Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 126   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pavlos,Marie Chantal and the children's:photos  (Read 712400 times)
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #1755 on: May 27, 2020, 01:28:57 PM »

I think she will eventually end up marrying the son of a "super-rich jet-setting but unknown to the major public" family.
Like the guy Beatrice York is engaged to or the families of the Monaco kids. Never heard of them, but apparently extremely rich and in their circles.
The Liechtensteins will go for much less glamour and hoola, their future bride will be Sorbonne/ Princeton/ Yale or Cambridge educated, more nicely groomed than good looking and with a parentage to end all parentages.

The Liechtensteins I could see marrying in their girls (I mean someone like Steph or Mathilde).

No way would Olympia be accepted by the ubercatholic Liechtensteins. And I also don't think that Olympia would be happy as official heiress.

I think Olympia would have been a goodish buy as Mrs Harry Wales.

She would marry well for her family  but not too high up where she would be severely restricted, is not sufficiently ambitious to cause much ructions in the BRF and/or "lead Harry astray", and most importantly can be controlled much more easily and without blow back to the BRF (all they need do is tell the Greeks that she is getting out of line and King Constantine himself will set her to rights).

LF dear there are enough carps in lillibet's pond. They don't need another one.

G Smiley

But better a carp than a barracuda in the grand scheme of things.
desertrose

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1756 on: May 27, 2020, 03:09:57 PM »

Who would be MC's dream candidates for Olympia's husband?
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1757 on: May 27, 2020, 03:13:56 PM »

Olympia is in her mid 20s already? Time flies. I remember her parents' wedding and the height of the Miller sister craze in the mid to late 90s.
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1758 on: May 27, 2020, 04:17:28 PM »

Olympia will marry rich. Old money would give her greater cachet than new. Her DNA will always remain royal and  her mum was from new money.

This family baffles me: they seem to have excellent family values despite the vapid image Olympia projects. Yes, it would have been better for all concerned if MC had not stuck her oar in the troubles of other Royals. Otherwise MC seems to have a solid head on her shoulders.

I am inclined to believe that a lot of what we see about this family is carefully curated, even the vapidity. It's a massive plus to this family that they have had no scandals attached to them. It is sight more than can be said about most of royalty, extant or not.

ITA. The kids (and MC) seem pretty vapid, but the family seems super close, both to each other and their grandparents, aunts/uncles, and cousins, and I don't think there's been a whiff of scandal. MC and Pavlos must have done something right because they do seem like good kids and a strong family, just shallow. I think they want to be seen as more aristocratic than they are (defunct titles and new money), thus the country house, manners book, baking and sourdough starters, and frolicking in a pond stuff we get from them.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1759 on: May 27, 2020, 04:52:30 PM »

Olympia will marry rich. Old money would give her greater cachet than new. Her DNA will always remain royal and  her mum was from new money.

This family baffles me: they seem to have excellent family values despite the vapid image Olympia projects. Yes, it would have been better for all concerned if MC had not stuck her oar in the troubles of other Royals. Otherwise MC seems to have a solid head on her shoulders.

I am inclined to believe that a lot of what we see about this family is carefully curated, even the vapidity. It's a massive plus to this family that they have had no scandals attached to them. It is sight more than can be said about most of royalty, extant or not.

ITA. The kids (and MC) seem pretty vapid, but the family seems super close, both to each other and their grandparents, aunts/uncles, and cousins, and I don't think there's been a whiff of scandal. MC and Pavlos must have done something right because they do seem like good kids and a strong family, just shallow. I think they want to be seen as more aristocratic than they are (defunct titles and new money), thus the country house, manners book, baking and sourdough starters, and frolicking in a pond stuff we get from them.

I agree they're a close knit family. Olympia is actually an attractive woman, if she's dressed normally and not all full of makeup.

MC obviously is pushing in that it-girl, fame etc. narrative, but I sometimes wonder, if she wouldn't be happier, if she followed the path of her grandmother or aunt Alexia.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1760 on: May 27, 2020, 05:44:08 PM »

Olympia is in her mid 20s already? Time flies. I remember her parents' wedding and the height of the Miller sister craze in the mid to late 90s.

She is 23. And yes, I still remember their wedding, it was quite big in the press.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
miliosr

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #1761 on: May 28, 2020, 12:52:18 AM »

I'd love to see the chapter that justifies throwing your cousin in law (who happens to be the Queen of Spain) under the bus on social media Whistle Whistle
What this incident confirmed for me is that the family is no longer serious about their decades-long quest to return to Greece as the reigning royal family. A family that was serious about such a quest would never, ever have allowed one of its members to insert herself publicly into the personal affairs of another head of state (Felipe) and his family (Letizia, Sofia). That the head of state is a close family relation is irrelevant -- a would-be head-of-state's wife should not be acting in that way, regardless of what the consensus opinion is in the Greek royal family about Letizia.
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1762 on: May 28, 2020, 01:28:44 AM »

Who would be MC's dream candidates for Olympia's husband?

Well, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't let "Grand Duke" George touch MO with a ten foot pole...

lilyrose

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #1763 on: May 28, 2020, 01:44:15 AM »

I think she will eventually end up marrying the son of a "super-rich jet-setting but unknown to the major public" family.
Like the guy Beatrice York is engaged to or the families of the Monaco kids. Never heard of them, but apparently extremely rich and in their circles.
The Liechtensteins will go for much less glamour and hoola, their future bride will be Sorbonne/ Princeton/ Yale or Cambridge educated, more nicely groomed than good looking and with a parentage to end all parentages.

I would've expected JW to marry a countess or a princess/duchess from a former reigning German house, but apparently a few years ago, it was discovered he was dating a girl from Jersey who had interned at the Liechtenstein embassy in DC. It sort of gives me Krazy Katie vibes.

Olympia, on the other hand, I definitely agree with others that she will likely marry into old money but not an aristocrat. Probably an heir to a company, not a title.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1764 on: May 28, 2020, 11:02:01 AM »

I'd love to see the chapter that justifies throwing your cousin in law (who happens to be the Queen of Spain) under the bus on social media Whistle Whistle
What this incident confirmed for me is that the family is no longer serious about their decades-long quest to return to Greece as the reigning royal family. A family that was serious about such a quest would never, ever have allowed one of its members to insert herself publicly into the personal affairs of another head of state (Felipe) and his family (Letizia, Sofia). That the head of state is a close family relation is irrelevant -- a would-be head-of-state's wife should not be acting in that way, regardless of what the consensus opinion is in the Greek royal family about Letizia.
I generally agree but IMO this works in the opposite direction, as well: If Pavlos was about to become king, i mean if we had monarchy and their titles were active, he wouldn't had married MC. IMO his choice would be someone far from the "celebrity universe" MC comes from. Most probably, he would have married someone from Greece, after generations of foreign royal brides.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1765 on: May 28, 2020, 11:36:10 AM »

I generally agree but IMO this works in the opposite direction, as well: If Pavlos was about to become king, i mean if we had monarchy and their titles were active, he wouldn't had married MC. IMO his choice would be someone far from the "celebrity universe" MC comes from. Most probably, he would have married someone from Greece, after generations of foreign royal brides.

Don't forget the money MC brought in......
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1766 on: May 28, 2020, 12:16:35 PM »

She brought the money because his title is not active. If he had an actual role, things would be completely different.

ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1767 on: May 28, 2020, 12:51:45 PM »

If they thought there was any real chance of getting back on the throne I think it unlikely Pavlos would have been allowed to marry MC. That said I think they started out more "royal" and now seem to be happy to be nothing than rich socialites. Part of that may due to social media and the fact they can no longer just put on a 'royal show' from time to time, well unless MC gets off social media.

Over time I think Pavlos and MC have recognised they are never going to get to the throne so are happy to just do what they want without having to think of peoples' opinions. In a way I can't blame them but I do think they are living rather vapid lives.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1768 on: May 28, 2020, 01:08:36 PM »

She brought the money because his title is not active. If he had an actual role, things would be completely different.

correct.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1769 on: May 28, 2020, 01:10:21 PM »

If they thought there was any real chance of getting back on the throne I think it unlikely Pavlos would have been allowed to marry MC. That said I think they started out more "royal" and now seem to be happy to be nothing than rich socialites. Part of that may due to social media and the fact they can no longer just put on a 'royal show' from time to time, well unless MC gets off social media.

Over time I think Pavlos and MC have recognised they are never going to get to the throne so are happy to just do what they want without having to think of peoples' opinions. In a way I can't blame them but I do think they are living rather vapid lives.

MC posts about her shops and such, but what is Pavlos doing for a living?
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 126   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: