Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV series / shows have you been watching lately?  (Read 147427 times)
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #840 on: July 17, 2020, 05:13:19 PM »

I just introduced my husband to "Grace and Frankie" and we are doing a binge watch together. Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston. Laugh out loud funny.
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #841 on: July 17, 2020, 05:36:34 PM »

I just discovered “The Office.” (I’d heard about it but didn’t have time in those years).

From the NYT that lands in my inbox each morning:

People still love ‘The Office’
Few TV fan groups are as dedicated as viewers of “The Office,” a show that ended seven years ago but remains a huge streaming hit. Now the obsession has spread into podcasting. A new show — “An Oral History of the Office,” hosted by Brian Baumgartner, who played Kevin — released its first episodes yesterday. Another podcast — “Office Ladies,” in which the actors Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey relive each episode — is one of the five most popular in the world, according to Chartable.

Why? “Fans still come up to ‘The Office’ stars expressing thanks for the show as a source of normalcy,” The Times’s Phoebe Lett, who recently interviewed Fischer and Kinsey, told us. “It helps that the cast does still seem, even after all these years, like a big, wacky family.”

I probably watch the whole series all the way through once a year (if not twice), and if it's on, I'll sit down to watch. The earlier seasons are better than the last few IMO but it's like comfort food in the form of a show for me. Hope you enjoy it!

Me too CJT!  I have it on rotation with Parks and Recreation, Corner Gas and Schitts Creek.

Awww. That’s how I feel about Friends. The Office will go into that good old comfort tv. Like Bewitched. I need to see Parks and Rec now.

Parks and Rec did a really great coronavirus special a few months ago! It was fun to catch up with the characters and they handled the different characters' separations in some pretty clever ways.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #842 on: July 17, 2020, 08:42:48 PM »

Love Frankie and Grace! Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda are awesome on it. And I love they talk about real older lady issues.
Étoile

Baby Member

to thine own self be true

Ignore
« Reply #843 on: August 06, 2020, 10:36:50 PM »

Oooh! The Night Manager. Tom Hiddleston and Hugh Laurie were BRILLIANT!

Pine, an ex-British soldier, is hired by an intelligence officer as a covert operative. He is tasked with infiltrating the inner circle of Roper, a secret arms dealer and also his lover's killer.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-ZcaKdvML8
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #844 on: August 07, 2020, 12:59:32 AM »

I just introduced my husband to "Grace and Frankie" and we are doing a binge watch together. Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston. Laugh out loud funny.

I love Grace and Frankie! And the entire cast.

Just saw Apocalypse Now for the first time. Martin Sheen looked so youngggg, he looked just like Emilio Estevez, his son.

Worth seeing: Jane Fonda in Fun with Dick and Jane. She's a great comedienne. As is Lily.
Mariola

Micro Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #845 on: August 10, 2020, 02:16:35 AM »

I have just been watching on the BBC a film called The Australian Dream about Adam Goodes (a player of AFL) and the racism he suffered because of being an Indigenous person and because he dared to make a stand. You do not need to know anything of AFL but it was fantastic and frightening and sad. I also watch the very wonderful Miriam Margolyes (binge-watched 3 episodes of Almost Australian). It is also excellent, as she is: funny, educational and also sometimes sad. I think you can find it on Dailymotion if you do not have BBC.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #846 on: August 12, 2020, 10:52:59 AM »

I have just been watching on the BBC a film called The Australian Dream about Adam Goodes (a player of AFL) and the racism he suffered because of being an Indigenous person and because he dared to make a stand. You do not need to know anything of AFL but it was fantastic and frightening and sad. I also watch the very wonderful Miriam Margolyes (binge-watched 3 episodes of Almost Australian). It is also excellent, as she is: funny, educational and also sometimes sad. I think you can find it on Dailymotion if you do not have BBC.

One movie about racism that made an impression on me was about a South African woman which predominantly takes place in the Apartheid period. The movie is named Skin (made in 2008), about  Sandra Laing, a South African woman born to white parents, who was classified as "Coloured" during the apartheid era, presumably due to a genetic case of atavism.Overall the white ruling class didn't see her as white enough, while for many colored South Africans she wasn't colored enough. In time she has her "description" at the government changed, from white to colored. A.o. to be able to marry a colored SA.

About the movie:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin_(2008_film)

About Sandra Laing:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandra_Laing

jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #847 on: August 12, 2020, 04:18:37 PM »

Finished "Selling Sunset" season three on Netflix.
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #848 on: August 12, 2020, 04:22:36 PM »

Trevor Noah’s stand up specials are good. He addresses race and South Africa in a funny and moving way.

Just saw another Irish comedy, Sing Street. Adorable. Takes place in 1985, so the soundtrack is good. Accents were not so strong, so I didn’t need subtitles  this time.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #849 on: August 18, 2020, 08:29:54 AM »

Has anyone watch the british tv show Liar?
It seems very strange scenario, as I read it on wikipedia, but partly I'm curious to watch it. However, according to the plot seems to be just another drama.

Étoile

Baby Member

to thine own self be true

Ignore
« Reply #850 on: September 19, 2020, 02:35:13 PM »

I am very much looking forward to this.

After an au pair’s tragic death, Henry hires a young American nanny to care for his orphaned niece and nephew who reside at Bly Manor with the chef Owen, groundskeeper Jamie and housekeeper, Mrs. Grose.

Trailer: https://youtu.be/cxeiY2W03Mc
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #851 on: September 19, 2020, 06:39:29 PM »

Band of Brothers

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #852 on: September 19, 2020, 10:13:55 PM »

Lillyhammer
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #853 on: September 19, 2020, 10:33:53 PM »

Band of Brothers

Fantastic series!  I try to watch it every year around Memorial Day.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: