Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 67   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV series / shows have you been watching lately?  (Read 202649 times)
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: January 04, 2020, 12:04:46 PM »

Schitts Creek. Love, love, love it.

Ohhh yes. I tried watching a few years ago and didnít like the first episode, but I tried again this summer and fell in love with it!

It starts out this standard fish out of water sitcom and by the end, it's just lovely and heartwarming and the whole David and Patrick storyline had me in tears

Cool your jets, everyone
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: January 04, 2020, 04:10:05 PM »

I succumbed to Virgin River and watched the whole thing in about 2 days: actually it was nice to see a focus on a romance with slightly 'older' but not geriatric characters, although I was shouting at the tv for them to hurry up and kiss already!

I started Thursday and Iím almost done! Itís like a really good Hallmark movie - quite a bit of drama but with better acting and character development.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: January 04, 2020, 05:37:06 PM »

For some reason Iím on a tear with GB and Ireland shows, which started with Downton Abbey (so late to that table!). Last night I watched a Scottish movie called The Angelís Share, about thugs turning their lives around via a whiskey heist. A sort of comedy, but poignant.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: January 04, 2020, 09:50:02 PM »

The Witcher. Surprisingly good.

Now watch Dracula, from BBC/Netflix. Awesome! The dnish actor playing Dracula, Claes Bang, is brilliant.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Aubiette

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: January 04, 2020, 10:37:15 PM »

Now watch Dracula, from BBC/Netflix. Awesome! The dnish actor playing Dracula, Claes Bang, is brilliant.

Oh I’ll have to check that out. Thanks.
I’ve only made it through 2 episodes of The Witcher so far. I’m not going to give up on it yet, but hubby is done. 
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: January 05, 2020, 12:46:37 AM »

Anyone watching This Is Us? A family expecting triplets, and the third one dies, adopts a baby of another race who was abandoned at the firehouse the same night. It skips back and forth in time from Vietnam war  to now and every time in between, so sometimes I have to watch it more than once to pick up every thing. Great show.
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: January 05, 2020, 12:48:10 AM »

People who loved and were crushed by the ruin of Game of Thrones, as I was, have suggested the Witcher to me as well. I will give it a look see. Always in favor of Count Dracula too!
evilgrapefruit

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: January 05, 2020, 07:10:56 AM »

Anyone watching This Is Us? A family expecting triplets, and the third one dies, adopts a baby of another race who was abandoned at the firehouse the same night. It skips back and forth in time from Vietnam war  to now and every time in between, so sometimes I have to watch it more than once to pick up every thing. Great show.

Yes I am gradually working my way through it. I feel as though I end up crying every episode because I find it moving, so I watch in small doses. I think I have just started season 2. It is so well written and acted I can't understand how I missed it before because I think it has been around a few years.
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: January 05, 2020, 08:26:18 AM »

Yes I am gradually working my way through it. I feel as though I end up crying every episode because I find it moving, so I watch in small doses. I think I have just started season 2. It is so well written and acted I can't understand how I missed it before because I think it has been around a few years.

I LOVE This is Us! I struggle to watch it here in Australia, I guess it just hasnít caught on here, so free-to-air TV has been bad at showing it (and because its network TV, its not available online until its released, many months later!). So i have watched up to the end of S3, will wait and see if Channel 10 pick it up, otherwise it will be September before I see the next season.
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: January 05, 2020, 08:27:36 AM »

Oh Iíll have to check that out. Thanks.
Iíve only made it through 2 episodes of The Witcher so far. Iím not going to give up on it yet, but hubby is done. 

Yeah, it takes 3 or 4 episodes before it ďclicksĒ and starts making sense, we started slowly then binged the last 3 eps!
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: January 05, 2020, 08:28:11 AM »

New season of Call the Midwife starts here tomorrow 
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: January 05, 2020, 08:31:17 AM »

I succumbed to Virgin River and watched the whole thing in about 2 days: actually it was nice to see a focus on a romance with slightly 'older' but not geriatric characters, although I was shouting at the tv for them to hurry up and kiss already!

Glad it wasn't just me!  Grin
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: January 05, 2020, 05:04:04 PM »

I watched a documentary called Border last night from 2018 about Irish locals along the border wondering about a hard or soft border post Brexit, including a car ferry service that only got off the ground in 2006. I donít  know why Iím so concerned about that area right now. Lots of other problems to be concerned about worldwide. Probably because peace there seemed to be working and now decisions have been made with seemingly little thought to an area that has had a very hard time for a very long time.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: January 05, 2020, 05:16:00 PM »

I genrally love restoring houses, I like preserving old buildings, the aesthetics, the architecture, the history behind a building so I'm very excited because I recently discover the "Rehab addict" series with Nicole Curtis. I love it and I've watched a tone of episodes the last few days!

Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: January 05, 2020, 09:37:08 PM »

Also saw a show about the conservation efforts for the Scottish wildcat, whose numbers may only be between 30-low 100s now. Save all feline predators. All are endangered, though perhaps not the western US Mountian lion, one of which was spotted in a San Francisco neighborhood last year. Scottish wildcat is beautiful and features in old Celtic stories.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 67   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: