Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 142   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pavlos,Marie Chantal and the children's:photos  (Read 757499 times)
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1845 on: July 20, 2020, 06:03:27 PM »

Well, in Copenhagen you’d miss out then.

Countries are different. Good thing to remember on a board with multiple nationalities Wink
That;s absolutely true.
Also, each of us has different standards so we choose different things.

For sure. But choosing based on misfitting standards make for potentially unwitting choices.

That's true as well!

Lady Em

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1846 on: July 20, 2020, 07:40:04 PM »

Olympia posted a picture from Copenhagen:

I'm curious... are their children citizens of Great Britain or the U.S.A.? I was just wondering because right now, Americans are not being welcomed into the E.U., Canada, etc. due to the pandemic.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1847 on: July 20, 2020, 08:07:48 PM »

I think they have at least two passports each.  US and UK.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #1848 on: July 20, 2020, 08:27:42 PM »

I think they have at least two passports each.  US and UK.

Pavlos also has a Danish passport.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1849 on: July 20, 2020, 08:33:20 PM »

AFAIK they all have Danish passports.
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1850 on: July 20, 2020, 09:59:55 PM »

Is that water even warm?

It's actually a nice picture.
Gemsheal

Small Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #1851 on: July 21, 2020, 06:11:47 PM »

Olympia posted a picture from Copenhagen:

I'm curious... are their children citizens of Great Britain or the U.S.A.? I was just wondering because right now, Americans are not being welcomed into the E.U., Canada, etc. due to the pandemic.

Well, that's the excuse they're using   Wink Wink

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1852 on: July 21, 2020, 06:34:33 PM »

An interview with Olympia on British Vogue's website:
https://www.vogue.co.uk/m...olympia-of-greece-couture

Why are they referring to her as Princess....when the Greek monarchy was abolished in 1973? I read that The Greek royal family is a branch of the House of Glücksburg that reigned in Greece from 1863 to 1924 and again from 1935 to 1973. After 1973 it was done with the titles at least in Greece.

I guess they can use their titles in Denmark and UK with no major significance. I wonder what happens if (well one day) Constantine passes away...at the moment Pavlos still carries the title of CP, but once his dad passes, he cannot become "king", non?!?

onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1853 on: July 21, 2020, 06:45:13 PM »

Why are they referring to her as Princess....when the Greek monarchy was abolished in 1973? I read that The Greek royal family is a branch of the House of Glücksburg that reigned in Greece from 1863 to 1924 and again from 1935 to 1973. After 1973 it was done with the titles at least in Greece.

I guess they can use their titles in Denmark and UK with no major significance. I wonder what happens if (well one day) Constantine passes away...at the moment Pavlos still carries the title of CP, but once his dad passes, he cannot become "king", non?!?

it would be ridiculous if he'll start using "king" as a title and I'm sure it would bring big reaction here. Of course, there are monarchists that would start calling him king and would be "your majesty" in his instagram account. I really can't stand some comments there.

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1854 on: July 21, 2020, 07:57:28 PM »

They are still entitled to their “prince/princess to Denmark” titles, I think, so they can remain meaninglessly titled for as long as they want Beer
scarlett123

Baby Member

Philippines Philippines

Ignore
« Reply #1855 on: July 28, 2020, 04:01:44 AM »

So I assume Pavlos' son, who doesn't seem at all involved with anything in Greece (?), won't be styled Crown Prince?

it would be ridiculous if he'll start using "king" as a title and I'm sure it would bring big reaction here. Of course, there are monarchists that would start calling him king and would be "your majesty" in his instagram account. I really can't stand some comments there.
lynaH

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #1856 on: July 28, 2020, 05:10:18 AM »

So I assume Pavlos' son, who doesn't seem at all involved with anything in Greece (?), won't be styled Crown Prince?

I think the protocol for deposed monarchs is that King and Crown Prince are held for life by those who held them while on the throne. The Crown Prince does not become King when his father dies and his son never becomes Crown Prince. He instead takes some sort of title like Duke of Braganza or Comte de Paris to show he is the head of the family and would be king if restored to the throne.
The Greeks will probably use Duke of Sparta.
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1857 on: July 28, 2020, 04:22:31 PM »

So when Constantine passes will he still be Crown Prince? Or just Prince? Because there is no crown! Smiley
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1858 on: July 28, 2020, 05:03:11 PM »

I think the protocol for deposed monarchs is that King and Crown Prince are held for life by those who held them while on the throne. The Crown Prince does not become King when his father dies and his son never becomes Crown Prince. He instead takes some sort of title like Duke of Braganza or Comte de Paris to show he is the head of the family and would be king if restored to the throne.
The Greeks will probably use Duke of Sparta.

I hadn't heard about the possibility of use a Duke title once Constantine passes - very interesting, thanks for sharing!
miliosr

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #1859 on: July 29, 2020, 01:20:17 AM »

So when Constantine passes will he still be Crown Prince? Or just Prince? Because there is no crown! Smiley
Pavlos will retain his title of Crown Prince until his death but it will be a vestigial one. As there is no throne to succeed to, the Crown Prince will remain as an artifact from his birth. He will look ridiculous if he tries to style himself as 'King of Greece' or 'King of the Hellenes' after Constantine dies. Greece has been a republic since 1974.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 142   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: