Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hapsburgs?  (Read 34493 times)
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2020, 09:28:12 AM »

The poor boy. Cry

An aneurysm is a real tragedy. It can strike at any age on the outside totally healthy persons.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2020, 10:06:56 AM »

When his daughter Maria Theresa was born, Holy Roman Emperor Charles VI disinherited his nieces Maria Josepha and Maria Amalia. They were the daughters of Holy Roman Emperor Joseph I.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2020, 02:42:56 AM »

Gertrude of  Hohenburg was the wife of Rudolph I. Her daughter Matilda was named after her mother Matilda. However no son was named after her father, Count Burkhard V of Hohenburg.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2020, 02:05:38 PM »

Eleonore von Habsburg married Jerome d'Ambrosio in a civil ceremony in Monaco today, attended by closest family and friends. The bigger church wedding will take place as soon as the pandemic restrictions get lifted.

Eleonore, a professional jewelry designer, and Jerome, a Formula E race car driver, met on a plane three years ago, flying from London to Nice

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2020, 03:13:14 PM »

They got engaged in early 2019:

https://www.dailymail.co....rg-engaged-F1-driver.html

Hello! about the wedding:

https://www.hellomagazine...ng-eleonore-von-habsburg/
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2020, 02:24:37 AM »

It is interesting that Eleonore's mother is not listed as Francesca von Habsburg.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2020, 08:25:50 AM »

It is interesting that Eleonore's mother is not listed as Francesca von Habsburg.

Aren't her parents separated? Perhaps that is why?
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2020, 10:33:33 AM »

For some really unfair reasons unbeknownst to me, I never meet interesting people on the plane or the train. I am forever stuck with the horrid, smelly ones or the single mothers with monster kids.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2020, 11:05:15 AM »

The poor boy. Cry

An aneurysm is a real tragedy. It can strike at any age on the outside totally healthy persons.

Yes my sister had one at 21 ... she survived the episode and the operation but had another one years later ... she is still alive but with memory issues
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2020, 12:08:04 PM »

For some really unfair reasons unbeknownst to me, I never meet interesting people on the plane or the train. I am forever stuck with the horrid, smelly ones or the single mothers with monster kids.

I got both sides of it, but never found the one I ended up with in marriage or another long lasting romance  Cry

As a friend once stated about me: "Put her on a train and at the end of the ride she has already spoken to everyone in the coupe / knows something about everyone in the coupe."

I am genuinely interested in people and I easily get in touch with strangers. In addition, in some cases I seem attractive to people who have to tell their story. My father and an older brother experience this even more. And yeah, the nutcases seems to get stuck on me.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2020, 12:42:49 PM »

Living apart, yes.

Divorce is not an option here.

In A she's often known by her maiden name. I even met her once at the opening of an exhibition for the Thyssen Bornemisza contemporary. Whatever you say about her looks, she came across as very fun and likeable, kind of reminds me of Camilla, who doesn't take herself too serious.

Some people of the staunch monarchists complain that Karl married beneath and that Eilika (wife of his brother Georg) is the real "Empress". While it's a useless point I do think that Francesca would make a good one.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2020, 01:17:14 PM »

Living apart, yes.

In A she's often known by her maiden name. I even met her once at the opening of an exhibition for the Thyssen Bornemisza contemporary. Whatever you say about her looks, she came across as very fun and likeable, kind of reminds me of Camilla, who doesn't take herself too serious.

Some people of the staunch monarchists complain that Karl married beneath and that Eilika (wife of his brother Georg) is the real "Empress". While it's a useless point I do think that Francesca would make a good one.

http://royalmusingsblogsp...-of-archduke-karl-of.html

Apparently Karl has dated a distant cousin  Camilla von Habsburg-Lothringen. And daddy Otto decided to upgrade all of the morganatic descendants to the rank of Count or Countess. This would make Camilla a countess. But they wouldn't engage or marry.

According to the article linked above:

On January 31, 1993,  Archduke Karl married Baroness Francesca von Thyssen-Bornemisza at the Basilica at Mariazell, near Vienna.   Francesca, known as Chessie, is the daughter of the late Baron Heinrich von Thyssen-Bornemisza and his third wife, Scots aristocrat Fiona Campbell-Walker.

The marriage did not receive family approbation.  None of Archduke Otto's four brothers attended the wedding citing illness or unable to attend. Nor did their children.    Forty-three members of the Habsburg family sent written complaints to Otto about the marriage as all considered Francesca to not be of equal rank.  The dissent may also have had something to do with her much married and very rich father  -- and Chessie's pre-marriage behavior as a "social powerhouse" in London.

I also heard stories of Otto condeming unequal marriages of other Habsburg family members, while making this exception for his own eldest son.

After ca. 10 years of marriage Karl and Francesca separated. Still married, but living apart. But the rumour goes they got divorced in 2018. And they both seem to have other partners:
Karl with Christian Reid
Francesca with Markus Reyman

According to a comment in the same linked web article:

"..I have never realised why his long courtship of Camilla Habsburg didn't went ahead. I thought actually that his new partner Christian Reid is Camilla, they look alike. Francesca posted a selfie with her long term boyfriend Markus Reyman in the summer 2017 as Bunte reported and Karl Habsburg refused to answer if he was divorced. It was back in 2018 and it is assumed they have been officially separated by the law. Francesca reported it twice in 2019. There is silence from Habsburg side except rumours he was interested in the sort of new Camilla in 2018 and her family refused his interest and that Krone article about new partner Christian Reid but it has not say he has been divorced for a while. He refused to comment about divorce or deny it. I am not surprised they are divorced aftee 15 years of separation and grown up children out of the nest but for his staunch Catholism. I'd expect it from Caroline of Monaco..."

Karl & Christian Reid:
https://www.krone.at/1991401

« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 01:29:52 PM by Principessa » Logged
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2020, 01:20:15 PM »

Living apart, yes.

Apparently Karl has dated a distant cousin  Camilla von Habsburg-Lothringen. And daddy Otto decided to upgrade all of the morganatic descendants to the rank of Count or Countess. This would make Camilla a countess. But they wouldn't engage or marry.

On January 31, 1993,  Archduke Karl married Baroness Francesca von Thyssen-Bornemisza at the Basilica at Mariazell, near Vienna.   Francesca, known as Chessie, is the daughter of the late Baron Heinrich von Thyssen-Bornemisza and his third wife, Scots aristocrat Fiona Campbell-Walker.

The marriage did not receive family approbation.  None of Archduke Otto's four brothers attended the wedding citing illness or unable to attend. Nor did their children.    Forty-three members of the Habsburg family sent written complaints to Otto about the marriage as all considered Francesca to not be of equal rank.  The dissent may also have had something to do with her much married and very rich father  -- and Chessie's pre-marriage behavior as a "social powerhouse" in London.

I also heard stories of Otto condeming unequal marriages of other Habsburg family members, while making this exception for his own eldest son.

Well, like Pavlos and MC it was a marriage of money and title.

Luckily for both Karl and Francesca (and their children) even though separated seem to get on well.

I certainly prefer Francesca over the snobby Carl Christian and his lime any time.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 01:29:12 PM by Kristallinchen » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2020, 01:30:44 PM »

Living apart, yes.

Well, like Pavlos and MC it was a marriage of money and title.

Luckily for both Karl and Francesca (and their children) even though separated seem to get on well.

I certainly prefer Francesca over the snobby Carl Christian and his lime any time.

Yes! I would also prefer Francesca in that comparison Wink
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2020, 02:21:21 PM »

I imagine you meet nicer (richer) people in first class  Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: