Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV series / shows have you been watching lately?  (Read 142525 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #825 on: July 05, 2020, 04:31:47 PM »

Mad Men.

I love that show.  I've watched it twice, and yesterday I ordered it on DVD.  Can't wait to see that Amazon box arrive! 

I'm still watching Classic Doctor Who (I'm on the Fifth Doctor), and Star Trek TNG.

I've started a rewatch of the original Upstairs Downstairs.  I've watched it so many times, and I keep coming back, but I don't know why because I don't really like any of the characters.  What keeps drawing me to this show???  Crazy  I tried watching the new version, but I didn't like it at all. 

I liked the emphasis on the downstairs characters.  They were far more interesting to me. I especially liked Thomas and Sarah.

I didn’t care for the newer version either.
lynaH

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #826 on: July 05, 2020, 10:12:41 PM »

I just discovered Dad's Army, after reading it was rated 4th best  british sitcom of all times. It's hilarious. I read it was the Queen Mum's favorite and I believe it. It seems so her type.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #827 on: July 06, 2020, 08:36:02 AM »

I just discovered Dad's Army, after reading it was rated 4th best  british sitcom of all times. It's hilarious. I read it was the Queen Mum's favorite and I believe it. It seems so her type.

Dad's Army is genius
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #828 on: July 06, 2020, 09:19:10 AM »

Dad's Army is genius

Haven't seen it for a while, but it seems very British humour to me.

The past year I had a lot of fun with (a currently former) colleague of mine about Blackadder.
Étoile

Baby Member

to thine own self be true

Ignore
« Reply #829 on: July 07, 2020, 09:07:39 PM »

I am re-watching Patrick Melrose which was so heartbreaking. Remarkable performances by Benedict Cumberbatch and Sebastian Maltz.

'' This show dissects the English upper class. Edward St. Aubyn offers his watchers the often darkly funny and self-loathing world of privilege as we follow Patrick Melrose's story of abuse, addiction, and recovery from the age of five into early middle age."

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSc4lg-b3ME
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #830 on: July 08, 2020, 10:38:02 AM »

I am re-watching Patrick Melrose which was so heartbreaking. Remarkable performances by Benedict Cumberbatch and Sebastian Maltz.

'' This show dissects the English upper class. Edward St. Aubyn offers his watchers the often darkly funny and self-loathing world of privilege as we follow Patrick Melrose's story of abuse, addiction, and recovery from the age of five into early middle age."

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSc4lg-b3ME

Ooooh, I recently encountered the trilogy books, on which the series is based, at a local street library. I have it at home, but somewhere on my very huge TBR pile.
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #831 on: July 10, 2020, 04:27:43 PM »

Has anyone been watching Mrs America? It started in the UK this week and I have it recorded, I just wondered if anyone had seen it yet?

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #832 on: July 11, 2020, 10:42:52 PM »

Currently watching season 2 of turkish drama "Hercai", the show is based on the bestseller novel in Turkey,i already read the novels (two partie) and i find them far better than the show.. Still i recommande it especially you can find the show in English, Spanish and Arabic...the story is about a man seeking revenge for his father death...... alot of drama and romance

lilyrose

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #833 on: July 12, 2020, 04:28:29 AM »

Amazing to me how these Turkish shows have episodes that are a minimum of two hours! Shocked It's like watching a feature length movie every single week with your favorite characters!
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #834 on: July 12, 2020, 06:04:51 AM »

Amazing to me how these Turkish shows have episodes that are a minimum of two hours! Shocked It's like watching a feature length movie every single week with your favorite characters!

yup. as Marx said, they're opium for the masses  Wink

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Rita

Ginormous Member

Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #835 on: July 12, 2020, 10:03:28 PM »

The odd thing turkish films are nit more than 1h30 
I read a while that actors complained about how hard shoting for 2 hours's  episode.

Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #836 on: July 15, 2020, 04:08:24 PM »

I just discovered “The Office.” (I’d heard about it but didn’t have time in those years).

From the NYT that lands in my inbox each morning:

People still love ‘The Office’
Few TV fan groups are as dedicated as viewers of “The Office,” a show that ended seven years ago but remains a huge streaming hit. Now the obsession has spread into podcasting. A new show — “An Oral History of the Office,” hosted by Brian Baumgartner, who played Kevin — released its first episodes yesterday. Another podcast — “Office Ladies,” in which the actors Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey relive each episode — is one of the five most popular in the world, according to Chartable.

Why? “Fans still come up to ‘The Office’ stars expressing thanks for the show as a source of normalcy,” The Times’s Phoebe Lett, who recently interviewed Fischer and Kinsey, told us. “It helps that the cast does still seem, even after all these years, like a big, wacky family.”
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #837 on: July 15, 2020, 04:44:03 PM »

I just discovered “The Office.” (I’d heard about it but didn’t have time in those years).

Few TV fan groups are as dedicated as viewers of “The Office,” a show that ended seven years ago but remains a huge streaming hit. Now the obsession has spread into podcasting. A new show — “An Oral History of the Office,” hosted by Brian Baumgartner, who played Kevin — released its first episodes yesterday. Another podcast — “Office Ladies,” in which the actors Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey relive each episode — is one of the five most popular in the world, according to Chartable.

Why? “Fans still come up to ‘The Office’ stars expressing thanks for the show as a source of normalcy,” The Times’s Phoebe Lett, who recently interviewed Fischer and Kinsey, told us. “It helps that the cast does still seem, even after all these years, like a big, wacky family.”

I probably watch the whole series all the way through once a year (if not twice), and if it's on, I'll sit down to watch. The earlier seasons are better than the last few IMO but it's like comfort food in the form of a show for me. Hope you enjoy it!
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #838 on: July 17, 2020, 01:08:31 AM »

I probably watch the whole series all the way through once a year (if not twice), and if it's on, I'll sit down to watch. The earlier seasons are better than the last few IMO but it's like comfort food in the form of a show for me. Hope you enjoy it!

Me too CJT!  I have it on rotation with Parks and Recreation, Corner Gas and Schitts Creek.
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #839 on: July 17, 2020, 07:46:29 AM »

Me too CJT!  I have it on rotation with Parks and Recreation, Corner Gas and Schitts Creek.

Awww. That’s how I feel about Friends. The Office will go into that good old comfort tv. Like Bewitched. I need to see Parks and Rec now.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: