Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 56   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV series / shows have you been watching lately?  (Read 140083 times)
Yvonne

Small Member

Ethiopia Ethiopia

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: January 01, 2020, 03:30:47 PM »

Derry Girls is great, I love the first series. They are on Celebrity Bake Off this week.
I tried to watch this series on Prime called Romanoff and the first episode was ok but by the end it started to get really bad so I just stopped it.
Finished The Crown and wasnít a fan of the new cast.
Iíve tried to get into the American version of The Office and I swear I must have something wrong with me because I like the memes and screenshots I see online but I find the actual show very hard to get into. Iíve actually not found anyone who didnít like the show and have been told several times on social media when I mention how Iím not a big fan that I must not have sophisticated humour to pick up on the nuances. So thereís that...
Also watched a few episodes of Bobís Burgers but didnít instantly love it.
Feel like Iím having a bad run with TV shows!

I couldn't finish the Crown, really boring.
I am in general interested in the Romanovs but haven't seen good movies about them. Good to know that Romanoff isn't that good so I won't waste my time. There's the Last Czars on Netflix now, I wonder if it's a good one.

If you like something crazy, season two of "You" just dropped. Penn Badgley is great in it.

Everyone I know is crazy about this one! I have it in my list on Netflix, but haven't started watching yet.

I binge watched the Witcher the other day and though the beginning was boring and confusing, I got to love it and am looking forward to the next season. I was surprised to find out Henry Cavill stars as Geralt, I didn't recognise him, which is perhaps good as I don't like him.
evilgrapefruit

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: January 01, 2020, 03:48:54 PM »

Derry Girls is great, I love the first series. They are on Celebrity Bake Off this week.
I tried to watch this series on Prime called Romanoff and the first episode was ok but by the end it started to get really bad so I just stopped it.
Iíve tried to get into the American version of The Office and I swear I must have something wrong with me because I like the memes and screenshots I see online but I find the actual show very hard to get into. Iíve actually not found anyone who didnít like the show and have been told several times on social media when I mention how Iím not a big fan that I must not have sophisticated humour to pick up on the nuances. So thereís that...

I am in general interested in the Romanovs but haven't seen good movies about them. Good to know that Romanoff isn't that good so I won't waste my time. There's the Last Czars on Netflix now, I wonder if it's a good one.

If you like something crazy, season two of "You" just dropped. Penn Badgley is great in it.

Everyone I know is crazy about this one! I have it in my list on Netflix, but haven't started watching yet.

I binge watched the Witcher the other day and though the beginning was boring and confusing, I got to love it and am looking forward to the next season. I was surprised to find out Henry Cavill stars as Geralt, I didn't recognise him, which is perhaps good as I don't like him.

I love The Witcher too, I have never played the game and know nothing about it but once I figured out what was going on, it was great and Henry Cavill is good in it, I only ever liked him in The Tudors and none of his recent stuff, but in this 

I also just binged watched You series 2, which I really enjoyed, it is disconcerting that I feel sympathy for him!

I have also dredged up some old shows I have never seen before - 'Bitten' about werewolves, which was ok and 'The Originals' about Vampires, also ok.

I am contemplating watching Virgin River but Martin Henderson looks so old in the preview clip of it, which makes me feel so old because I remember him as a teenager in the NZ soap Shortland Street.
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: January 01, 2020, 03:52:15 PM »

I love The Witcher too, I have never played the game and know nothing about it but once I figured out what was going on, it was great and Henry Cavill is good in it, I only ever liked him in The Tudors and none of his recent stuff, but in this 

I also just binged watched You series 2, which I really enjoyed, it is disconcerting that I feel sympathy for him!

I have also dredged up some old shows I have never seen before - 'Bitten' about werewolves, which was ok and 'The Originals' about Vampires, also ok.

I am contemplating watching Virgin River but Martin Henderson looks so old in the preview clip of it, which makes me feel so old because I remember him as a teenager in the NZ soap Shortland Street.

I haven't seen this yet, but a couple of friends really enjoyed it! Both said they watched it all in a weekend.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: January 02, 2020, 10:27:59 AM »

I haven't seen this yet, but a couple of friends really enjoyed it! Both said they watched it all in a weekend.

I'm afraid I didn't warm to "Derry Girls".  Not sure why, we just didn't 'click'. 

As for "The Crown", I didn't enjoy Olivia Coleman as QEII as much as Claire Foy, but probably prefer Tobias Menzies' Philip to Matt Smith's.

I saw "The Last Czars" and though it had some some problems I thought it was very interesting and worth watching.  An unusual mix of documentary and drama.

Just finished watching the second season of "You" this morning.  Fascinating stuff.  I loved "Dexter" too so I guess I have form with this sort of show and character.

Thoroughly enjoyed "Virgin River".  It has been renewed for a second season so I'm looking forward to that.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: January 02, 2020, 11:11:34 AM »

I'm afraid I didn't warm to "Derry Girls".  Not sure why, we just didn't 'click'. 

As for "The Crown", I didn't enjoy Olivia Coleman as QEII as much as Claire Foy, but probably prefer Tobias Menzies' Philip to Matt Smith's.

I saw "The Last Czars" and though it had some some problems I thought it was very interesting and worth watching.  An unusual mix of documentary and drama.

Just finished watching the second season of "You" this morning.  Fascinating stuff.  I loved "Dexter" too so I guess I have form with this sort of show and character.

Thoroughly enjoyed "Virgin River".  It has been renewed for a second season so I'm looking forward to that.

Isn't that based on the books by Robyn Carr.... some of those still on my very large TBR pile.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: January 02, 2020, 09:29:07 PM »

Schitts Creek. Love, love, love it.

Future Crayon says de-escalate
Yvonne

Small Member

Ethiopia Ethiopia

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: January 02, 2020, 09:56:42 PM »

I'll try "The Last Tsars" then. From what I've seen in the trailer, the clothing is gorgeous, so at least there's that to see, along with documentary parts Smiley
Tobias is one of my favourite actors and I was not happy to see them in the Crown - he is a fantastic actor, and there're others in the series that are great, but the feeling I have from it is not good, I just can't watch it. Probably because of Coleman, too. Something's really wrong.
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: January 02, 2020, 11:48:07 PM »

Ohhh yes. I tried watching a few years ago and didnít like the first episode, but I tried again this summer and fell in love with it!
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: January 02, 2020, 11:51:52 PM »

Thanks for the reminder!  I noticed there are some episodes on Netflix that I haven't seen yet.  A very funny show but I need to adjust my mindset to the mood of it to fully enjoy it.  When I first saw it I started watching from the beginning so gradually got to know everyone and the story.  Venturing straight into that mob of odd people and their world after a long can be a bit of a shock to the system! :D
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: January 03, 2020, 12:00:16 AM »

Isn't that based on the books by Robyn Carr.... some of those still on my very large TBR pile.

Yes.  I haven't read any of the books but it pleases me to know there is a series of them because that means there are already lots of stories written for the characters and we might have more seasons.  It's light stuff but very entertaining IMO.  I like the lead actress and the other cast members are good and quite well-known. 
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: January 03, 2020, 12:27:13 AM »

Finished Derry Girls and want more of it, and am now watching London Irish, with some of the same people. There IS a lot of drinking. I thought Irish drinking was a stereotype, not an actual type? Beer Beer Beer
BassChick

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #686 on: January 03, 2020, 10:39:31 PM »

Finished a rewatch of "Star Trek/Voyager"  I've seen it several times, but I didn't remember the ending at all.   Blink

Binged season three of "The Crown" on Netflix.  I wasn't crazy about it.  I like the actors playing Lord Snowden and Princess Anne.  Olivia Colman, I just don't know; they have her looking so harsh, and her eye color is so wrong.  I found her distracting. 
lyndell75

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #687 on: January 04, 2020, 05:22:13 AM »

The Witcher  Thumb up
Victoria all 3 seasons

cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: January 04, 2020, 08:11:59 AM »

Witcher  was really good
Reading the books now which are really good but start dragging about book four
evilgrapefruit

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: January 04, 2020, 08:41:58 AM »

I succumbed to Virgin River and watched the whole thing in about 2 days: actually it was nice to see a focus on a romance with slightly 'older' but not geriatric characters, although I was shouting at the tv for them to hurry up and kiss already!
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 56   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: