Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 142   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pavlos,Marie Chantal and the children's:photos  (Read 757474 times)
Aquan

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1830 on: July 17, 2020, 03:16:52 AM »

It's interesting looking at pix of Pavlos and MC's kids that you can see a lot of MC (and her mother), but very little resemblance to Pavlos' side. Pavlos and his brothers and sisters all look like blends of their parents, but not the next generation.
gem

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1831 on: July 17, 2020, 04:19:41 AM »

I agree
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1832 on: July 17, 2020, 03:26:48 PM »

Her blouse matches the shape of the flowers, peonies, I think. But she looks like she can barely stand him touching her. What a strange picture to post.

Maybe she thinks she doesn't photograph well smiling. I am sympathetic to that perception because I myself look deranged when I smile in pictures so I try to keep my face neutral but end up looking like I despise everything and everyone.

We often had fun with my mom, she simply finds it hard to smile in pictures. When she encouraged to smile you get many funny faces. She off course can smile, but one way or another it doesn't get through on pictures.
desertrose

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1833 on: July 19, 2020, 08:00:10 PM »

Olympia posted a picture from Copenhagen:
desertrose

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1834 on: July 19, 2020, 10:55:06 PM »

An interview with Olympia on British Vogue's website:
https://www.vogue.co.uk/m...olympia-of-greece-couture
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1835 on: July 19, 2020, 11:37:03 PM »

I remember their wedding and it bring a very big show. The date was picked because the Queen and Prince Phillip were available that day. QM sailed over in the Dannebrog and held a party on the yacht. Robert Miller footed the entire bill and a Olympia was born the next year. Mary wasn’t in the picture , Ingrid was still alive as was Diana and also my mom Sad. Wow does time fly.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1836 on: July 19, 2020, 11:50:43 PM »

I wouldn't want to swim in the middle of a major city...  I won't even go in the water at Santa Monica or Newport.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1837 on: July 20, 2020, 11:47:40 AM »

I wouldn't want to swim in the middle of a major city...  I won't even go in the water at Santa Monica or Newport.

The water in the port of Copenhagen is clean and approved for swimming. We have several official port swimming places too.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1838 on: July 20, 2020, 12:40:03 PM »

So is the water at Santa Monica and Newport --but I used to work for the government agency that treated sewage, and I know where it goes after treatment:  in to the ocean off Santa Monica.  So, I still wouldn't swim in a port, no matter what the government says.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1839 on: July 20, 2020, 01:06:19 PM »

So is the water at Santa Monica and Newport --but I used to work for the government agency that treated sewage, and I know where it goes after treatment:  in to the ocean off Santa Monica.  So, I still wouldn't swim in a port, no matter what the government says.

Countries are different. It’s not the government in charge of the water in Denmark but they check up on the councils that are. Also AFAIK there’s another layer of control with EU standards. If you like bathing you’d miss out applying US standards to the Danish sea water quality control.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1840 on: July 20, 2020, 01:08:25 PM »

I agree with Celia.
Here we have many places suitable for swimming in big cities but I don't go there. it can't be really clean when the sewerage is so close, even if there are no factories etc to polute the water. Actually, where I live now there is such a place inside the city but I don't go swimming there. The sewerage is one thing, the trash that comes from all the boats is another, because that place is passage for many boats, big or small. Not to mention that there are cases that permission for swimming is given because of marketing or commercial reasons, so the water is not really suitable.

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1841 on: July 20, 2020, 01:11:27 PM »

Well, in Copenhagen you’d miss out then.

Countries are different. Good thing to remember on a board with multiple nationalities Wink
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1842 on: July 20, 2020, 01:19:20 PM »

So is the water at Santa Monica and Newport --but I used to work for the government agency that treated sewage, and I know where it goes after treatment:  in to the ocean off Santa Monica.  So, I still wouldn't swim in a port, no matter what the government says.

Countries are different. It’s not the government in charge of the water in Denmark but they check up on the councils that are. Also AFAIK there’s another layer of control with EU standards. If you like bathing you’d miss out applying US standards to the Danish sea water quality control.

Indeed, but besides the EU level / standards, there are still differences in approach by the various EU countries.

F.e.  Rijkswaterstaat and the water boards are the water managers in the Netherlands. Among other things, they ensure that there is sufficient water. And that the country is protected against flooding. In addition, provinces and municipalities are also involved in water management.

Rijkswaterstaat and the water boards are both governmental institutes, but at different levels. These regional water authorities, the water boards, are among the oldest forms of local government in the Netherlands, some of them having been founded in the 13th century.

But besides that, the Netherlands need coorperation with among others Germany, Belgium and France. Because if they deposit in the major rivers as the Rhine, Meuse etc. this will end up in the Netherlands.

And according to the official sites of the Dutch gouvernment:

The quality of bathing water is generally good. The provinces designate the official swimming spots in the Netherlands. During the swimming season (from May 1 to October 1), the relevant province checks the water at these swimming spots every 14 days. Is the bathing water not clean and safe enough? Then the province can institute negative swimming advice or a swimming ban.

Mainly because of shipping, swimming in the rivers or in certain places in the sea can be dangerous. For example if you swim in the fairways or do not pay attention to the currents.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 01:25:55 PM by Principessa » Logged
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1843 on: July 20, 2020, 01:24:45 PM »

Countries are different. Good thing to remember on a board with multiple nationalities Wink
That;s absolutely true.
Also, each of us has different standards so we choose different things.

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1844 on: July 20, 2020, 01:47:16 PM »

That;s absolutely true.
Also, each of us has different standards so we choose different things.

For sure. But choosing based on misfitting standards make for potentially unwitting choices.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 142   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: