Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV series / shows have you been watching lately?  (Read 163155 times)
Astrid

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #885 on: January 03, 2021, 10:32:59 AM »

I really liked „Ethos“ on Netflix. It‘s charming, well played and full of insight.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #886 on: January 03, 2021, 04:07:23 PM »

AB, about 25 years ago, the Duke and I were in  Aspen, Colorado skiing. We were sitting next to these two lovely Yorkshire men at the Jerome Hotel bar one night, one  of them named Jim. After about 45 minutes of conversation, it came out that they were from what is called 'Darrowby' in the books. I rave on for another 15 minutes and get to  did you know Mr Herriot? Jim Wight says to me "Yes, he was my Dad." I literally burst into tears. Which is probably why he didn't tell me earlier.  A few years ago he wrote a real life memoir of  the family story https://www.amazon.com/Re...moir-Father/dp/0345434900

I have that book!  And Darrowby was actually Thirsk, right? 
Rita

Ginormous Member

Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #887 on: January 03, 2021, 05:49:51 PM »

Just finished the Rise of Empires: Ottoman, wich talks about Mohammed the Conqueror and  the fall of Constantinople, i love those Docudramas  first i watched the Roman empire and i liked and now the Ottoman empire,i hope they will do something about the Moorish empires in Morocco

Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #888 on: January 04, 2021, 12:28:53 AM »

AB, about 25 years ago, the Duke and I were in  Aspen, Colorado skiing. We were sitting next to these two lovely Yorkshire men at the Jerome Hotel bar one night, one  of them named Jim. After about 45 minutes of conversation, it came out that they were from what is called 'Darrowby' in the books. I rave on for another 15 minutes and get to  did you know Mr Herriot? Jim Wight says to me "Yes, he was my Dad." I literally burst into tears. Which is probably why he didn't tell me earlier.  A few years ago he wrote a real life memoir of  the family story https://www.amazon.com/Re...moir-Father/dp/0345434900

I have that book!  And Darrowby was actually Thirsk, right? 
Indeed!
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #889 on: January 04, 2021, 12:30:46 AM »

Watching "Bridgerton" on Netflix. It's a sexier version of Jane Austen era based on the Julia Quinn series.

What do you think of it? I'm through two episodes and I just don't get the hype yet Secret I'll probably finish but I've had several friends watch it all in one day and I just don't feel like it's interesting enough for that.
I read the book series and liked it, but I'm also watching for the costumes, jewels, beautiful sets, etc. Didn't like that Marina is around. She's not even mentioned until book 5 and only in a prologue.

Oh, that's interesting about Marina - she seemed kind of shoe-horned into the story for no good reason. I agree about the costumes, jewelry, and sets. Those are the real treat in shows like this! I like the music as well.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #890 on: January 04, 2021, 05:54:14 AM »

Just finished the Rise of Empires: Ottoman, wich talks about Mohammed the Conqueror and  the fall of Constantinople, i love those Docudramas  first i watched the Roman empire and i liked and now the Ottoman empire,i hope they will do something about the Moorish empires in Morocco

sorry rita, shouldn't that be Mehmet the conqueror?  Thinking

I've never heard him referred to like that...unless it is someone else? Confused

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Rita

Ginormous Member

Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #891 on: January 04, 2021, 11:56:43 AM »

Just finished the Rise of Empires: Ottoman, wich talks about Mohammed the Conqueror and  the fall of Constantinople, i love those Docudramas  first i watched the Roman empire and i liked and now the Ottoman empire,i hope they will do something about the Moorish empires in Morocco

sorry rita, shouldn't that be Mehmet the conqueror?  Thinking

I've never heard him referred to like that...unless it is someone else? Confused

G Smiley
He is the same person,Mehmet/mohammed is the same thing ( the prophet name) ,depend on the language you use, for turkish is mehmet when in arabic its M o h a m m e d (محمد)

TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #892 on: January 04, 2021, 02:42:29 PM »

I'm so excited! A childhood favorite of mine (books and series) is being rebooted. Anyone else loved All Creatures Great and Small? Debuts 1/10 on PBS!

Yes!!!!!!!  It aired on our PBS channel on Sunday evenings in the late 70's and early 80's. It was on around 6pm so since we all loved it, my mom allowed the TV to be on during dinner so we could all watch it together.
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #893 on: January 04, 2021, 02:53:11 PM »

The Spanish Princess

A historical fictionalized tale of Henry the VII/Prince Arthur and Henry VIII with Catherine of Aragon

I appreciate it's not the typical fish out of water story as she is portrayed as ambitious but believing God chose her to be Queen of England and refused any other course. It's got great history I forgot about until the marriage then it's more what I already knew and becomes the pretty standard tale of a foreign Queen falling out of favor, but I'm only 1/4 through season 2 and it's just starting so maybe it'll pick up a new path.
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #894 on: January 04, 2021, 04:44:18 PM »

Watched V for Vendetta last night. Made in 2005, set in 2020. The filmmakers were prescient! Anyone else seen it?
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #895 on: January 04, 2021, 04:47:39 PM »

The Spanish Princess

A historical fictionalized tale of Henry the VII/Prince Arthur and Henry VIII with Catherine of Aragon

I appreciate it's not the typical fish out of water story as she is portrayed as ambitious but believing God chose her to be Queen of England and refused any other course. It's got great history I forgot about until the marriage then it's more what I already knew and becomes the pretty standard tale of a foreign Queen falling out of favor, but I'm only 1/4 through season 2 and it's just starting so maybe it'll pick up a new path.

Loved this!  And it’s predecessors, The White Princess and The White Queen.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #896 on: January 04, 2021, 08:25:31 PM »

The Spanish Princess

Loved this!  And it’s predecessors, The White Princess and The White Queen.
i loved the White Princess and the White Queen, do you think i should see that one too?

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #897 on: January 05, 2021, 01:45:19 AM »

Absolutely!  The acting is really marvelous.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #898 on: January 05, 2021, 10:02:15 AM »

Ok then added to my list
Thanks  Star

Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #899 on: January 06, 2021, 01:46:42 PM »

Ok then added to my list
Thanks  Star

Ohh I'm watching in reverse apparenrtly.  I'll put those on my next to watch.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: