Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV series / shows have you been watching lately?  (Read 80787 times)
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: July 08, 2019, 02:18:39 AM »

I watched the 1st episode of Six Feet Under. It's legendary and I wanted to give it a try but it's too dark for me, right now. So I also watched the 1st episode of Supernatural and now I'm watching the 4th one. At least this one it's easier to follow, nothing too deep here. But still doesn't reach Charmed. God, I miss Charmed!

cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: July 08, 2019, 03:10:24 AM »

Please make sure you watch the last episode of 6 feet under itís actually life-changing itís such a good episode
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: July 08, 2019, 04:16:08 AM »

Please make sure you watch the last episode of 6 feet under itís actually life-changing itís such a good episode
I have a friend who loves six feet under and she mentions it quite often, so this is why I decided to start watching it. I don't want to skip the whole series for the last episode, I want to see all of it, when I'll be in mood to watch it.

CyrilSebastian

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: July 08, 2019, 04:18:09 AM »

Is anyone planning on watching The Last Czars on Netflix? It's meant to be 80% drama, 20% documentary. I just read an article that said the director allowed the actors to keep their own accents for the show. I never know how I feel about that lol. Valkyrie was a good movie, but Tom Cruise's American accent threw me off a lot, especially since almost everyone else had a British accent.

I've just discovered it!  And I mean "just"... I happened upon it half an hour ago when I went to Netfix looking for something new, and I've started watching.  I hadn't heard anything about it before now.  The vibe I'm getting from it is a good one though and I'm enjoying it so far.  The combination of drama and documentary commentary is working for me.   But it's early days; Nicholas and Alexandra have just married and I haven't heard Rasputin speak yet.  So far, so good though.
My husband was Watching it and I got into it with him and it was really really good. Ben Crenshaw who played Rasputin did a really good job. I never understood why the family didnít justbleave for another country but it made a little more sense now

Would Denmark have worked? Nicholas II's mother was from Denmark.
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: July 08, 2019, 02:50:11 PM »

Is anyone planning on watching The Last Czars on Netflix? It's meant to be 80% drama, 20% documentary. I just read an article that said the director allowed the actors to keep their own accents for the show. I never know how I feel about that lol. Valkyrie was a good movie, but Tom Cruise's American accent threw me off a lot, especially since almost everyone else had a British accent.

I've just discovered it!  And I mean "just"... I happened upon it half an hour ago when I went to Netfix looking for something new, and I've started watching.  I hadn't heard anything about it before now.  The vibe I'm getting from it is a good one though and I'm enjoying it so far.  The combination of drama and documentary commentary is working for me.   But it's early days; Nicholas and Alexandra have just married and I haven't heard Rasputin speak yet.  So far, so good though.
My husband was Watching it and I got into it with him and it was really really good. Ben Crenshaw who played Rasputin did a really good job. I never understood why the family didnít justbleave for another country but it made a little more sense now

That sounds promising, I'll put it on the list.

My BF thought he'd do me good (as in "rather historical drama than a series with much weapons, fight, high speed cars and/or blood spilling", which he usually prefers) when he proposed "Reign" as our next.

It's about Mary Queen of Scots during her youth time at the French Court.

Verdict: DO NOT WATCH!

It's like a bad liaison of Gossip Girl and the modern Marie Antoinette adaption with Kirsten Dunst.

Meaning: totally historically incorrect, modern soundtrack (which wasn't bad in Marie Antoinette, but is all the worse here), Mary and her ladies in waiting are portrayed as interested in fashion, sex, fashion, fashion and sex only.

The pilot was obviously filmed in Ireland (I thought so when I saw the coastlines, which looked like nothing I'd ever seen in Northern France, and one check at IMDB confirmed my thoughts), while all the rest was filmed in Canada - and it shows.
Costumes are rather fantasy-like than true to the period (and dresses have visible ZIPPERS in the back ...).

I voted for stopping to watch after 3 episodes.
It's really just bland and not worth the time.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: July 08, 2019, 03:45:03 PM »

Reign is such a mess! I lasted 6 episodes and dropped it Laugh bounce

I don't know how it last for 4 seasons!

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: July 08, 2019, 04:11:22 PM »

Reign is the worst!

jnozak

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: July 08, 2019, 05:00:32 PM »

You are stronger than I. I lasted a half episode. I couldn't even watch the whole thing.

I started watching "Santa Clarita Diet" about a year ago, got 7 episodes in then left it until yesterday. I don't know why I left it last year, that show had me howling with laughter yesterday.
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: July 08, 2019, 05:07:07 PM »

In my instagram, I often see posts that praise Reign and I wonder why. I haven't watched it, I have seen the trailer and I immediately notice that they were about to forget the historical part and turn it into a pop-culture show but, honestly, it wasn't even that. They could have done a satire, it would be way better, but the result was a very bad idea and execution. I hope that today's teenagers (who loved the show so much) will grow up and understand how big crap it is.

Kristallinchen

Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: July 08, 2019, 08:25:55 PM »

I've just discovered it!  And I mean "just"... I happened upon it half an hour ago when I went to Netfix looking for something new, and I've started watching.  I hadn't heard anything about it before now.  The vibe I'm getting from it is a good one though and I'm enjoying it so far.  The combination of drama and documentary commentary is working for me.   But it's early days; Nicholas and Alexandra have just married and I haven't heard Rasputin speak yet.  So far, so good though.
My husband was Watching it and I got into it with him and it was really really good. Ben Crenshaw who played Rasputin did a really good job. I never understood why the family didnít just leave for another country but it made a little more sense now

The short answer to this that they simply didn't believe that they would really be killed.

Under Kerensky they lived relatively normal and they probably thought it would continue like this. Of course from their point if view it understandable that they wanted to stay...it was their home country after all and chances were slow they would ever be called back.

Still N and A were both naive to an extinct that it hurt.

They didn't take the best chance they had, when offered, because it came from their enemies. By the time they realized in what desperate situation they were (in Ekaterinburg) it was too late.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 08:32:50 PM by Kristallinchen » Logged
leatherface

Huge Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: July 08, 2019, 08:32:01 PM »

Reign is the worst!

The only good thing about Reign was Megan Follows as Catherine De Medici.
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: July 08, 2019, 08:54:22 PM »

Is anyone watching Catch-22? I adore the book, and have the first few episodes recorded, but I'm apprehensive about watching them.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
tsarinya

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: July 11, 2019, 11:23:38 PM »

I've just discovered it!  And I mean "just"... I happened upon it half an hour ago when I went to Netfix looking for something new, and I've started watching.  I hadn't heard anything about it before now.  The vibe I'm getting from it is a good one though and I'm enjoying it so far.  The combination of drama and documentary commentary is working for me.   But it's early days; Nicholas and Alexandra have just married and I haven't heard Rasputin speak yet.  So far, so good though.
My husband was Watching it and I got into it with him and it was really really good. Ben Crenshaw who played Rasputin did a really good job. I never understood why the family didnít just leave for another country but it made a little more sense now

The short answer to this that they simply didn't believe that they would really be killed.

Under Kerensky they lived relatively normal and they probably thought it would continue like this. Of course from their point if view it understandable that they wanted to stay...it was their home country after all and chances were slow they would ever be called back.

Still N and A were both naive to an extinct that it hurt.

They didn't take the best chance they had, when offered, because it came from their enemies. By the time they realized in what desperate situation they were (in Ekaterinburg) it was too late.

Sorry to hop on but who are their enemies and why?
lilyrose

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: July 12, 2019, 12:46:34 AM »

I've just discovered it!  And I mean "just"... I happened upon it half an hour ago when I went to Netfix looking for something new, and I've started watching.  I hadn't heard anything about it before now.  The vibe I'm getting from it is a good one though and I'm enjoying it so far.  The combination of drama and documentary commentary is working for me.   But it's early days; Nicholas and Alexandra have just married and I haven't heard Rasputin speak yet.  So far, so good though.
I had mixed feelings because it felt some of the leads' gave poorer performances because of keeping their accents. But I am glad I watched it. I had my own bias about what happened and now I feel I have a better understanding in the context of history. I thought it could be better, but it was very interesting and if you're interested about that time, I think anyone would enjoy it.

I just didn't understand why the revolutionaries had Slavic-sounding accents but Rasputin sounded like he was from north England. The Romanovs using British accents was meh, I could see making a distinction between aristocracy and the average Russian, but that was a choice I did not understand at all.
jnozak

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: July 12, 2019, 01:23:44 AM »

I've moved on to Poldark. Not bad. I just ordered the books from ebay. Normally I read first, then watch, but discovered the show on Prime video first.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: