Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hapsburgs?  (Read 19380 times)
CyrilSebastian

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2019, 02:58:40 AM »

With the Onate treaty, Holy Roman Emperor Ferdinand II obtained the support of the Spanish Habsburgs in the succession of his childless cousin Matthias, in exchange for concessions in Alsace and Italy.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2019, 03:07:13 PM »

Interesting is the book Danubia by British author Simon Winder
CyrilSebastian

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2019, 02:45:37 AM »

The marriage of Maximilian I to Mary of Burgundy enabled the Habsburg dynasty to gain a foothold in western Europe, in particular in territories such as Flanders and Brabant.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2019, 10:03:55 AM »

The marriage of Maximilian I to Mary of Burgundy enabled the Habsburg dynasty to gain a foothold in western Europe, in particular in territories such as Flanders and Brabant.

Based on this I think you would like the book Danubia by Simon Winder. Which details about the Habsburgs from the start until ca. WW I.

smf3000

Warned
Medium Member

Botswana Botswana

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2019, 11:16:49 AM »

Your historical posts are interesting CyrilSebastian and while I do enjoy reading them, I've also decided that you are a CIA agent  Laugh bounce, using secret code
to transmit secret messages  Rtfm
to your fellow (secret) spies  Secret

Carry on  Laughing
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2019, 06:50:53 AM »

Based on this I think you would like the book Danubia by Simon Winder. Which details about the Habsburgs from the start until ca. WW I.

Yeah: that book is great.
CyrilSebastian

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2019, 02:59:41 AM »

By 1617, it was apparent that Matthias, Holy Roman Emperor, would die without an heir. His lands would go to his nearest male relative, his cousin Archduke Ferdinand of Austria.
CyrilSebastian

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2019, 01:30:02 AM »

Archduke Joseph (1776-1847) was the son of Holy Roman Emperor Leopold II and Maria Luisa of Spain. In 1796 Joseph was made Palatine of Hungary. He was the founder of the Hungarian branch of the Habsburg family.
CyrilSebastian

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2019, 10:22:34 PM »

Albert I of Hapsburg married Elisabeth of Gorizia-Tyrol in 1271. They had twenty-one children, the highest number of offspring from a Hapsburg marriage in the history of the dynasty.
Duchess of Verona

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2019, 11:21:01 PM »

21 children. That's truly remarkable. In my own family in Ireland,  My father's uncle married a 16 year old in around 1916. She had 19 living children and managed to outlive him, which was an accomplishment in those days. Though she was deaf as a post an nearly totally bald after 65 because her hormones were shot from being constantly preggo for 25 years.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2019, 02:46:22 PM »

Reminds me of that hardcore "Christian" family the Duggars in the USA, of which a show was made:

https://en.wikipedia.org/...ids_and_Counting#Children

And about that couple in the UK with about the same amount of children. Recently it was in the news mom is pregnant again:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radford_family

Expecting nr 22 (as this one survives they will have 21 kids, as one (nr. 17) has died):

https://www.independent.c...en-sue-noel-a9164591.html
CyrilSebastian

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2019, 01:33:36 AM »

Frederick III was elected in 1440 Roman-German king. An ally of Frederick was Pope Nicholas V. In 1448, the two concluded the Vienna Concordat.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2019, 12:05:17 PM »

The children of Karl and Georg, the sons of former Crown prince Otto of Austria and princess Regina of Saxe Meiningen are also coming of age:

Karl with his estranged wife Baroness Francesca Thyssen-Bornemisza:
1. Eleonore Jelena Maria del Pilar Iona (born 28 February 1994 in Salzburg) https://en.wikipedia.org/...iki/Eleonore_von_Habsburg
2. Ferdinand Zvonimir Maria Balthus Keith Michael Otto Antal Bahnam Leonhard (born 21 June 1997 in Salzburg) https://en.wikipedia.org/...and_Zvonimir_von_Habsburg
3. Gloria Maria Bogdana Paloma Regina Fiona Gabriela (born 15 October 1999 in Salzburg)

Georg with his wife Duchess Eilika of Oldenburg:
1. Zsófia Mária Tatjána Mónika Erzsébet Katalin (Sophie Maria Tatiana Monica Elisabeth Catherine, born 12 January 2001 in Budapest)
2. Ildikó Mária Walburga (Hilda Maria Walburga, born 6 June 2002 in Budapest)
3. Károly-Konstantin Mihály István Mária (Karl-Konstantin Michael Stephan Maria, born 20 July 2004 in Budapest)
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2019, 09:40:16 AM »

Karl recently lost a case with the Austrian court about using the title von Habsburg.

But aside from star allures they're all keeping a very low profile. I once met/saw Francesca at the opening of an exhibition (which she moderated). She comes across very nice and reminds me in fact a bit of Camilla. She would make a great Empress. Albeit the staunch monarchists think she's not worth it.
CyrilSebastian

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2019, 11:02:48 PM »

Holy Roman Emperor Ferdinand I set up several new central administrative authorities. The Secret Council was responsible for foreign affairs and dynastic affairs.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: