Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV series / shows have you been watching lately?  (Read 2616 times)
Aubiette

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2017, 07:33:16 AM »

My apologies to bring up such an old topic, I didn't find any new one.

Is there anyone here who watch The Blacklist with James Spader? I just watched the last episode of the last season and I want to talk about it. Unfortunately, the fora I found didn't answer my questions.

The Blacklist is great! My hubby even likes it.
Visenya

Large Member

Aegon > William

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2017, 10:45:23 AM »

I just started The Magicians, it looks promising. And thinking of starting The Librarians.

I didn't want to like The Magicians ( looked so corny) but it ended up being really interesting.
Didn't realize there was a Librarians. Thanks!!

Welcome!
Honestly, I'm liking The Magicians, I think they are an interesting take on magic. And The Librarians, according from IMDB started in 2014.

Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be. Clementine Paddleford
Fiction is the Truth inside a Lie. Stephen King.
onar

Medium Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2017, 11:48:00 AM »

My apologies to bring up such an old topic, I didn't find any new one.

Is there anyone here who watch The Blacklist with James Spader? I just watched the last episode of the last season and I want to talk about it. Unfortunately, the fora I found didn't answer my questions.

The Blacklist is great! My hubby even likes it.
This is amazing!!!!!
Congratulations for your 100 posts!!!!!!! Champagne

Since many of us watch the series, could we have a topic for this?

Maria, are we allowed to start a topic for the series?

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2017, 07:26:45 PM »

Of course  Smiley
onar

Medium Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2017, 08:03:57 PM »

Thank you!!!!!

PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2017, 07:19:29 AM »

I've watched some of the Star Trek franchise programs, the later ones. Now they are being broadcast again on several outlets. And my 14 yr old niece has begun to watch them. Not just one but 3 different series at a time. She calls or txts about characters, backstory, and other objects/equipment in the ships.

I couldn't recall it all. Not even Wiki helps. Called my GF whose husband has all the episodes of all the various programs on DVD. Now watching and FFwdg through episodes to catch up with niece.

It is so peculiar and curious to be viewing these programs again. It's a feeling of being out of time with the world but curiously in sync. All these programs have some ethical or philosophical question to ponder or resolve.

I'm not sure how to explain some of the problems posed in the programs (never mind the interpersonal story lines) until I've watched the program and thought about a bit. Our conversations have become an exercise in philosophy, doctrine and ethics. I often wish that her mother or father were in on the conversation to hear her reason through the storylines.

There aren't many clues she misses in the episodes. In retrospect I'm amazed at how many subjects the collections of series touched upon and that the predicament laid out episodes posed problems that are still relevant today.

Things ain't what they used to be and never were.
Paulina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2017, 04:05:06 AM »

Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O'Donnell, Chris Hayes on MSNBC. Seth Meyers and Stephen Colbert. I missed Downton Abbey but I'm sure I would have liked it.

My first post back here in seven years, and it's not even on royalty! But I spent the afternoon catching up on threads, trying not to go down a political news rabbit hole. RD will become my escape again. I managed to ignore the entire Bush administration, but am overly politically aware with this new Dumpster admin. Am thinking of becoming an expat somewhere. New Zealand? Portugal? Went to Norway two years ago in July. It was lovely, as always, but still it was overcast and gray enough to make me go hmmm. Not sure I could live in Norway again even though I adore that country and Europe, well, everywhere, in general.
Duchess of Verona

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2017, 03:04:49 PM »

I am a Game of Thrones fanatic and season 7 premiered last night.
Margaret

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2017, 02:11:01 AM »

I am a Game of Thrones fanatic and season 7 premiered last night.

It is a very popular show and a classy production.   I watched the first episode and enjoyed it a lot, but then it dawned on me that it was a fantasy and not a historical drama set in the early middle ages, and it no longer held my interest.   My husband is not a person to try out something new unless it is something that is within one of his very specific categories of interest, and he has never seen it.  However, yesterday during an ad for the new season, he informed me that it's been around for a while now so must have something going for it so he might watch it and see if he likes it.  If he decides he likes it, he will get the DVDs and binge-watch it.  Luckily for me, he will be able to do that on his own TV or on computer. 
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2017, 07:34:44 AM »

I religiously wached 'Unforgotten'for the last 6 weeks. Last week was the final episode.

I got utterly cheesed off when the author dropped two main themes and introduced a new theme to conclude.

Those two themes defined the other 5 episodes, were finally dropped without an explanination...and I was like left hanging like where's the connection...like how does that explain that...or why don't you tell us how that happned...

I hate that!! Real mad

So now there is the new series, and I don't think I'll tune in as I did for the previous session  Snare

i think I'll stick to Humprey in Death in paradise and ooogle the gawgeous scenery 

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2017, 08:00:21 AM »

Anyone else really enjoy stranger things?

Keen!
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2017, 08:14:22 AM »

Loved The OA and The Glitch on Netflix!

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
lothwen

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2017, 03:36:03 PM »

Hubby and I have been binge watching Rock of Love on Hulu. Trashy reality TV at its finest  Banana

stunking

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2017, 11:32:17 PM »

Love Homeland, Downton Abbey (miss it),The White Princess, Black sails (miss it), Rachael Maddow (love it) and other news shows at this time in the US.
Diamond Lil

Gigantic Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2017, 11:38:04 PM »

Loved House of Cards, and The Handmaid's Tale.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: