Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pavlos,Marie Chantal and the children's:photos  (Read 770663 times)
periwinkle

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1860 on: July 29, 2020, 01:35:41 AM »

I don't think Pavlos or his wife are very smart but I think he must well understand at this point he will never be king. Isn't there another older man who is Crown Prince and that's it? One of these countries I can't remember. Anyway MC and Pavlos have everything they could ever want why would they want the burden of being sovereigns? Especially and I say this with affection since Greeks aren't exactly timid about expressing their feelings.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1861 on: July 29, 2020, 08:36:03 AM »

There's no way, no way ever for Pavlos to become king. Even if things on Greece go so weird, so unimaginably cruel and weird that we would end up having a king, Pavlos is cerntainly not trained for the job. He would be naive and unsuitable like his father.
TBH I don't believe that Pavlos and MC are so naive and stupid to believe they could ascend the (non-existent) throne. If they thought they had chances, they would have raised their kids here or they would have tried to teach greek to their kids or, generaly, they would have cultivated a kind of deeper connection with the country - not just coming here for summer. So, imo they always knew that there's no way for them to have any official duty in the country. Pavlos doesn't seem suitable for king but he loves his family and he knows his limits. The only thing that makes me a bit sad, is that he seems to be an accessory of his wife and that always makes me sad - seeing relationships like this.

ETA: Duke of Sparta is a nice title, although not good for Sparta, a place that has seen some trully glorious days  Grin

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1862 on: July 29, 2020, 08:37:22 AM »

There's no way, no way ever for Pavlos to become king. Even if things on Greece go so weird, so unimaginably cruel and weird that we would end up having a king, Pavlos is cerntainly not trained for the job. He would be naive and unsuitable like his father.
TBH I don't believe that Pavlos and MC are so naive and stupid to believe they could ascend the (non-existent) throne. If they thought they had chances, they would have raised their kids here or they would have tried to teach greek to their kids or, generaly, they would have cultivated a kind of deeper connection with the country - not just coming here for summer. So, imo they always knew that there's no way for them to have any official duty in the country. Pavlos doesn't seem suitable for king but he loves his family and he knows his limits. The only thing that makes me a bit sad, is that he seems to be an accessory of his wife and that always makes me sad - seeing relationships like this.

Me personally would have wanted to learn Greek, knowing the connection my family would have with the country.

onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1863 on: July 29, 2020, 08:44:40 AM »

Me personally would have wanted to learn Greek, knowing the connection my family would have with the country.

I agree and I would have felt the same for any language - if I had origins etc but I understand that for people like MC, learning a "lesser" language is beneath them... First of all, they speak english to they can talk to almost anyone they meet because other people are almost obliged to learn english. Second, even when they come in Greece, the spoke to waiters and other people that work in our tourism and all of them speak english. Third, if greek is necessary, Pavlos can handle an average vocabulary and have a conversation. Fourth, fancially Greece has nothing to offer. I mean... of course they can have benefits (for example ship owing or constructor related business) but it's clear they prefer american and british alternatives on this matter.

periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1864 on: July 29, 2020, 05:31:42 PM »

I read that Pavlos is pretty fluent in Greek because the oldest kids were raised hoping the family went back one day and that makes sense even if it doesn't read the writing on the wall. But the writing is on the wall now for Pavlos and MC's kids and they all know it. There is no throne and like onar says even if that happened they would not get the job lol. Yes it seems they prefer an Anglo American lifestyle and that's fine life is choices and their choice is Greece for summer vacay. I agree with you onar about their relationship and he is her accessory although willingly. It is funny well sad funny because we have a Greek friend here who dates a woman with a lot of money and he is her puppy but he never talks about her or brings her around because she doesn't like to spend time with his family and sons and friends but our friend will go to weddings and parties with her all over the country. But life is choices.
scarlett123

Baby Member

Philippines Philippines

Ignore
« Reply #1865 on: July 29, 2020, 06:16:56 PM »

I can't imagine them using Duke of Sparta! Did Sparta ever have dukes? I know they would usually have two Kings, but this was before Sparta fell...I'm not that well-versed in Greek history, so sorry if I am getting this all wrong!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1866 on: July 29, 2020, 06:21:45 PM »

I read that Pavlos is pretty fluent in Greek because the oldest kids were raised hoping the family went back one day and that makes sense even if it doesn't read the writing on the wall. But the writing is on the wall now for Pavlos and MC's kids and they all know it. There is no throne and like onar says even if that happened they would not get the job lol. Yes it seems they prefer an Anglo American lifestyle and that's fine life is choices and their choice is Greece for summer vacay. I agree with you onar about their relationship and he is her accessory although willingly. It is funny well sad funny because we have a Greek friend here who dates a woman with a lot of money and he is her puppy but he never talks about her or brings her around because she doesn't like to spend time with his family and sons and friends but our friend will go to weddings and parties with her all over the country. But life is choices.

Aren't the eldest two also born in Greece? If I am correct, the 3rd one Nikolaos was born approximately 2 years after the family went in exile.

All 5 children of Constantin and Anne Marie were educated at Hellenic College of London. This was a bilingual school in Knightsbridge, London. It was founded in 1980 by Constantine and Anne-Marie of Greece, and closed in 2005. As it was bilingual I assume they also picked up Greek (besides the standard English).

When I am correct in the past Pavlos and Nikolaos had good bonds with their paternal cousin Felipe of Spain and their maternal cousin Frederik of Denmark. Also because they are almost all of the same age. Felipe and Pavlos were also room or housemates at Uni in the USA. Perhaps they also picked up some Danish and or Spanish. Well, the teaching in Danish could also have come from their mother Anne Marie.

onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1867 on: July 29, 2020, 06:27:32 PM »

Oh my God, how he does it? Is he ok? i mean, really, trully, is he ok with himself? Rhetorical question, I don't expect any answer but it must be hard for you to see your friend like this. I agree, we make our choices.

I can't imagine them using Duke of Sparta! Did Sparta ever have dukes? I know they would usually have two Kings, but this was before Sparta fell...I'm not that well-versed in Greek history, so sorry if I am getting this all wrong!
Ancient Sparta had two kings, but that was in ancient times and it has nothing to do with the modern/early modern era dukedom system. In Greece, we never had "dukes" and as fas as I know, any kind of nobility title (connected with people who were in important positions in the palace) was canceled the moment the monarchy went down.

periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1868 on: July 29, 2020, 06:58:39 PM »

Well onar he says lefta lefta lefta a lot so we understand his priorities. A shame because he has a big heart but his oldest son at 25 years old is to my eyes hurting for his father's affection. He is a widower of almost 15 years and middle aged and lonely but attractive and smart so we don't understand anything. Moving on.

I never knew about the duke of Sparta title. Does the royal house have its own separate rules about these title things? I can't understand if Greece has a say why the family still uses them but maybe Denmark is also involved isn't there a nobility in Denmark?
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1869 on: July 29, 2020, 07:46:39 PM »

Well onar he says lefta lefta lefta a lot so we understand his priorities. A shame because he has a big heart but his oldest son at 25 years old is to my eyes hurting for his father's affection. He is a widower of almost 15 years and middle aged and lonely but attractive and smart so we don't understand anything. Moving on.

I never knew about the duke of Sparta title. Does the royal house have its own separate rules about these title things? I can't understand if Greece has a say why the family still uses them but maybe Denmark is also involved isn't there a nobility in Denmark?
Laughing
He has made his priorities very clear!
I'm sorry for his son! Poor kid!

As for the titles, I have no further clue. I don't think the country has any say on how to use the titles, but there will be huge reaction if Pavlos starts calling himself king. I don't believe he will go so far. He's not that ignorant. I don't think that they will ever use the Duke of Sparta title, there's no point, basically nobody knows about this title.

miliosr

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #1870 on: July 30, 2020, 01:06:47 AM »

Isn't there another older man who is Crown Prince and that's it? One of these countries I can't remember.
Are you thinking of Alexander of Serbia? He too was born as a Crown Prince (of Yugoslavia) but the monarchy in Yugoslavia fell shortly after his birth in 1945. He still uses the Crown Prince title although he mercifully confines it to Serbia instead of the former constituent parts of Yugoslavia.

Alexander presents a vivid contrast to Pavlos and Marie-Chantal. He has lived in Serbia for quite some time and is active in charitable and cultural affairs there. He's definitely been doing a lot of leg work toward reviving the monarchy in Serbia. (I'm not sure if Alexander's eldest son, Peter, is all that into the possibility of becoming King one day but the second son, Philip, seems fully onboard.)
scarlett123

Baby Member

Philippines Philippines

Ignore
« Reply #1871 on: July 30, 2020, 03:36:36 AM »

For the past few weeks I've been on an Ancient Greece/Ancient Rome binge, and the histories of the two empires are so fascinating. Of course, learned about Sparta, and wow, from King Leonidas of Sparta to... Pavlos! It doesn't seem right. Lol. Maybe he will go with another title, like Guardian of the Crown or something.
But you're right, onar, it's a different state now from its ancient origin! Are modern-day Spartans descended from the ancient ones? Because...wow!
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1872 on: July 30, 2020, 09:23:30 AM »

For the past few weeks I've been on an Ancient Greece/Ancient Rome binge, and the histories of the two empires are so fascinating. Of course, learned about Sparta, and wow, from King Leonidas of Sparta to... Pavlos! It doesn't seem right. Lol. Maybe he will go with another title, like Guardian of the Crown or something.
But you're right, onar, it's a different state now from its ancient origin! Are modern-day Spartans descended from the ancient ones? Because...wow!
Rome was an empire but Greece never was. Cities were organised as polis-kratos - meaning each town separately was acting as a state. Alexander the Great's empire is a totally different thing and cannot compare with the previous status quo. Besides, we're talking about different geographical areas in different time periods.  Smiley

As for Spartans being descended from the ancient Spartans, well, centuries have passed, conquerors have come and passed as well, so I'm not sure about the percentage of ancient Greece's DNA in our DNA today - although there was a strong tactic for Greeks to marry Greeks only but, of course, there were interracial marriages. In today's Peloponnese (in general, I don't know about Sparta specifically) there is west-european DNA because of the Franks who went there, after the 4th Crusade. Ancient Sparta was not easily accessible, so it's possible that there were not foreigners there or there were not accepted to the point that there was no interracial marriage. Furthermore, people in Sparta had kept the original ancient point up until 13th century for sure and then I'm not sure what exactly happened and how they moved to the beautiful and majestic Mystras, a trip I suggest to anyone who is going to visit Peloponnese.
The today's Sparta has been built were the ancient Sparta was, in the 19th century, in whatever remained after Michel Fourmont's brutal way to the glory (thank God he's not concidered important), who burnt and destroyed in every way possible every little and big piece of the ancient Sparta.

Back to Pavlos though, I really don't think he's going for another title. He will be Crown Prince of Greece for the rest of his life. If his kids will keep their princes titles though... I don't know and I find it interesting because the kids are far away from anything really greek, I mean coming from a country, any country, is mostly a state of mind and those kids don't have Greece in their minds. I don't blame them and I don't judge them, don't get me wrong, but I'm thinking that they may want to keep their danish titles only because those titles are valid.

scarlett123

Baby Member

Philippines Philippines

Ignore
« Reply #1873 on: July 30, 2020, 10:10:23 AM »

Rome was an empire but Greece never was. Cities were organised as polis-kratos - meaning each town separately was acting as a state. Alexander the Great's empire is a totally different thing and cannot compare with the previous status quo. Besides, we're talking about different geographical areas in different time periods.  Smiley

As for Spartans being descended from the ancient Spartans, well, centuries have passed, conquerors have come and passed as well, so I'm not sure about the percentage of ancient Greece's DNA in our DNA today - although there was a strong tactic for Greeks to marry Greeks only but, of course, there were interracial marriages. In today's Peloponnese (in general, I don't know about Sparta specifically) there is west-european DNA because of the Franks who went there, after the 4th Crusade. Ancient Sparta was not easily accessible, so it's possible that there were not foreigners there or there were not accepted to the point that there was no interracial marriage. Furthermore, people in Sparta had kept the original ancient point up until 13th century for sure and then I'm not sure what exactly happened and how they moved to the beautiful and majestic Mystras, a trip I suggest to anyone who is going to visit Peloponnese.
The today's Sparta has been built were the ancient Sparta was, in the 19th century, in whatever remained after Michel Fourmont's brutal way to the glory (thank God he's not concidered important), who burnt and destroyed in every way possible every little and big piece of the ancient Sparta.

Back to Pavlos though, I really don't think he's going for another title. He will be Crown Prince of Greece for the rest of his life. If his kids will keep their princes titles though... I don't know and I find it interesting because the kids are far away from anything really greek, I mean coming from a country, any country, is mostly a state of mind and those kids don't have Greece in their minds. I don't blame them and I don't judge them, don't get me wrong, but I'm thinking that they may want to keep their danish titles only because those titles are valid.

Thanks for this! My husband and I have been dying to go to Greece, so hopefully when this pandemic is over...

As for Pavlos' children, I'm still holding out hope that they'll gain more interest in promoting and helping Greece in the future. I follow Olympia and her brothers on Instagram but it's mostly fashion things.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1874 on: July 30, 2020, 10:52:03 AM »

Thanks for this! My husband and I have been dying to go to Greece, so hopefully when this pandemic is over...

As for Pavlos' children, I'm still holding out hope that they'll gain more interest in promoting and helping Greece in the future. I follow Olympia and her brothers on Instagram but it's mostly fashion things.
I don't have any hope for anything like this to happen and, honestly, I don't want them to. They don't have a clear image and perspectives about what is going on here, what happens, what is like to live here - even with money. Tatiana promotes the country on things she knows, things she wanted to learn about and she did. She also lives here so she has seens things, she has met people, she talks to people who live here their whole life. Pavlos' kids have no clue and imo they have no intention to learn. It's ok, no problem, just they don't do for the job.

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: