Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV series / shows have you been watching lately?  (Read 142546 times)
Lord G°n

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: May 18, 2019, 07:08:09 PM »

Is it just me, or was tonightís GOT just 5 minutes of plot spread out over an hour of gratuitous fanfic? Bleh.

I must be the only person here who has never watched it . . . I'd rather see the HGTV Real Estate shows - can't believe how comparatively "cheap" housing is in some parts of the US. In Sydney the average house price is over $1M - and the market is in decline from what it was 18 months ago.

You're not. I once watched about five minutes thought...What the heck...and turned it off.

Same with Harry Potter.
Can't understand the fuss about these two.

That is another one I never saw - or read the books either . . .

Well then, welcome to the club!  Beer

Hug

Save a seat for me, I've never read or watched Harry Potter... and I'm a librarian...

Count me in as well.

Read one Harry Potter book and was unimpressed. Never bothered to watch the films.
A bean bag will do,can I join? I read  1st HP  book and saw the film. Enough. I've never watched GOT and I don't intend to.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: May 18, 2019, 11:27:25 PM »

freethespoon, yes, yes, YES on everything you said.

I will wake up at 4 a.m to watch it one last time, more as a tradition than believing that they will magically save the show that has turned into an illogical battlefield for misandry vs. misogyny.

I'm a member of a Reddit sub that knows how it ends.  Disappointing is the most polite word I can use.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: May 18, 2019, 11:43:01 PM »

I will wake up at 4 a.m to watch it one last time, more as a tradition than believing that they will magically save the show that has turned into an illogical battlefield for misandry vs. misogyny.

I'm a member of a Reddit sub that knows how it ends.  Disappointing is the most polite word I can use.

Well, thatís not surprising. Must be an HBO thing, because the endings of The Sopranos and True Blood were also disappointing.
queen_v

Baby Member

Bulgaria Bulgaria

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: May 19, 2019, 01:28:45 AM »

A fellow r/freefolk-er? Beer

I really hope that such fate won't  happen to Westworld which has been going strong untill now and was the reason I found aboit Thandie Newton.
Even before this mess I found it more engaging and challenging compared to GoT and the fact that there are no books involved really helps concentrating on the series and not comparing it.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: May 19, 2019, 12:24:51 PM »

Cheers to the r/freefolk who never kneel!  Beer

You can call me TrollSpoon.
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: May 21, 2019, 12:26:04 AM »

The Sound Track for this season was awesome!

Well, there were predictions that they would melt the Iron Throne...

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: May 21, 2019, 12:28:12 AM »

Despite the last seasons being extremely poorly written, I'll miss the show and it was indeed bittersweat. It had epic scenes and equally WTF moments.

lothwen

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: May 21, 2019, 12:53:06 AM »

I was okay with how things ended, I was just disappointed with how they arrived to that ending. I think they should have had 10-12 episodes for the final season
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: May 21, 2019, 01:44:53 AM »

Apparently HBO is piloting a prequel, set 5,000 ish years before the current story.

genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: May 21, 2019, 01:48:31 AM »

I was okay with how things ended, I was just disappointed with how they arrived to that ending. I think they should have had 10-12 episodes for the final season

Star  I think once everyone calms down, that will be the general consensus.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: May 23, 2019, 04:30:35 AM »

Going to drop this here because I don't know where else to put it.
It's about a TV show, sort of.

The official Downton Abbey  movie trailer. In theaters September 20.
https://youtu.be/tu3mP0c51hE

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: May 24, 2019, 07:39:56 PM »

Currently watching OUR PLANET.

Amazing HD pictures & scenery, fantastic music choices. Interesting commentary (the original English version spoke by Attenborough himself, the German version spoken by Christian BrŁckner i.e. Robert de Niro's "German voice", the Spanish is done by Salma Hayek).

Has 8 episodes, each dedicated to one special habitat. It's the first nature documentary done by Netflix, and you see that they spent tons of money and lots of time filming it and that the production has much love for details.
I've seen the first 4 episodes right now, and am already looking forward to the next when time allows.

You'll get to know animals you've never heard of before - this guy here, for example

is a Peripatus, living in tropic jungles. He kills bigger prey by shooting at them from a distance with a kind of glue ...

And you'll see amazing bird courtship behaviour - I was totally in awe when I saw the dance of the Western Parotia, a bird of paradise living in Papua New Guinea.
That's him, but you definitely need to see him IN ACTION to understand what I mean.

He's in episode 3.

Verdict: HIGHLY recommended series  Thumb up.

The trailer gives a good & short impression on what to expect
https://youtu.be/0BQAPjyrf0U
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 07:52:25 PM by Kaiserin, Reason: Trailer link added » Logged
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: May 25, 2019, 05:18:24 PM »

Going to drop this here because I don't know where else to put it.
It's about a TV show, sort of.

The official Downton Abbey  movie trailer. In theaters September 20.
https://youtu.be/tu3mP0c51hE

The excitement of Downton Abbey returning is the only thing that off sets my bitterness at the ending of Game of Thrones.
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Salvia microphylla 'Hot Lips'

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: May 25, 2019, 07:55:19 PM »

Currently watching OUR PLANET.

...And you'll see amazing bird courtship behaviour - I was totally in awe when I saw the dance of the Western Parotia, a bird of paradise living in Papua New Guinea.
That's him, but you definitely need to see him IN ACTION to understand what I mean.

He's in episode 3.

Verdict: HIGHLY recommended series  Thumb up.

The trailer gives a good & short impression on what to expect
https://youtu.be/0BQAPjyrf0U

Star Kaiserin, I love bird courtship. Mr Bird of Paradise puts on a dazzling show! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX40mBb8bkU

Sir David also narrated a segment for BBC One discussing bower bird displays https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1zmfTr2d4c
lothwen

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: May 25, 2019, 08:12:47 PM »

Iíve been re-watching Golden Girls on Hulu. Pretty sure Iíve seen every episode at least 20 times
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: