Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV series / shows have you been watching lately?  (Read 43936 times)
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: July 14, 2018, 05:09:49 PM »

I heard alot about the Pope but didn't sad it yet... It is good?

Paulina

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: July 16, 2018, 12:03:22 AM »

I'm watching the Crown. I find it sort of blue and depressing, but I sit there with my phone researching English history. Just finished the episode where Margaret marries Tony Armstrong Jones. It's kind of creepy that Peter Townsend went for teenagers. His wife looked a bit like Margaret.

Makes me wonder if Sara Chatto and her brother have ever had anything to do with their half siblings, even privately. It's a shame their father didn't leave anything to Polly Fry. It's not her fault. Polly Fry is Andrew's age.

Apparently Zara and Peter's dad also had a child out of wedlock and shuns that child in Australia. That's a shame. No kid is less or other because of dalliances of the parents. I hope the siblings reach out.

Ages ago I read that Queen Beatrix and her sisters did acknowledge the half sister in California and she was included in the will. She lives an utterly private life, but I think acknowledgment is really important.
Duchess of Verona

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: July 16, 2018, 01:05:24 AM »

I heard alot about the Pope but didn't sad it yet... It is good?
Love it!
Penelope

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: July 16, 2018, 03:35:01 AM »

I just started The Windsors. Ridiculously funny 

Yes this show is SO funny!
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: July 16, 2018, 05:31:04 AM »

I'm watching the Crown. I find it sort of blue and depressing, but I sit there with my phone researching English history. Just finished the episode where Margaret marries Tony Armstrong Jones. It's kind of creepy that Peter Townsend went for teenagers. His wife looked a bit like Margaret.

Makes me wonder if Sara Chatto and her brother have ever had anything to do with their half siblings, even privately. It's a shame their father didn't leave anything to Polly Fry. It's not her fault. Polly Fry is Andrew's age.

Apparently Zara and Peter's dad also had a child out of wedlock and shuns that child in Australia. That's a shame. No kid is less or other because of dalliances of the parents. I hope the siblings reach out.

Ages ago I read that Queen Beatrix and her sisters did acknowledge the half sister in California and she was included in the will. She lives an utterly private life, but I think acknowledgment is really important.

The Snowdon children and the Philip's children do have dealings with the legitimate children from their father's second marriages.

As far as I am aware there is no contact at all between the Snowdon kids and the child who was born a few weeks into his marriage to Princess Margaret's. There was no mention of the illegitimate children in the will either from what I remember. Given that the first child was raised as part of the Fry Chocolate family she would have been raised in a far wealthier family than the Snowdon's and so not in any need of money or anything else from him. He did eventually acknowledge that she was his child - despite both her 'father' and Snowdon initially denying it. The other child was acknowledged as the cause of the ending of the second marriage. All five of his children were at his memorial service attended by The Queen and Prince William

In the case of Mark Philips there has been absolutely no contact at all between Mark, or his children, with the child in New Zealand. Once it was proven, via DNA, that Mark was the father he paid for her upbringing but he had no relationship with the mother other than a one-night stand for sex (hence why he fought the paternity suit as she was known to sleep around). None of the Philip's family acknowledge her and don't want anything to do with her. She wasn't invited to either wedding as neither Peter nor Zara have ever meet her, and there have been a number of times when Zara, at least, has been in the same city as her half-sister. The child of Mark's second marriage is very close to her half-siblings and was a bridesmaid at Zara's wedding. Felicity Tonkin is not seen or regarded as family at all. She has accepted the situation - that he biological father was, in reality, nothing more than a sperm donor and so she is regarded the same way that siblings born via that method would do so in many cases.
XoXo

Warned
Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: July 16, 2018, 06:11:44 AM »

The Snowdon children and the Philip's children do have dealings with the legitimate children from their father's second marriages.

As far as I am aware there is no contact at all between the Snowdon kids and the child who was born a few weeks into his marriage to Princess Margaret's. There was no mention of the illegitimate children in the will either from what I remember. Given that the first child was raised as part of the Fry Chocolate family she would have been raised in a far wealthier family than the Snowdon's and so not in any need of money or anything else from him. He did eventually acknowledge that she was his child - despite both her 'father' and Snowdon initially denying it. The other child was acknowledged as the cause of the ending of the second marriage. All five of his children were at his memorial service attended by The Queen and Prince William

In the case of Mark Philips there has been absolutely no contact at all between Mark, or his children, with the child in New Zealand. Once it was proven, via DNA, that Mark was the father he paid for her upbringing but he had no relationship with the mother other than a one-night stand for sex (hence why he fought the paternity suit as she was known to sleep around). None of the Philip's family acknowledge her and don't want anything to do with her. She wasn't invited to either wedding as neither Peter nor Zara have ever meet her, and there have been a number of times when Zara, at least, has been in the same city as her half-sister. The child of Mark's second marriage is very close to her half-siblings and was a bridesmaid at Zara's wedding. Felicity Tonkin is not seen or regarded as family at all. She has accepted the situation - that he biological father was, in reality, nothing more than a sperm donor and so she is regarded the same way that siblings born via that method would do so in many cases.
I'm afraid I sense a great deal of misogyny from your post. Back at the time I don't remember reading any article ever hinting towards how many partners this said woman was known to have. It seems to me you made this assumption based on the
simple fact that  this child was a resut of a meaning less one night stand. Yet surprisingly you make no such comment regrading the said man even though he was much older and as they say wiser then the woman in question.

Secondly no he wasn't a sperm donor (which I see as an excuse presented to justify his lack of relationship with this child), he met the mother, he talked to the mother and chose to make a concentual choice to have sex with her. This is clearly more personal then a third part sperm donor. At his age he should know the in abouts of reproductive system and how to not get a woman pregnant by accident. As a result of his carelessness there exist a child who knows that her father wants nothing to do with her, especially when he clearly seems to be close to his other children. This type of rejection is never seen in the cases of sperm donors.

Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: August 07, 2018, 05:51:16 PM »

tonight i will start watching Dark,anyone here already watch it?

I've watched it.  Found it interesting but I need to watch it again because I'm sure I missed stuff. 

I watched 'The Staircase' on Netflix & rewatched 'The OA'.  Staircase is interesting.  Not sure what I think.  Love The OA.  I can't wait for a new season.

Last week I watched the first episode of a new series 'The Last Defense'.  IDK that it will be available outside of the US.  Its about a woman named Darlie Routier who was charged & convicted of murdering her 2 young sons (5 and 6 YO).  Its a local case here (I live close to the Dallas/Fort Worth area of Texas) and I've always believed she was guilty.  Apparently there's evidence that may clear her so I'm interested to see what it is.  It has just never made sense to me to murder 2 little boys but leave the adult who could fight back pretty much unharmed. 

Am watching The Staircase. Interesting Thinking
Reminds me of another Netflix doc Making a murderer which we discussed briefly on the thread below
https://royaldish.com/ind...c=210.msg976701#msg976701

Also watching Salvation on Netflix recommended by my niece.

Mrs Soprano

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: August 08, 2018, 04:34:25 AM »

Just finished watching Season 1 of Taboo, starring and co-produced by Tom Hardy. Very authentic Regency-noir. Loved it, so had to rewatch. Cannot wait for Season 2!
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: August 09, 2018, 11:01:36 AM »

Wiki says you need strong nerves and a strong stomach to watch it. I have to say I only saw the trailer - Miss Fairy wanted my approval- and I had to decline… should I reconsider?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
GoodGollyMissMolly

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: August 09, 2018, 07:34:11 PM »

I’m Hard Knocks this season. One episode in and it’s already emotional.

For the non Americans who are curious or interested in our sports culture and aren’t picky about profanity, this might be a good one for you.
Mrs Soprano

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: August 10, 2018, 01:57:38 AM »

Wiki says you need strong nerves and a strong stomach to watch it. I have to say I only saw the trailer - Miss Fairy wanted my approval- and I had to decline… should I reconsider?

It is a bit bloody, but not gratuitously, IMO. Fits in with the general theme, but certainly consider Miss Fairy’s tender years. Perhaps Miss Fairy may be able to fetch you some smelling salts as necessary.  Smiley I think our Georgie Porgie Romanov has been overlooked for the part of Prinny. If they overdubbed his Russian accent, the producers could probably get away with it!  Wink
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: August 10, 2018, 04:00:23 AM »

Doc Martin on PBS. Yes, this is what nearly 40 looks like LOL.
Royalfan 72

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: August 10, 2018, 11:54:33 AM »

I enjoyed the Good fight very much. It's a spinn off of the good wife.
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: August 18, 2018, 09:24:26 AM »

Not tv series but movies on Netflix: Perdida(2018) from Argentina with English subtitles and Remember( with Christopher Plummer) Both interesting movies with a twist.

Stilling mulling over the Staircase  Thinking

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: August 29, 2018, 10:40:09 PM »

start watching the Alienist with Dakota Fanning and Luke Evans

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: