Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gordon Lightoot has died  (Read 1101 times)
Lady Liebe

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: May 02, 2023, 05:39:15 PM »

Gordon Lightfoot died Monday at a hospital in Toronto, age 84. He was one of my favorite folk singers, Sundown, Carefree Highway, If You Could Rea my Mind and so many others.

The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald will conjure up a cold stormy November day in Cleveland wherever or whenever I hear it, and all the uncertainty and rumors until the shipwreck was located.

Rest in peace, troubadour.

https://www.cleveland.com...erald-dies-at-age-84.html
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 06:33:06 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

It doesn't matter how old you get, buying snacks for a road trip should always look like an unsupervised 9-year-old was given $100.

Anonymous
Athena

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2023, 07:29:53 AM »

^ Beautifully put, Lady Liebe.

Gordon Lightfoot wrote some beautiful songs, with a lightness and delicacy of melody and lyrics somehow.

It was a special time to be growing up and hearing those songs for the first time.

A 2:42 brief news summary here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5EOHTb1Ajo
Lady Liebe

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023, 05:04:12 PM »

48 years ago today the Edmund Fitzgerald, heading for Cleveland, sank in a storm on Lake Superior 17 miles N to NW of Whitefish Bay.

Remembering the 29 souls who perished with the ship, and Gordon Lightfoot who memorialized them forever.

It doesn't matter how old you get, buying snacks for a road trip should always look like an unsupervised 9-year-old was given $100.

Anonymous
Paulina

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2023, 05:28:43 PM »

Star LL

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome Paris - paraphrased)
PruNordstrom

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2023, 03:37:56 AM »

"If you could read my mind love, what a tale my thoughts could tell ..."

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: