Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV series / shows have you been watching lately?  (Read 227214 times)
fruela

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #1020 on: July 18, 2021, 01:42:45 PM »

Anything a bit worth watching.
 Bordertown, Season 3: so grey, cold, weird, crude,  and sometimes incomprehensible. Karri and daughter Janina, so very odd. Different weather and vision of life, I would say.
McDonalds and Dodds, located in Bath,  just for fun.
Canadian Coroner ...  Jenny Cooper whispering to the corpses " I'm here with you, you are not alone."  Crazy And a serial killer haunting her all the time  Crazy
Austrian Schnell ermittelt . The main character is somewhat...very curt. And her ex-mother-in-law is always in the background, not appreciated but taking care of your children her way.
French Tandem : police chief, whose daughter is a  police commander with  her ex- under her command. Crazy. One thing about some of these French series: I'm fed up with legends and myths.
Crime in Paradise. Ok. But I can't understand why any British inspector should always wear a warm jacket and tie on a caribbean island. Entertaining.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1021 on: July 18, 2021, 03:47:20 PM »

Not a TV show but a movie: Blinded by the Light, by the same director who did Bend It Line Beckham.

A totally charming and insightful movie about two young outsiders, Pakistani and Sikh, in England in the 80s, who love and identify with Bruce Springsteen’s music.

Apparently Springsteen loved the film and allowed his music to be used.

How did I get there? I heard an interview with Springsteen on Terry Gross, Fresh Air, and was intrigued with his comments. So I then listened to his entire audio book memoir on my 3 hour daily commute. It took two weeks to listen to! I highly recommend it. He’s funny, poignant, driven, smart, deals with debilitating depression, honest, and has an incredible way with words and turn of phrase.

So I found the movie Blinded by the Light. Am now listening to Springsteen albums in order, finding I know more of his songs then I realized just from airplay since the 80s.

Anyone else here a Springsteen fan? I can’t believe I’m just discovering him. I mean, I’d heard his music forever, just didn’t pay close attention until now.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1022 on: July 18, 2021, 05:46:30 PM »

Not a TV show but a movie: Blinded by the Light, by the same director who did Bend It Line Beckham.

A totally charming and insightful movie about two young outsiders, Pakistani and Sikh, in England in the 80s, who love and identify with Bruce Springsteen’s music.

Apparently Springsteen loved the film and allowed his music to be used.

How did I get there? I heard an interview with Springsteen on Terry Gross, Fresh Air, and was intrigued with his comments. So I then listened to his entire audio book memoir on my 3 hour daily commute. It took two weeks to listen to! I highly recommend it. He’s funny, poignant, driven, smart, deals with debilitating depression, honest, and has an incredible way with words and turn of phrase.

So I found the movie Blinded by the Light. Am now listening to Springsteen albums in order, finding I know more of his songs then I realized just from airplay since the 80s.

Anyone else here a Springsteen fan? I can’t believe I’m just discovering him. I mean, I’d heard his music forever, just didn’t pay close attention until now.

Not a die hard fan, but a fan.  His voice always sounded very rough to me, but The Big Man (Clarence) on the sax drew me in.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1023 on: July 18, 2021, 09:30:28 PM »

Once again I feel so behind the 8 ball when it comes to popular culture. The sax playing by Clarence is amazing. Bruce's voice is rough, but his lyrics are great. I am so late to the table!!
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1024 on: July 19, 2021, 12:29:15 AM »

Once again I feel so behind the 8 ball when it comes to popular culture. The sax playing by Clarence is amazing. Bruce's voice is rough, but his lyrics are great. I am so late to the table!!

Yes, he’s a lot like Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan. Not the best singers but absolutely fantastic songwriters and they are deservedly revered for it.
Mariola

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #1025 on: July 29, 2021, 07:00:02 PM »

I have discovered Ted Lasso and I love it (and him)!
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1026 on: August 15, 2021, 06:07:42 AM »

Just finished Netflix Outer Banks with my teens. They’ve both seen both seasonal already but rewatched with me. It’s so good! Teen thriller with plot twists and turns and fairly good acting all around.

My kids were all, “Mom, you’re not breathing! Do we need to pause it so you can catch your breath?”

It has pacing like a John Grisham novel or movie. Yeah, John Grisham meets Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys something ish.

Anyone here seen Outer Banks?
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1027 on: August 15, 2021, 08:57:26 PM »

That does sound good!  I've not watched Outer Banks but am curious about it now!  Thumb up

I just subscribed to BritBox and would welcome any recommendations for British tv shows or series!
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1028 on: August 16, 2021, 05:43:31 PM »

Watched the ending of ``White Lotus'' on HBO last night. The first episode made it clear that someone would die during the series. It wasn't who I had suspected!
Mariola

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #1029 on: August 16, 2021, 07:35:33 PM »

Watched the ending of ``White Lotus'' on HBO last night. The first episode made it clear that someone would die during the series. It wasn't who I had suspected!

I have watched the first episode yesterday. I was not sure of it but will try at the least one more.

Does any body here watch 'Physical'?

Also I posted about Ted Lasso and how much I enjoy  but the second series is really not so good.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1030 on: August 17, 2021, 08:42:04 PM »

Anyone else saw the new BBC "docu" about the Boleyns? I thought, it was quite interesting.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1031 on: August 23, 2021, 01:47:35 AM »

The Beverly Hillbillies was originally entilted The Hillbillies of Beverly Hills.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyQdet0T6Sk
Aubiette

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1032 on: August 23, 2021, 02:00:08 PM »

Just finished Netflix Outer Banks with my teens. They’ve both seen both seasonal already but rewatched with me. It’s so good! Teen thriller with plot twists and turns and fairly good acting all around.

My kids were all, “Mom, you’re not breathing! Do we need to pause it so you can catch your breath?”

It has pacing like a John Grisham novel or movie. Yeah, John Grisham meets Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys something ish.

Anyone here seen Outer Banks?

We’re watching it now. 5 or 6 episodes in. I like it so far.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1033 on: September 09, 2021, 12:15:08 AM »

Anybody watched Clickbait on Netflix?  I'm not sure if it's worth sticking with.
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1034 on: September 09, 2021, 01:33:08 AM »

Anyone seen Manifest?

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: