Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV series / shows have you been watching lately?  (Read 7536 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2017, 01:19:46 PM »

I have regular watched Bones (well almost regular) on the Dutch tv channels, but missed a lot since season 6/ 7. I knew Bones became pregnant and got a child of Booth, got lost afterwards. I got very interested again, when I noticed some re runs on tv late for a few evenings. Tried to catch up by loan of the later seasons at the local library. Sadly they use to have almost all seasons (except for the last, 12), but apparently by some users some ofthe DVDs got broken and/or lost Sad

Now I found a good source on the internet, and freshing up my English (as it shows the original with English subtitles). I am hooked up again. 

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2017, 10:20:07 PM »

I've watched some of the Star Trek franchise programs, the later ones. Now they are being broadcast again on several outlets. And my 14 yr old niece has begun to watch them. Not just one but 3 different series at a time. She calls or txts about characters, backstory, and other objects/equipment in the ships.

I couldn't recall it all. Not even Wiki helps. Called my GF whose husband has all the episodes of all the various programs on DVD. Now watching and FFwdg through episodes to catch up with niece.

It is so peculiar and curious to be viewing these programs again. It's a feeling of being out of time with the world but curiously in sync. All these programs have some ethical or philosophical question to ponder or resolve.

I'm not sure how to explain some of the problems posed in the programs (never mind the interpersonal story lines) until I've watched the program and thought about a bit. Our conversations have become an exercise in philosophy, doctrine and ethics. I often wish that her mother or father were in on the conversation to hear her reason through the storylines.

There aren't many clues she misses in the episodes. In retrospect I'm amazed at how many subjects the collections of series touched upon and that the predicament laid out episodes posed problems that are still relevant today.

Our oldest is doing much the same - he's watching Next Generation along with Deep Space Nine and Voyager at the same time. I am watching Voyager with him, but I am sticking to Voyager and skipping the rest Wink We always have a lot to talk about while watching - and we're looking forward to the new series coming out soon now Supercontent

It's on break (the watching) right now though because of Game of Thrones. It's a shame the new series is so short, I feel the show is suffering a bit because of it. It's still a great show though and so exciting to see where it's going.
Aubiette

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2017, 05:36:45 PM »

I just finished watching the first two seasons of Outlander. I love it. It did lose me a bit early on in season two but I stuck with it and I'm so glad I did. I cried like a baby at the end of season two. Season 3 begins Sept. 10th.

Maria I agree about GOT. I don't understand why they didn't film a full season. It's a bit rushed.  I still love it though!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2017, 11:31:41 PM »

I just finished watching the first two seasons of Outlander. I love it. It did lose me a bit early on in season two but I stuck with it and I'm so glad I did. I cried like a baby at the end of season two. Season 3 begins Sept. 10th.

Maria I agree about GOT. I don't understand why they didn't film a full season. It's a bit rushed.  I still love it though!

The books of Outlander, on which the series is based, are good too Wink
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2017, 03:02:34 AM »

I know this makes me some sort of an alien but I have never watched Game of Thrones.... I don't know why it just doesn't interest me.
Margaret

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2017, 08:27:46 AM »

I know this makes me some sort of an alien but I have never watched Game of Thrones.... I don't know why it just doesn't interest me.

I watched the first one or two episodes - just as long as it took for it to sink in that this was going to be a fantasy rather than a mediaeval historical drama, but then I lost interest immediately.  I believe it's a very good show, but I'm just not interested in fantasy of that sort.  Time travel (Outlander) and vampires (True Blood), sure, but robes and dragons, no.  There is no rhyme or reason to my choices.    
Aubiette

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2017, 03:22:55 PM »

I plan on reading them. I have a bit of an obsession with Scottish historical romances but not time travel so I skipped the books originally. Now that I am watching the series it makes me want to read them.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2017, 05:40:56 PM »

I haven't watched it either. Well I have to confess I have watched small parts via YouTube.
Because I got interested after seeing Emilia Clarke in the movie Me before you

I have struggled through the books, waiting for the last books which still have to be delivered by the author. As it is a crime with all charachters, relationships etc I probably have to re-read the books before I can read and follow the lasts books.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2017, 05:43:43 PM »

I plan on reading them. I have a bit of an obsession with Scottish historical romances but not time travel so I skipped the books originally. Now that I am watching the series it makes me want to read them.

Overhere the same.......
I have know about the books for many years, and they were advised to me by readers of the historical theme. But as I don't like the time travelling in general I also skipped them. But after watching some of the footage of the 1st series I started to read them. Actually I have borrowed The fiery cross from the library again. As far as I can see this is the biggest (= most pages) book of the series and I still have to make the time and lust to read it.
Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2017, 11:44:08 PM »

I have regular watched Bones (well almost regular) on the Dutch tv channels, but missed a lot since season 6/ 7. I knew Bones became pregnant and got a child of Booth, got lost afterwards. I got very interested again, when I noticed some re runs on tv late for a few evenings. Tried to catch up by loan of the later seasons at the local library. Sadly they use to have almost all seasons (except for the last, 12), but apparently by some users some ofthe DVDs got broken and/or lost Sad

Now I found a good source on the internet, and freshing up my English (as it shows the original with English subtitles). I am hooked up again. 

i looooove bones
i use to watch them and never miss episode but when i got married and moved from Tunisia to Morocco i so how forgot to catch up with what happen when bones and booth had their baby now a you bring me back to very good (old) days i will do the effort and watch the show again

i am also biiig fan of outlander too i already read the books and i think as usual books are better than the show expect Jamie on Tv is much hotter than the books Icecream Dougal is one of my favourite too don't ask why but i like twisted personalities the actor who played Claire husband from the 20th century is very good one he played in almost all the big and important actual series:outlander,GOT...

cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2017, 08:24:26 AM »

The first 4 Outlander books are some of the best books I've ever read!

Just finished the Ozark series on Netflix and loved it.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2017, 09:07:21 AM »

i looooove bones
i use to watch them and never miss episode but when i got married and moved from Tunisia to Morocco i so how forgot to catch up with what happen when bones and booth had their baby now a you bring me back to very good (old) days i will do the effort and watch the show again

i am also biiig fan of outlander too i already read the books and i think as usual books are better than the show expect Jamie on Tv is much hotter than the books Icecream Dougal is one of my favourite too don't ask why but i like twisted personalities the actor who played Claire husband from the 20th century is very good one he played in almost all the big and important actual series:outlander,GOT...

Totally agree 

You know Bones en Booth have a second child? Or is this a spoiler?
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2017, 01:46:06 PM »

Prime suspect 1973

Poldark

shetlands

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2017, 05:00:35 PM »

Prime suspect 1973

Poldark

shetlands

G Smiley

Unfortunately I could only manage to see some of the Poldark episodes. Last week I was standing in cheap bookstore, which also sells DVDs, with the DVD in my hands. "Shall I or shall I not". I didn't buy it, but I am still curious about the series.

For the past year, 1/2 year I went back to the eighties and early nineties with regard to series. And I especially enjoyed Airwolf  Laughing
Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2017, 09:58:18 PM »

i looooove bones

Totally agree 

You know Bones en Booth have a second child? Or is this a spoiler?
big spoiler
but never mind istill look for the episodes i miss.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: