Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV series / shows have you been watching lately?  (Read 95606 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: March 10, 2019, 04:51:02 PM »

Derry Girls season 2 just started in the UK and it's as hilarious as ever.  I seriously love Sister Michael.

That one really grew on me. The one episode in Season 1 where they all go on vacation in two cars was hilarious.

I’m glad there’s a second season!
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: March 10, 2019, 04:57:06 PM »

As someone asked specifically for a German series, I do just quote myself:

I can also highly recommend Babylon Berlin (Netflix).
Set in Berlin in spring/summer 1929, the series was made made based on the novels of a German author, Volker Kutcher.

It's a crime series, but given location and time, it's also kind of history series. The actors are, with some exceptions, rather unknown, but brilliant.

It's the so far most expensive non-english TV series ever produced, and it shows. Costumes and locations are simply wonderful, and you get totally in the mood of the roaring twenties short before, well, what we call the Black Friday, but was actually the Black Thursday in the US (Oct 24, 1929), the begin of the first world economic crisis.
That time was obviously much more wicked than the flower power generation would believe ...

So you have sex, and crime, and Commies, and Russians; you have poverty and incredible wealth, you have music and dancing, and two wonderful main characters, a police inspector and his assistant (during the day) who doubles as a high class hooker during the night.
It has reminiscence at Fritz Langs Metropolis and will most probably be the first German production since Das Boot which will have a worldwide success.
Sure I have no idea how the English dubbing is, as I watched the original German production, but I loved it.

I won't get into the details with the plot, but only say that it is addicting.

I have meanwhile convinced my boyfriend to try "The Crown", and we are on season 2. Unexpectedly, he likes it as well (he symphatises much with Philip),
although it does neither feature his usual preferences of either suspense, battles (no matter what age, he loved The Last Kingdom just as much as any WWII series), narcos (heck, we've been through all of them, Escobar, Cali, Chapo ... - the "Narcos Columbia" was great just because huge parts were NOT synchronised, but left in Spanish with subtitles, helps a lot to refresh ones Spanish!) or intelligence (the likes of "Berlin Station").
I like "The Crown", although I am really disappointed about the jewelry - they could have done so much better. There are rhinestone duplicates on sale which look much better than their "replicas".

Then, I am really waiting for the new season of "Casa de Papel" (Money Heist), which was addicting as well - and obviously the most-watched non-English language series ever on Netflix.
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: March 10, 2019, 05:26:19 PM »

Just starting watching Derry Girls as well, thank you Netflix.
When you get to the end of the first series, go onto You Tube and search for the final scene. Apparently the non-UK version has a different song dubbed over the scene and it doesn't make sense. It's probably to do with song rights, but it's worth seeing the scene as it's meant to be.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: March 11, 2019, 04:59:07 AM »

Tin Star on amazon prime. First season was good
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: March 15, 2019, 02:23:37 AM »

Downton Abbey actor Jim Carter has received an OBE for services to drama. The 70-year-old, who is known for playing butler Charles Carson in the beloved period drama, was honoured by Prince Charles at Buckingham Palace during the investiture ceremony on Thursday. Following the service, the British star happily posed for photos alongside his wife, Harry Potter actress Imelda Staunton.

Read:  www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/2019031470884/downton-abbey-jim-carter-receives-obe/

My SIL watched Downton on the 'big' TV every week, relegating my brother to the 'other' TV.' He knew he shouldn't interrupt but sometimes he did near the end of the episode and was made to watch until it ended. This is one of the two characters (and actors) that my brother remembers from Downton Abbey. When SIL asks him about social arrangements, his answer is 'What would Carson do?'
The other actor he remembers from the show is Hugh Bonneville. (No surprise there.)

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
nyetochka

Baby Member

Croatia Croatia

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: March 15, 2019, 09:24:06 PM »

Fantastic spanish medieval mistery;Seville, 16th century. During a terrible plague epidemic, the corpses of several murdered people are found, as an omen of the end of the world. Seville was one of the main cities of the Western world. Known as the Great Babylon, it was home to people of all races, where fifty different languages were spoken, and all the gold from America arrived into its port. It was one of the smelliest, most beautiful cities in the world, and the setting for this unique, character- driven thriller.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5868826/

La Peste, or The Plague.
genegal43

Big Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: March 16, 2019, 06:09:34 PM »

I'm on a Power Rangers kick now and I discovered Korean Dramas: The Great Seodunk and Dong Yi.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: March 30, 2019, 06:47:29 PM »

Just finished the last season of Vikings and tital waste of time they shouldend it with Ragnar death

Lord Gn

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: March 30, 2019, 07:01:59 PM »

I missed the third part of Malkovich's Poirot last night, so I'll watch it after dinner.  As an Agatha Christie fan, I'm feeling a bit disappointed but...
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: April 01, 2019, 04:20:45 AM »

DCI Vera Stanhope, Luv  serie\s

I adore that series 

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: April 01, 2019, 06:37:50 PM »

I recently watched and loved the second series of Icelandic thriller 'Trapped', but my favourite thing on tv right now by a country mile?

The Great British Sewing Bee!

Currently visualizing my highest self
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: April 01, 2019, 10:51:29 PM »

I adore that series 

G Smiley
I watch it as well, although I haven't watched season 9 so far, but it's a good series.

getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: April 02, 2019, 02:43:00 AM »

I adore that series 

G Smiley
I watch it as well, although I haven't watched season 9 so far, but it's a good series.

Hug

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: April 02, 2019, 06:39:55 PM »

I'm currently watvhing Scandal, I'm on season 4 these days.
It's quite good for a soap opera and i really wanted a soap opera, I have missed the drama!
The thing is that the president of the US seems to be such an a**hole and annoying guy, he wants it all to be done his way and he can't see beyond this, he treats other people like they belong to him and Olivia seems pretty stupid and naive when it comes to their relationship. When it comes to these two, the show seems a little boring to me.
Reveng was a soap opera I really enjoyed and the main female character wasn't stupid and naive at all. She was really intelligent, she knew her flaws, she had actually real relationships with the people around her.

Lord Gn

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: April 02, 2019, 07:00:50 PM »

DCI Vera Stanhope, Luv   serie\s

I adore that series  

G Smiley
Yes. I've seen two or three seasons  and am looking forward to the next one.  I've loved the actress ever since Secrets and Lies.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: