Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 140   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pavlos,Marie Chantal and the children's:photos  (Read 755101 times)
BubbaGumpShrimp
Banned
Warned
Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2025 on: September 16, 2020, 05:19:10 PM »

I think it's a point of pride for them? "You took our throne, but we will always be kings and queens of Greece". Same as the DRF always making a point of referring to them by their titles as if they were real, instead of "formerly the King of Greece" or "has-beens" (okay, that last one is more wishful thinking on my part :-D ).
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2026 on: September 16, 2020, 07:56:34 PM »

I think it's a point of pride for them? "You took our throne, but we will always be kings and queens of Greece". Same as the DRF always making a point of referring to them by their titles as if they were real, instead of "formerly the King of Greece" or "has-beens" (okay, that last one is more wishful thinking on my part :-D ).

I think Marge is excused as it’s her sister and nephew and nieces we’re talking about Smiley
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #2027 on: September 16, 2020, 08:11:23 PM »

Perhaps they actually think of themselves as Greek Smiley
Perhaps they do. A fascinating read on  Christian IX of Denmark's perception of the Greek crown as thorny when it was offered to the Danes:
https://worldhistory.us/a...becomes-king-george-i.php
History is not entirely clear on why Great Britain chose Prince William of Denmark as its candidate for Greek kingship, but he was a good if not particularly obvious choice. At seventeen, he was a naval cadet at the Danish Naval Academy. As well as being young, Prince William was cheerful, charming, and exuberant, and his light personality did indeed help him weather the problems of ruling such a difficult country as Greece.
King Frederick VII of Denmark was in favor of the election, but Prince William’s father, Prince Christian, was worried about his son becoming king in such a volatile nation. So Prince Christian, who became King Christian IX of Denmark in late 1863, insisted on several conditions to make the Greek “crown of thorns” safer. He insisted that the protecting powers promise Prince William £25,000 a year if he were ever deposed. Great Britain also had to promise to give Greece the Ionian Islands, which Greece had long hoped it would do if it accepted the British candidate. And thirdly, Bavaria had to support Prince William’s election, because Prince Christian didn’t want any problems with the former king of Greece’s home country. When these conditions were settled in May of 1863, Prince Christian allowed his son to accept the throne of Greece.

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
desertrose

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2028 on: September 17, 2020, 06:11:09 PM »

Pavlos wished MC a happy birthday:

Happy Birthday to the love of my life 💕🎂 Χρόνια Πολλά 🎉🥰
desertrose

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #2029 on: September 17, 2020, 07:03:21 PM »

Pavlos wished Odysseas a happy birthday too:

Odyssea Happy Birthday 🎂🎉 Keep being who you are 😎💪🏻Χρόνια Πολλά Οδυσσέα 💙

Olympia also sent her birthday wishes:

jolene

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2030 on: September 17, 2020, 07:07:48 PM »

I'm now craving doughnuts.

periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2031 on: September 17, 2020, 07:17:00 PM »

He's a good looking kid but doesn't really look much like either parent or his siblings. Funny how genes work. Nice that mama and son share a birthday. Is this the kid whose birth nearly killed MC? I remember reading that one of her sons was a very difficult birth.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #2032 on: September 17, 2020, 07:27:25 PM »

He's a good looking kid but doesn't really look much like either parent or his siblings. Funny how genes work. Nice that mama and son share a birthday. Is this the kid whose birth nearly killed MC? I remember reading that one of her sons was a very difficult birth.

Yes its him.
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2033 on: September 17, 2020, 09:01:46 PM »

Yes its him.
Oh wow. What happened?
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #2034 on: September 17, 2020, 09:05:32 PM »

Yes its him.
Oh wow. What happened?

From what I remember, MC had him in a private clinic not a hospital. She had complications which resulted in extreme blood loss but the clinic did not have enough blood or right type of blood and she nearly died.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2035 on: September 17, 2020, 09:14:38 PM »

Yes its him.
Oh wow. What happened?

Per MC - from a interview she gave to Vanity Fair (Feb 2008):

...What only a handful of guests knew was that Marie-Chantal had nearly died giving birth to Odysseas. “It all went wrong,” she told me later. “I lost a lot of blood, and they didn’t have blood, because it was a private clinic, not a proper hospital. It was pretty hairy. I finally got the blood four hours later. It was very difficult, because it was just the two of us. His parents weren’t there. My parents weren’t there. But it was a turning point for us. We both grew up.”

gem

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #2036 on: September 18, 2020, 12:37:43 AM »

That's scary and awful
Gemsheal

Small Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #2037 on: September 18, 2020, 01:15:45 PM »

What is going on in that 1991 pic of MC? 

Wait.  I don't think I want to know 

What a strange photo to put out there though.  The rich really are different as Scott Fitzgerald said! 

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2038 on: September 18, 2020, 06:35:23 PM »

What is going on in that 1991 pic of MC? 

Wait.  I don't think I want to know 

What a strange photo to put out there though.  The rich really are different as Scott Fitzgerald said! 

I don’t think that’s her hand on the other lady’s chest, but yeah it’s a weird photo.
desertrose

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #2039 on: September 20, 2020, 08:31:59 PM »

Olympia posted a picture of Aristide:
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 140   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: