Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV series / shows have you been watching lately?  (Read 137584 times)
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #795 on: May 31, 2020, 03:43:48 PM »

I binged Little Fires Everywhere last weekend. I enjoyed the book, but didn’t really get the fuss about it. I also knew Reese was producing, and starring, and I really couldn’t see her as Elena.

BUT..... O. M. G. - this has to be the rare occasion when the show is better than the book! I LOVED it. In the book, the character of Mia is quite ambiguous, but casting Kerry Washington and making the character African-American was just genius! I read an interview with the author, where she said she always pictured Mia this way, but didn’t feel qualified to write her voice.

And I now think Reese was absolutely perfect, and this is possibly some of her best work ever!

Especially given the current situation, if you’re interested in the issues of race, privilege and motherhood, I highly recommend!
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #796 on: May 31, 2020, 05:01:15 PM »

I binged Little Fires Everywhere last weekend. I enjoyed the book, but didn’t really get the fuss about it. I also knew Reese was producing, and starring, and I really couldn’t see her as Elena.

BUT..... O. M. G. - this has to be the rare occasion when the show is better than the book! I LOVED it. In the book, the character of Mia is quite ambiguous, but casting Kerry Washington and making the character African-American was just genius! I read an interview with the author, where she said she always pictured Mia this way, but didn’t feel qualified to write her voice.

And I now think Reese was absolutely perfect, and this is possibly some of her best work ever!

Especially given the current situation, if you’re interested in the issues of race, privilege and motherhood, I highly recommend!

I'll have to check it out! I felt the same way about the book - it wasn't bad, but definitely didn't live up to the hype for me so I was kind of on the fence about the show.
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #797 on: June 01, 2020, 09:34:13 PM »

Finished two eps of the Epstein doc. Ugh. It's much worse than I imagine. That creep and Ghislaine (however you spell it) are horrid. I hadn't dived into the whole Epstein issue. I didn't realize that it's a complete mystery of how he made his billions.
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #798 on: June 01, 2020, 11:43:47 PM »

Last episode of The Good Fight is about Epstein and it is just brilliant

Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #799 on: June 01, 2020, 11:47:54 PM »

The Snowpiercer is amazing too!

getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #800 on: June 02, 2020, 12:52:16 AM »

Finished two eps of the Epstein doc. Ugh. It's much worse than I imagine. That creep and Ghislaine (however you spell it) are horrid. I hadn't dived into the whole Epstein issue. I didn't realize that it's a complete mystery of how he made his billions.

Can you tell me the link or name of this series you've watched please? I like to watch it too

can anyone recommend a good spy series I can watch pls? foreign or English no matter.

ta

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #801 on: June 02, 2020, 12:56:46 AM »

Can you tell me the link or name of this series you've watched please? I like to watch it too

can anyone recommend a good spy series I can watch pls? foreign or English no matter.

ta

G Smiley

Your wish is my command Geta!  Hug

Check out “Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich” on Netflix
https://www.netflix.com/t.../80224905?s=i&trkid=0
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #802 on: June 02, 2020, 02:23:28 AM »

Episode three they talk about Prince Andrew.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #803 on: June 02, 2020, 02:38:20 AM »

ta

G Smiley

Your wish is my command Geta!  Hug

Check out “Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich” on Netflix
https://www.netflix.com/t.../80224905?s=i&trkid=0

thank you dear friend  Hug   Star

and one  Star  to Jolene

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #804 on: June 02, 2020, 03:14:32 AM »

On ep four. They get more into Andrew and Virginia. Wow, these women are so brave. It can't be said enough. Virginia is a BA.

Edited to add that I wish they delved into the aftermath regarding Ghislaine. Will she ever be taken to trial?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 04:24:13 AM by jolene » Logged
Picar

Micro Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #805 on: June 10, 2020, 01:34:56 PM »

On ep four. They get more into Andrew and Virginia. Wow, these women are so brave. It can't be said enough. Virginia is a BA.

Edited to add that I wish they delved into the aftermath regarding Ghislaine. Will she ever be taken to trial?

You know I was wondering myself..... If she has lawyers "representing her", how can they claim they don't know where she is? How is it she can get away with it just like that?
Picar

Micro Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #806 on: June 10, 2020, 01:38:17 PM »

I did the same and loved it. ( I haven't read the book though, had no clue Mia was not black in the book.)

Then I watched Epstein's Filthy Rich.... Now I feel a bit "series hungry"!!! Secret
Mariola

Micro Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #807 on: June 20, 2020, 05:08:33 PM »

I finished with The Good Place S4 at last. I worried about the ending in case it will be sugary but it is very very good. Ted Danson has the best comic timing but also the series has pathos.
Étoile

Baby Member

France France

to thine own self be true

Ignore
« Reply #808 on: June 20, 2020, 10:45:39 PM »

Recently, I watched Unorthodox and the performance by Shira Haas as Esty is breathtaking. I definitely recommend this series. 

"In pursuit of self-determination, a young woman, Esty leaves her ultra-orthodox Hasidic Jewish community in New York City after an arranged marriage to start a new life in Berlin. But just as she starts to find her own way, the past begins to catch up with her."

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zVhRId0BTw
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #809 on: June 22, 2020, 09:43:37 AM »

Recently, I watched Unorthodox and the performance by Shira Haas as Esty is breathtaking. I definitely recommend this series.  

"In pursuit of self-determination, a young woman, Esty leaves her ultra-orthodox Hasidic Jewish community in New York City after an arranged marriage to start a new life in Berlin. But just as she starts to find her own way, the past begins to catch up with her."

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zVhRId0BTw

interesting!
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: