Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 151   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pavlos,Marie Chantal and the children's:photos  (Read 848742 times)
scarlett123

Baby Member

Philippines Philippines

Ignore
« Reply #1920 on: August 16, 2020, 11:06:12 AM »

They seriously don't do much for Greece, huh? Lol.
What has Greece ever done for them?

Didn't Greece, despite being in a financial pinch at the time, give the King 12 million dollars (or a similar amount) for compensation? I could be wrong though. Lol. But they do get to call themselves Prince/Princess and market products using their titles.
lynaH

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1921 on: August 16, 2020, 01:47:29 PM »

I will fall in the trap and I will answer: We gave them a title and a face in the society, so they can now brag they're royals.
They already were royal before they accepted the poisoned crown. The deposing, reinstating, installing a son in place of his father, being used as a scapegoat....
They came because they were invited, but they were never accepted or wanted. Prince Phillip's attitude is the sort that his entire family should take up. He is very loud about having no greek blood and nothing to do with Greece at all. He's expressed a desire to have nothing to do with the country.
Of course the way his family was treated was horrible, and far worse than the rest of the royal family, but I don't see why the rest of the family should feel any obligation to the country that cast them out and confiscated their property for years. Anne Marie couldn't go to her own sister's wedding because the greek government insisted.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1922 on: August 16, 2020, 01:52:08 PM »

To be fair: theyíre essentially private people. And yes, Greece did pay them off but to a certain degree thatís fair when their property was seized from them the way it was. Itís hardly that money from Greece that is funding the lifestyle of MC & co either - itís her money. Theyíre acting like many other too rich people these days. With a title of Greece yes. They could skip those and just be to Denmark but I actually think they think themselves Greek so thereís that. They might even create a little bit of interest for Greece so since they cost Greece nothing itís probably not the most horrible bargain IMO.
scarlett123

Baby Member

Philippines Philippines

Ignore
« Reply #1923 on: August 16, 2020, 02:02:05 PM »

To be fair: theyíre essentially private people. And yes, Greece did pay them off but to a certain degree thatís fair when their property was seized from them the way it was. Itís hardly that money from Greece that is funding the lifestyle of MC & co either - itís her money. Theyíre acting like many other too rich people these days. With a title of Greece yes. They could skip those and just be to Denmark but I actually think they think themselves Greek so thereís that. They might even create a little bit of interest for Greece so since they cost Greece nothing itís probably not the most horrible bargain IMO.

Thanks! I was wondering...when Olympia or the heir (I can't remember his name) have children with their future spouses, will their offsprings also have the title Prince/Princess of Greece and Denmark?
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1924 on: August 16, 2020, 02:15:14 PM »

Thanks! I was wondering...when Olympia or the heir (I can't remember his name) have children with their future spouses, will their offsprings also have the title Prince/Princess of Greece and Denmark?

I think they will do as they please. They have the right to their Danish title, the Greek one is of their own making.
desertrose

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1925 on: August 16, 2020, 02:17:31 PM »

I will fall in the trap and I will answer: We gave them a title and a face in the society, so they can now brag they're royals.
They already were royal before they accepted the poisoned crown. The deposing, reinstating, installing a son in place of his father, being used as a scapegoat....
They came because they were invited, but they were never accepted or wanted. Prince Phillip's attitude is the sort that his entire family should take up. He is very loud about having no greek blood and nothing to do with Greece at all. He's expressed a desire to have nothing to do with the country.
Of course the way his family was treated was horrible, and far worse than the rest of the royal family, but I don't see why the rest of the family should feel any obligation to the country that cast them out and confiscated their property for years. Anne Marie couldn't go to her own sister's wedding because the greek government insisted.

Did they regard themselves as Greek before the abolition of the monarchy? They were opposed to the marriages of King Alexander and Aspasia Manos or Prince Michael and Marina Karella. They continued to use prince of Denmark as part of their regular styles, unlike the Bulgarian RF (also princes of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha) or the Romanian RF (also princes of Hohenzollern).
Zazoo

Small Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #1926 on: August 16, 2020, 02:42:24 PM »

To be fair Greece never wanted a monarchy.
Iím in a dire need to dust off my memory from high school history class, so any greek poster can correct me.

The Monarchy of Greece was created by the London Conference of 1832 at which the First Hellenic Republic was abolished.
Source:wiki

Essentially the great powers (Britain,France and Russia) wanted to control the newly form state that Greece was.
 And the needed a monarchy ( an absolute control) because democracy didnít work for them considering that greeks were already fighting between  themselves and killed there first Prime minister I.Kapodistrias, one of the brightest diplomats of his time(IMO)In 1831.
1832 Otto of Bavaria was chosen but he was a minor and the regency Period made him unpopular from the beginning   
In 1862 The monarch was chosen by vote and no one wanted the title of the first runner up until the had to go to the literary last one with 6 votes.George 1st of Greece (prince of Denmark by birth)
So yeah Greeks despise the monarchy because of that but also Greece was gaining control of new areas and her islands (under official agreements) for the most part of the duration of the monarchy. And quite frankly from what I know and remember nonE of them were the strong leaders that will help to navigate through the difficulties that Greece had (economical, social and political)

The current Family are leeching in a dead title with the Miller money. I will be ashamed to use a title that none of my ancestors read work for .
My two cents 

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1927 on: August 16, 2020, 04:51:53 PM »

Iíll join you in the trap, Onar, because youíre exactly right.  Star

And Zazoo, one for you too for a good explanation of how all this came to be.  Star

Itís almost Onion-like comedy. Family with primarily Danish and German ancestry descends upon poor, backwards Greece to rule it. Then expresses amazement that the people resent them.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 05:10:58 PM by anastasia beaverhausen » Logged
lynaH

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #1928 on: August 16, 2020, 05:15:44 PM »

Iíll join you in the trap, Onar, because youíre exactly right.  Star

Itís almost Onion-like comedy. Family with primarily Danish and German ancestry descends upon poor, backwards Greece to rule it. Then expresses amazement that the people resent them.

Except that they were invited. They were asked. It happens to be because the UK forced them to have a constitutional monarch, but they didn't exactly force themselves on Greece. The Greeks were not managing ruling themselves. The international community said they have to pick a monarch. They chose a Danish Prince. Then they went on to drive him and his descendants crazy because they never wanted a monarch.  It's like a really bad arranged marriage with blame on both sides, and a really horrid divorce. And the royals are still emotionally attached to Greece, and doing charity work there, rather like an abused wife supports her husband. And Greeks still think it they have a say in how the family they threw out years ago act and live.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1929 on: August 16, 2020, 05:48:58 PM »

Except that they were invited. They were asked. It happens to be because the UK forced them to have a constitutional monarch, but they didn't exactly force themselves on Greece. The Greeks were not managing ruling themselves. The international community said they have to pick a monarch. They chose a Danish Prince. Then they went on to drive him and his descendants crazy because they never wanted a monarch.  It's like a really bad arranged marriage with blame on both sides, and a really horrid divorce. And the royals are still emotionally attached to Greece, and doing charity work there, rather like an abused wife supports her husband. And Greeks still think it they have a say in how the family they threw out years ago act and live.

They were asked quite a long time ago, and things change. But I agree that it was not a happy Union.

I understand that anecdotal evidence is incomplete, but any time Iíve ever spoken with Greeks or Greek Americans, the Ďroyalsí are either shrugged off or sent off with a ďgood riddanceĒ. Iíve never heard anyone comment on how they live.
Zazoo

Small Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #1930 on: August 16, 2020, 06:42:03 PM »

I’ll join you in the trap, Onar, because you’re exactly right.  Star

It’s almost Onion-like comedy. Family with primarily Danish and German ancestry descends upon poor, backwards Greece to rule it. Then expresses amazement that the people resent them.

As I said before Greeks never desired a monarchy, the Greek state was very young after the war of intipentence of 1825 From the ottomans empire Greece needed political and economical help in order to function.
The great powers need to control the new state it was to become their closest To the ottoman empire ally.
And so the agreement was reach 
I love Greeks but the do tent to fight between themselves and that what happened in this instance.
Who had fought for independence wanted also to govern, the problem theY didn’t know how and they were illiterate for the most part so Kapodistrias(greek that was working as a Russian diplomat)was propose But it didn’t went well as I mentioned above.
Anyhow the monarchy was seen ,IMO, the lesser of two evils at the time.
But the greek state was never stable (economically and politically) and thus the GRF inability to help sympathize and be the example of an unite front cost them more that once their positions.
I don’t think it was a arrange marriage but a force one that none of the parties wanted to work out.
I can find a lot of faults of the Greek people but not wanting to have a family of leeches that doesn’t respect and understands them it’s not one of them.

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1931 on: August 16, 2020, 07:33:19 PM »

As I said before Greeks never desired a monarchy, the Greek state was very young after the war of intipentence of 1825 From the ottomans empire Greece needed political and economical help in order to function.
The great powers need to control the new state it was to become their closest To the ottoman empire ally.
And so the agreement was reach 
I love Greeks but the do tent to fight between themselves and that what happened in this instance.
Who had fought for independence wanted also to govern, the problem theY didnít know how and they were illiterate for the most part so Kapodistrias(greek that was working as a Russian diplomat)was propose But it didnít went well as I mentioned above.
Anyhow the monarchy was seen ,IMO, the lesser of two evils at the time.
But the greek state was never stable (economically and politically) and thus the GRF inability to help sympathize and be the example of an unite front cost them more that once their positions.
I donít think it was a arrange marriage but a force one that none of the parties wanted to work out.
I can find a lot of faults of the Greek people but not wanting to have a family of leeches that doesnít respect and understands them itís not one of them.

THIS^ Star
MC & Pavlos have no use for Greece except to shove their phony titles in everyone's faces and to vacation in the sunshine. Over the years the former GRF have gained much more than the Greek people ever will from their lame attempt at bringing stability to the country. As you said Zazoo, they were too busy fighting amongst themselves and trying to stay in power to be able to show the way to peace.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1932 on: August 16, 2020, 08:01:58 PM »

I can definitely see why itís annoying that the family promotes themselves as royals from Greece when Greece has said they donít want or have royals.. but thatís also it. Itís pretty harsh to call the leeches IMO. They donít cost Greece a cent. Pavlos likely thinks himself Greek. Theyíre not very well known in the big picture. I would think there are lots of bigger fish to fry than Olympiaís dumb posing and Mcís flaunting of her own wealth.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1933 on: August 16, 2020, 08:29:23 PM »

I can definitely see why itís annoying that the family promotes themselves as royals from Greece when Greece has said they donít want or have royals.. but thatís also it. Itís pretty harsh to call the leeches IMO. They donít cost Greece a cent. Pavlos likely thinks himself Greek. Theyíre not very well known in the big picture. I would think there are lots of bigger fish to fry than Olympiaís dumb posing and Mcís flaunting of her own wealth.

ITA, I wouldn't call them leaches, MC is a modern day Dollar Princess like in the Edwardian Era. The two things that I really have a problem with is the phony use of titles (same as in Germany, Austria, etc) and when people try to hold this family up as a role model or somehow admirable. I also think they should be doing more for the less fortunate. They're annoying and a total waste of resources but they're not alone. There are definitely much bigger fish to fry. Beer
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

"Are you ok?" "No, the vulture made me cry."

Ignore
« Reply #1934 on: August 16, 2020, 08:55:57 PM »

« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 09:11:16 PM by Chandrasekhi » Logged

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard P. Feynman
http://100photos.time.com...er-starving-child-vulture
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 151   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: