhaps Archduke Rudolf of Austria (5 September 1919 – 15 May 2010); the 6th child and 5th son of Charles I and IV, the last emperor of Austria and king of Hungary, and his wife, Zita of Bourbon-Parma

From Wikipedia:

Empress Zita of Austria with her eight children. Standing in the back from left to right Archdukes Carl Ludwig, Rudolf and Robert, in the middle Archduchesses Adelheid, Elisabeth and Charlotte with Archduke Felix, in the forefront Empress Zita and Archduke Otto, 1962

Thanks. But I think Anne Eugenie of Arenberg was not in the picture. I think the lady number 2 was either Charlotte or Elisabeth or Adelheid. She looked like the Habsburg siblings.

I have looked it up at my original search, also because I wasn't completely sure about lady 1. I was sure about her (#1) being a blood born Habsburg but not if it was really 100% Charlotte.

But I just can't certainly place lady #2 as an Habsburg one either. And if so I guess it would be Adelheid
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: June 21, 2022, 01:35:39 AM »

Holy Roman Emperor Leopold I reigned from 1658 to 1705. In 1663 the imperial diet entered the last stage of its existence. It became a body permanently in session at Regensburg.
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: July 27, 2022, 12:47:46 AM »

Zita was The Last Empress of Austria.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xguB8U3I8O4
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: