Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hapsburgs?  (Read 13767 times)
Kristallinchen

Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2019, 10:14:22 AM »

But still it didn't went well between Karl and Francesca relationship wise...

No, but they're apparently on good terms and are jointly raising their children together (like Joachim and Alexandra in Denmark).
To my knowledge they're not divorced (you know Catholics don't to this), so there's no second wife involved, but I don't think it would be a problem.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2019, 10:16:40 AM »

But still it didn't went well between Karl and Francesca relationship wise...

No, but they're apparently on good terms and are jointly raising their children together (like Joachim and Alexandra in Denmark).
To my knowledge they're not divorced (you know Catholics don't to this), so there's no second wife involved, but I don't think it would be a problem.

If they would manage to do this, being on good terms and raising their children (without hatred and such)  Thumb up

CyrilSebastian

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2019, 10:38:27 PM »

Leopold I reigned as Holy Roman Emperor from 1658 to 1705.   
Leopold was steeped in the dignity of the imperial office, emphasizing above all the religious component. The Emperor called himself "the lowest and most unworthy servant of the Blessed Virgin Mary".
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2019, 09:55:13 AM »

Leopold was steeped in the dignity of the imperial office, emphasizing above all the religious component. The Emperor called himself "the lowest and most unworthy servant of the Blessed Virgin Mary".
Love how they always call themselves "the lowest and most humble" yet don't mean a word of it. Halo

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2019, 01:30:24 PM »

Love how they always call themselves "the lowest and most humble" yet don't mean a word of it. Halo

True.  But it’s “on brand”.
CyrilSebastian

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2019, 02:25:48 AM »

Rarely Seen Masterpieces of the Habsburgs     
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAr_bK6_6hk
CyrilSebastian

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2019, 01:48:47 AM »

Emperor Joseph II thought that a monarch should sacrifice everything for the welfare of his people. In keeping with his maxim 'Everything for the people, nothing by the people', he did not think that subjects should be given a voice in in the political process.
CyrilSebastian

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2019, 02:28:24 AM »

Holy Roman Emperor Ferdinand I tried in the sense of his grandfather Maximilian I to promote art as an expression of power and tradition of the house and thus to position itself against the rising aristocratic nobility. He took over the circle of artists of Maximilian I.
CyrilSebastian

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2019, 01:30:17 AM »

Holy Roman Emperor Ferdinand II chose Paul the Apostle's words "To Those Who Fight Justly Goes the Crown" as his personal motto before he left Graz in early 1590.
Kristallinchen

Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2019, 05:24:44 PM »

Holy Roman Emperor Ferdinand II chose Paul the Apostle's words "To Those Who Fight Justly Goes the Crown" as his personal motto before he left Graz in early 1590.

That's a good motto and justifies every move may it be good or bad. Though of course even terrorists believe in their rightly motives.
CyrilSebastian

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2019, 01:47:43 AM »

Why did Holy Roman Emperor Rudolph II reverse his father Maximilian II's tolerant policy toward Protestantism?
Kristallinchen

Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2019, 08:20:59 PM »

Why did Holy Roman Emperor Rudolph II reverse his father Maximilian II's tolerant policy toward Protestantism?

Maximilian had a strong protestant influence from his environment. RII didn't have this. Also the various wars in this time played a strong line.

F.e. when they needed alliances against the Ottomans they would grant the protestants some freedom, but take it away, when they didn't.

Also I know the Catholic church is said to be mostly at fault nowadays, but believe me the other side were also no angels.
CyrilSebastian

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2019, 02:53:51 AM »

In 1486, Maximilian was elected to the Roman King during his father Holy Roman Emperor Frederick III's lifetime. As a co-regent, he had a difficult relationship with his father.
CyrilSebastian

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2019, 02:45:10 AM »

At the age of 14, Duke Leopold III of Austria married Viridis Visconti. The Habsburgs found by the marriage in this powerful northern Italian royal family an ally for securing their rule in Tyrol.
CyrilSebastian

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2019, 01:56:10 AM »

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart played before the Empress Maria Theresa at the Imperial Court.   
http://www.alamy.com/stoc...eus-playing-82071107.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: