Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MH17 -  (Read 1628 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« on: June 19, 2019, 02:39:45 PM »

MH17:

Today, June 19, four men were charged with shooting down Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 over Ukraine. Presented in the Netherlands

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48691488

The NOS blog about the press conference and related, in Dutch:
https://nos.nl/liveblog/2...tappen-tegen-rusland.html

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 05:32:12 PM »

This afternoon the MH17 disaster, 5 years later, was remembered at the National Monument in the Netherlands:

https://www.nu.nl/binnenl...nument-in-vijfhuizen.html

"MH17 disaster commemorated at National Monument in Vijfhuizen

The MH17 disaster was officially commemorated on Wednesday afternoon at the National Monument MH17 in Vijfhuizen, North Holland. During the commemoration, among others, Prime Minister Mark Rutte gave a speech and relatives laid flowers at the monument.

Piet Ploeg, the chairman of Stichting Vliegramp MH17, spoke on behalf of the relatives and opened the memorial, in which around twelve hundred people were present. "We look back on the past five years on a day like today, a period in which a lot has happened; in our personal lives and in the world around us."

In his speech, Ploeg considered, among other things, the ongoing criminal investigation, the realization of the monument and making new memories together.

"Five years sound like 'it's been five years ago', but I know that for many it feels like just five years ago. The lack remains great; the confrontation with that terrible time in 2014 also remains great. Five years also brings be aware that you can go back to normal life and there is room for other things. "

Rutte admires patient's relatives

Prime Minister Rutte expressed his admiration for the patience of the relatives during the investigation into who can be held responsible for the MH17 disaster. "Today I want to express my deep respect and gratitude for the courage and patience with which you walk this path."

"The feeling is that this must happen quickly, while the mind prescribes care," said Rutte. "Because the road to justice runs through tenacity and unity, through self-control and controlled emotion."

He added to continue "that way" with all that is in us "on that road."

"We have grown up, you have remained small"

After the Prime Minister's speech, the names of the 298 victims of the air disaster were read. It caused a lot of emotions with the relatives.

At the place where the names were read, there are 298 trees. They were planted in 2016 by relatives of the victims. Sunflowers are in bloom around the memorial. The seeds of the flowers come from the field in Ukraine, where the device crashed.

After a minute of silence had been held around 3.20 pm, the time that the plane crashed in 2014, brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces and friends told about their memories of the young victims of the disaster.

"We have grown, only you have remained small," one of the young relatives said in tears.

Grapperhaus and Blok also present

It is the fifth time that the 298 victims who were on the downed plane in 2014 have been commemorated.

Prime Minister Rutte was not only present at the commemoration. Minister of Justice and Security, and Minister of Foreign Affairs Grapperhaus, among others, were also present on behalf of the government.

In addition, there were also Khadija Arib (chairman of the Lower House), Fred Westerbeke (chief prosecutor), Wilbert Paulissen (head of the international JIT investigation team), Pieter-Jaap Aalbersberg (National Coordinator for Counterterrorism and Security) and Jeroen Dijsselbloem (chairman of the Dutch Investigation Council for Security) at the commemoration…."
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 05:38:17 PM »

https://nos.nl/video/2293...htoffers-voorgelezen.html

"Survivors commemorate victims MH17, all victims read aloud

The private memorial was in Vijfhuizen, where for two years there has been a special memorial forest for the 298 victims."

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 11:44:09 AM »

The MH17 trial has started today in the Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61FbFDgzY80
https://www.courtmh17.com/en/live-stream.html

"...Russia says Australians falsified evidence from MH17 wreckage as trial begins of men accused of shooting down aircraft.."
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 03:46:25 PM »

Today, July 17, 2020 it is already 6 years ago that MH17 crashed in the Ukraine. It is in general assumed the plane was shot out of the air by a rocket (BUK rocket).And this year the process against the supposedly suspects (who aren't present at court, but safe in sound in Russia and East of Ukraine; rebelterritority). will continue.

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...tilte-nog-krachtiger.html

MH17 commemoration with hardly any next of kin: 'Minute silence even more powerful'

The MH17 National Monument in Vijfhuizen commemorates the air crash in Ukraine for the sixth year. For the first time, there were hardly any relatives present: because of the corona virus, there were only four board members of the Stichting Vliegramp MH17 and a trumpet player who played the Last Post. Others were able to follow the ceremony digitally.

Prime Minister Rutte addressed the surviving relatives in a video message. He spoke of a disaster that feels like yesterday and pointed out the importance of commemoration. Unfortunately, implementation this year is different because of the coronavirus, he said.

"But I am convinced: that does not lessen the connection. And it makes the one minute of silence even more powerful," said Rutte. "For it is precisely in the austerity of this ceremony that we get to the core. And the names of your lost loved ones sound louder than ever."

During the ceremony, the names of all victims were mentioned (RED see te videoclip in the linked article)

Chairman Piet Ploeg of the Stichting Vliegramp MH17 agreed with this. "Although we can't touch each other, we're still together," he said in a speech.

Ploeg looked back at the beginning of the lawsuit against the MH17 suspects and spoke of a special and important year. He appreciated the work of the international research team, but also called it difficult for survivors to be constantly confronted with painful information.

Three other board members of the foundation then read the names of the victims of the disaster. The Last Post and a minute of silence followed.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 07:33:15 PM »

I cannot believe that’s been 6 years wow!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: