Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV series / shows have you been watching lately?  (Read 116901 times)
genegal43

Big Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: January 18, 2020, 04:29:22 AM »

Outlander season 4 in waiting for season 5
Enjoyable enough but i think the show lost the sparkle of the 3 previous seasons

Thatís what Iím watching too! Iím about half way through season 4. I agree that itís not as good as the first season but still a decent show. I miss them being in Scotland since that felt like a character as much as the flesh and blood people.
Well you are 100% i feel like the show is kind weird outside Scotland

Well, the later books were largely set in North Carolina, but there may be a return.....

Recently borrowed season 1 till 4 from the local library. I have seen (parts of) season 1 and 2, but it has been a while ago. Due to circumstances (in particular how I feel) I haven't been up to watching them.

In many reviews I have heard that most people liked season 1 and 2 & got less impressed with the later episodes (Carolina and such). Also many said that the actress and actor portraying Brianna and Roger didn't match their expectations of the charachter.

But yeah Catriona and Sam, who play Claire and Jaime, have an amazing chemistry. Who can top that!

And.....in the past year I finally finished The fiery cross (book 5 of the Outlander series) by Gabaldon. Don't know why, but before that book has been a struggle. Now lying on my TBR pile are book 6 and 7 (Dutch translations), again postponing the read. But I have to hurry, as next month I have to bring book 7 back to the library (reserved for another library member).

Thumb up  As a librarian, I applaud you for getting them from the library, also as a Librarian, get the audiobooks and follow long with the physical book.  It counts as reading!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
jolene

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #721 on: January 18, 2020, 04:44:30 PM »

Thumb up  As a librarian, I applaud you for getting them from the library, also as a Librarian, get the audiobooks and follow long with the physical book.  It counts as reading!
I used to work at my nearby library. My family thinks it's funny that I'm all about using it rather than buy the book.
thecrownjewelthief

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: January 18, 2020, 05:06:06 PM »

I used to work at my nearby library. My family thinks it's funny that I'm all about using it rather than buy the book.

I live in a big city so we have a fantastic library system. Couldn’t tell you the last time I bought a book. I get way too excited when I get a notification that a book on my hold list is ready for pick up!
Paulina

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: January 20, 2020, 04:35:03 PM »

I just saw the movie The wind that blows the Barley. 1920 Ireland history. Very good but very heavy movie.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #724 on: January 20, 2020, 04:54:45 PM »

Outlander season 4 in waiting for season 5
Enjoyable enough but i think the show lost the sparkle of the 3 previous seasons

Thatís what Iím watching too! Iím about half way through season 4. I agree that itís not as good as the first season but still a decent show. I miss them being in Scotland since that felt like a character as much as the flesh and blood people.
Well you are 100% i feel like the show is kind weird outside Scotland

Well, the later books were largely set in North Carolina, but there may be a return.....

Recently borrowed season 1 till 4 from the local library. I have seen (parts of) season 1 and 2, but it has been a while ago. Due to circumstances (in particular how I feel) I haven't been up to watching them.

In many reviews I have heard that most people liked season 1 and 2 & got less impressed with the later episodes (Carolina and such). Also many said that the actress and actor portraying Brianna and Roger didn't match their expectations of the charachter.

But yeah Catriona and Sam, who play Claire and Jaime, have an amazing chemistry. Who can top that!

And.....in the past year I finally finished The fiery cross (book 5 of the Outlander series) by Gabaldon. Don't know why, but before that book has been a struggle. Now lying on my TBR pile are book 6 and 7 (Dutch translations), again postponing the read. But I have to hurry, as next month I have to bring book 7 back to the library (reserved for another library member).

Thumb up  As a librarian, I applaud you for getting them from the library, also as a Librarian, get the audiobooks and follow long with the physical book.  It counts as reading!

I am a very avid reader, and well known at the local library   If even a couple of librarians stated: "You really read a lot, don't you!?"

Currently my own collection of books is large, very large (most is TBR). There are not many new books, I mainly get my books 2nd hand (2nd hand shops, street libraries, library/garage sales etc.). Besides that I have almost always had a library subscription. These days I am allowed to borrow 20 items, and I easily manage that one Wink

Unfortunately DVDs are an item at my local library that disappear a lot (stolen, broken and such). So it is not so reliable. Also I sometimes want to see something so specific, they don't even have it at my library. Including not being able to borrow it from another library in NL.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: January 20, 2020, 04:58:46 PM »

I live in a big city so we have a fantastic library system. Couldnít tell you the last time I bought a book. I get way too excited when I get a notification that a book on my hold list is ready for pick up!

Oh yeah, know the feeling 
genegal43

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #726 on: January 20, 2020, 05:13:46 PM »

I live in a big city so we have a fantastic library system. Couldnít tell you the last time I bought a book. I get way too excited when I get a notification that a book on my hold list is ready for pick up!

We have a nice 9-county consortium that we're apart of.  Vendors badly under estimate how well we work together! 

I just got done with London Kills with Hugo Speers.  It's an interesting/twisty show!

BassChick

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #727 on: February 05, 2020, 10:10:20 AM »

We have a nice 9-county consortium that we're apart of.  Vendors badly under estimate how well we work together! 

I just got done with London Kills with Hugo Speers.  It's an interesting/twisty show!

genegal, what is "London Kills" about? Interesting and twisty sounds good!!  I *think* Hugo Speers in "Bleak House", and I liked him a lot in it. 

I'm restarting "Poldark" (the Aidan Turner version) because I got bogged down in about season three while it was still current or in production or whatever.  I hope to finish it this time.

I thought I'd like "Outlander" as I love most all things Scottish and time travel, but I just couldn't get into it.  Maybe I'll give it another go as well...as soon as I'm finished with "Poldark"  Wink

I finished "Star Trek/Voyager", so I started "Star Trek/The Next Generation" for about the 10th time.  I'm also watching "Boston Legal".
Paulina

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: February 05, 2020, 03:17:13 PM »

Just watched season 1 of Rebellion, about 1916 Ireland. Also recently saw The Wind that blows the Barley. I keep trying to understand English Irish history and just keep getting confused. But the accents are fun. My new words are ďpratĒ and ďshiteĒ to go along with the favorite I learned on RD, ďbogan.Ē
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #729 on: February 11, 2020, 08:07:28 AM »

It took some time but recently I finally started with the tv series adaption of Good Omen (a Nail Gaiman & Terry Pratchett book original). And I have to confess, it is addictive. Off course due to time, practical issues etc some items had to be altered or perhaps even deleted (in comparison to the book). But the great humour is still present.
genegal43

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: February 11, 2020, 03:14:18 PM »

genegal, what is "London Kills" about? Interesting and twisty sounds good!!  I *think* Hugo Speers in "Bleak House", and I liked him a lot in it. 

I'm restarting "Poldark" (the Aidan Turner version) because I got bogged down in about season three while it was still current or in production or whatever.  I hope to finish it this time.

I thought I'd like "Outlander" as I love most all things Scottish and time travel, but I just couldn't get into it.  Maybe I'll give it another go as well...as soon as I'm finished with "Poldark"  Wink

I finished "Star Trek/Voyager", so I started "Star Trek/The Next Generation" for about the 10th time.  I'm also watching "Boston Legal".

London Kills is about a detective whose wife has gone missing, and in the mean time he and his team work to solve murder investigations.  It's only 10 episodes over two seasons, but its really good!  I can't wait for a season 3!

onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: February 11, 2020, 07:20:20 PM »

I watched The Witcher 
Henry Cavill 

I know there are big differences, in comparison with the books but the series make me want to read the books. Unfortunately, not all of them had been translated into greek.

anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: February 12, 2020, 12:44:02 AM »

I watched The Witcher 
Henry Cavill 

I know there are big differences, in comparison with the books but the series make me want to read the books. Unfortunately, not all of them had been translated into greek.

Oh yes!  Mr.  Beaverhausen and I are about 75% through the first season and are enjoying it very much.

While Cavill is quite the physical specimen, the actress playing Yennefer is really impressive.
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #733 on: February 12, 2020, 09:34:33 AM »

I watched The Witcher 
Henry Cavill 

Oh yes!  Mr.  Beaverhausen and I are about 75% through the first season and are enjoying it very much.

While Cavill is quite the physical specimen, the actress playing Yennefer is really impressive.
I find the one who plays Ciri more impressive, although all three characters are not something new in literature or in epic fantasy in general.
My boyfriend said about Geralt that he is like Legolas but in a bodybuilder version 

A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: February 12, 2020, 09:45:05 AM »

It took some time but recently I finally started with the tv series adaption of Good Omen (a Nail Gaiman & Terry Pratchett book original). And I have to confess, it is addictive. Off course due to time, practical issues etc some items had to be altered or perhaps even deleted (in comparison to the book). But the great humour is still present.
It's fabulous.  I love anything David Tennant does 

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: