Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV series / shows have you been watching lately?  (Read 87896 times)
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: June 11, 2019, 11:32:27 PM »

Half way through Designated Survivor, season 3.

I don't know why, really, but it's addicting. Thrilling, funny, totally unrealistic and laden with all politic problems available, and for sure, Kirkman always does the right thing, but I've grown to the characters and it's one of those series where you are glad that the next episode "will play in 4 seconds" because the cliffhanger of the previous episode would otherwise kill you.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: June 12, 2019, 12:08:34 AM »

Just finished Chernobyl!

Damn! The best thing I've seen on tv in ages.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: June 12, 2019, 02:40:11 AM »

It was SO good. The acting, wow. One of the best shows I’ve ever seen.
The scene with the dogs, so hard to watch but they did a great job.
And so many excellent actors. Good job HBO!!!! 👏
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: June 12, 2019, 11:59:27 AM »

Jared Harris deserves all the awards he can get. He was truly amazing!

The animals Cry Cry Cry

Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: June 25, 2019, 03:37:01 AM »

Half way through Designated Survivor, season 3.

I don't know why, really, but it's addicting. Thrilling, funny, totally unrealistic and laden with all politic problems available, and for sure, Kirkman always does the right thing, but I've grown to the characters and it's one of those series where you are glad that the next episode "will play in 4 seconds" because the cliffhanger of the previous episode would otherwise kill you.

Another 'Designated Survivor' addict here.  I recently watched Season 3, too.  You are right about the cliffhangers.  I couldn't stand to watch this series as it aired weekly and have to wait a whole seven days for the next ep. 
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: June 26, 2019, 01:31:17 AM »

Jared Harris deserves all the awards he can get. He was truly amazing!

The animals Cry Cry Cry

I agree on both points. I had to fast forward through much of the 4th episode because I couldn’t take the cruelty.
lilyrose

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: July 03, 2019, 07:11:32 AM »

Is anyone planning on watching The Last Czars on Netflix? It's meant to be 80% drama, 20% documentary. I just read an article that said the director allowed the actors to keep their own accents for the show. I never know how I feel about that lol. Valkyrie was a good movie, but Tom Cruise's American accent threw me off a lot, especially since almost everyone else had a British accent.
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: July 03, 2019, 07:51:09 PM »

I watched the 1st episode from Good Omens, last night, and I'm not going to watch any other soon. It was horrible!!!!
I believe they wanted to make a satire and something really artistique at the same time, but it was too ridiculous, too hard to watch, too wtf imo.

Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: July 03, 2019, 07:54:48 PM »

God help me, I'm really enjoying Wild Bill

Rob Lowe plays a hot shot American cop who becomes the chief constable in Boston in Lancashire (UK). There's fish out of water humour but also good detective stories.

Take your pedopologies elsewhere
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: July 03, 2019, 07:56:15 PM »

I watched the 1st episode from Good Omens, last night, and I'm not going to watch any other soon. It was horrible!!!!
I believe they wanted to make a satire and something really artistique at the same time, but it was too ridiculous, too hard to watch, too wtf imo.

Bad Omens is based on a book. The series is exactly what the book is, crazy and over the top

Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: July 04, 2019, 04:34:42 AM »

Is anyone planning on watching The Last Czars on Netflix? It's meant to be 80% drama, 20% documentary. I just read an article that said the director allowed the actors to keep their own accents for the show. I never know how I feel about that lol. Valkyrie was a good movie, but Tom Cruise's American accent threw me off a lot, especially since almost everyone else had a British accent.

I've just discovered it!  And I mean "just"... I happened upon it half an hour ago when I went to Netfix looking for something new, and I've started watching.  I hadn't heard anything about it before now.  The vibe I'm getting from it is a good one though and I'm enjoying it so far.  The combination of drama and documentary commentary is working for me.   But it's early days; Nicholas and Alexandra have just married and I haven't heard Rasputin speak yet.  So far, so good though.
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: July 04, 2019, 12:57:41 PM »

I'm watching "Fleabag". It's amazing!
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: July 07, 2019, 08:24:08 AM »

I've just discovered it!  And I mean "just"... I happened upon it half an hour ago when I went to Netfix looking for something new, and I've started watching.  I hadn't heard anything about it before now.  The vibe I'm getting from it is a good one though and I'm enjoying it so far.  The combination of drama and documentary commentary is working for me.   But it's early days; Nicholas and Alexandra have just married and I haven't heard Rasputin speak yet.  So far, so good though.
My husband was Watching it and I got into it with him and it was really really good. Ben Crenshaw who played Rasputin did a really good job. I never understood why the family didn’t justbleave for another country but it made a little more sense now
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: July 08, 2019, 01:12:57 AM »

I've just discovered it!  And I mean "just"... I happened upon it half an hour ago when I went to Netfix looking for something new, and I've started watching.  I hadn't heard anything about it before now.  The vibe I'm getting from it is a good one though and I'm enjoying it so far.  The combination of drama and documentary commentary is working for me.   But it's early days; Nicholas and Alexandra have just married and I haven't heard Rasputin speak yet.  So far, so good though.
My husband was Watching it and I got into it with him and it was really really good. Ben Crenshaw who played Rasputin did a really good job. I never understood why the family didn’t justbleave for another country but it made a little more sense now
I had mixed feelings because it felt some of the leads' gave poorer performances because of keeping their accents. But I am glad I watched it. I had my own bias about what happened and now I feel I have a better understanding in the context of history. I thought it could be better, but it was very interesting and if you're interested about that time, I think anyone would enjoy it.
tsarinya

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: July 08, 2019, 01:54:58 AM »

My mother and I have been rediscovery the joys of ‘The Vicar of Dibley’. Such a great show, really missed and gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: